shocking team performance and tactics

viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
shocking team performance and tactics

fanny guthrie pack ur bags u fucking muppet
hes done his leg in.
thank fuck
uselss cunt
(This post was last modified: 5th December 2010 03:01 PM by viana45.)
5th December 2010 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user
Cal

Unregistered

RE: shocking team performance and tactics

Just a fat rick astley
5th December 2010 03:04 PM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

He`s not even fucking injured, he`s too embarressed to carry on.

When you`ve got an owner who will spend fuck all then you end up with Guthries etc.
5th December 2010 03:06 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

has to be said, hughtons had a fucking mare today as well.
5th December 2010 03:08 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

in what way?
5th December 2010 03:13 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Poor performance like overun in midfield.
5th December 2010 03:20 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

in the way we have obviously been instructed to play. ie sit back and let them attack. fucking stupid, it cost us 2 points against chelsea last week. we got into the lead, and sat back and let them attack, and us defend.
WE CANT FUCKING DEFEND AS WELL AS WE CAN ATTACK, simple, we did the same today, no one pressing, no one pushing on in the attack, trying to hit a team on the counter, with 2 big men up top is stupid.

WBA played with 5 in the middle, we have tiote sitting in front of the back 4. doing his job well. guthrie doing fuck all, leaving 3 WBA midfielders in the middle to pull strings without anyone pressing or going near them. and they tore us to shreads.
5th December 2010 03:20 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Wow viana that's the first time I've ever agreed with your view of the game although it might not be CH's fault.
5th December 2010 03:24 PM
mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

i cant belive im agreeing with the v here

it looks like the rot is setting in if nothing is done soon we will be in the relegation zone by cristmas remember we are only 4 points off it now

yes im gutted at the min but that team performance was shocking

and i refuse to blame injurys
5th December 2010 03:25 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th December 2010 03:13 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.in what way?

the buck stops with the manager mac. our whole set up in the first half was appalling. viana was spot on, we just did not press them at all and gave them the advantage - we never got going.

When we play well Hughton gets the praise - when we are shite like we are today he has to take a big share of the blame. He picks the team and instructs them how to play.

I for one would not have picked Guthrie and Routledge today after their poor performances this season. We have plenty of youngsters we could throw in, like we did in the League Cup game v Chelsea - Ranger and Vukic could have a start for instance, would they really have been as bad as some of the non-performers today?

I like Hughton but he is sometimes over conservative in his team selections and rarely takes risks or tries something a bit different. And the way we stood off both Chelsea and WBA today were not good tactics - if it was the players being poor then it is up to Hughton to shake things up.
5th December 2010 03:25 PM
Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team

Weak as piss first team squad.

Dont think a team with Barton, Nolan, Ben Arfa and Colo would have been beaten so easily.
Whats worrying though is that Hughton seems to think that our squad is good enough.
5th December 2010 03:26 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Its getting mighty close for us to the bottom 3 now, in my view we are losing too many games to clubs we should be beating, especially at home.

Look at WBA they have improved massively from last season, where as we have stood still. a few good results against the top clubs and people thought we were certainties for Europe.

Like ive always said id take 17th place if it were offered at the start of the season.
5th December 2010 03:27 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th December 2010 03:27 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Its getting mighty close for us to the bottom 3 now, in my view we are losing too many games to clubs we should be beating, especially at home.

Look at WBA they have improved massively from last season, where as we have stood still. a few good results against the top clubs and people thought we were certainties for Europe.

Like ive always said id take 17th place if it were offered at the start of the season.

We've had some fantastic and historic results this season. Even the result against Chelsea was a good one. But when we have a few crucial injuries like Barton and Nolan we struggle. We have too many lightweighs in midfield - we need to strengthen or hope that the likes of Gosling is available soon.
5th December 2010 03:33 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I'd put it more down to bad personal performances than getting the tactics wrong

Campbell was shit for the first half hour
Guthrie was shit
Shola was shit
Carroll was shit
Krul doesn't fill me with any confidence
Guti and Routledge didn't get the ball enough

Far too predictable with no one to unlock apposing defences other than lumping balls onto Carrolls head
(5th December 2010 03:25 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(5th December 2010 03:13 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.in what way?

the buck stops with the manager mac. our whole set up in the first half was appalling. viana was spot on, we just did not press them at all and gave them the advantage - we never got going.

When we play well Hughton gets the praise - when we are shite like we are today he has to take a big share of the blame. He picks the team and instructs them how to play.

I for one would not have picked Guthrie and Routledge today after their poor performances this season. We have plenty of youngsters we could throw in, like we did in the League Cup game v Chelsea - Ranger and Vukic could have a start for instance, would they really have been as bad as some of the non-performers today?

I like Hughton but he is sometimes over conservative in his team selections and rarely takes risks or tries something a bit different. And the way we stood off both Chelsea and WBA today were not good tactics - if it was the players being poor then it is up to Hughton to shake things up.

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with him.....I just like him to explain his opinions rather than just calling people cunts etc
(This post was last modified: 5th December 2010 03:37 PM by McCreery.)
5th December 2010 03:34 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(5th December 2010 03:27 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Its getting mighty close for us to the bottom 3 now, in my view we are losing too many games to clubs we should be beating, especially at home.

not sure the baggies come into the category of "teams we shud be beating" like,..they are a tough, well organised unit now, but saying that we seemed to be quite negative from the first whistle today
5th December 2010 03:37 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Bad day but results like these will happen. There is a long way to go so there is no point getting down about it. THe problem is we win a game at Arsenal we are going to win the league and we lose against West Brom and we are certainties to go down. I am not saying we are safe by any means but there needs to be some perspective here. There is no doubt we really missed Barton and Nolan. Campbell and Taylor still need match fitness. Guthrie was shocking today.

Big game next week against Liverpool!
5th December 2010 03:40 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Im on about the teams we have been beaten by m8 especially at home, im not on about this game because i fully expected us to get beat.

I just cant see what others seem to see in our squad of players, to me they are mostly fizzy pop standard bar a couple hence why ive always stated 17th place would do me for this season.
5th December 2010 03:40 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th December 2010 03:40 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Im on about the teams we have been beaten by m8 especially at home, im not on about this game because i fully expected us to get beat.

I just cant see what others seem to see in our squad of players, to me they are mostly fizzy pop standard bar a couple hence why ive always stated 17th place would do me for this season.

Judging by the way we've been playing this season we will undoubtedly raise our game against the Red Scumbags. I just hope that Barton and Nolan are fit.

This for me is the big game. If we can beat Liverpool (please let us slaughter the bastards) I will be convinced we will stay up. Beating Sunderland was glorious but that should be a given. I want us competing with the likes of those whining Scouse gits. I have waited for this game for a long time - I hope we have a strong enough side to bring revenge down on those fuck-faced cunt rags.

5th December 2010 03:47 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(5th December 2010 03:40 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Im on about the teams we have been beaten by m8 especially at home, im not on about this game because i fully expected us to get beat.

You expect us to get beat every game in all fairness. Big Grin

I think the intresting thing about this years premier league is that there are about eight or nine teams on a similar level. We are one of those teams. We have a good spine and some strong players in our first team but a lack of strength of depth that was exposed today. We could finish anywhere from 10th to 18th
5th December 2010 03:48 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

I dont expect us to get beat every game m8, as ive said further up we have been beaten by teams we should have won against at home.
5th December 2010 03:53 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th December 2010 03:48 PM)14andout Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

You expect us to get beat every game in all fairness. Big Grin

I think the intresting thing about this years premier league is that there are about eight or nine teams on a similar level. We are one of those teams. We have a good spine and some strong players in our first team but a lack of strength of depth that was exposed today. We could finish anywhere from 10th to 18th

We've had some fantastic results this season. On our day we could beat any side - the result against Arsenal proved that. However this is only the case when we have our best side out.

We have too many passengers in the squad - especially in midfield. I just hope Ashley confounds the doomsters and allows Chris to strengthen in the January window like he did last season.

Ironic that the signing of Routledge revitalised the team last year - yet this year he is the sort of player that now needs replacing with a better man. Let's hope these rumours about Adam Johnson are true - or perhaps Chris can conjure up another Ben Arfa.

If we do add to the squad we could have a solid top 10 side. If not, well I still don't think we'll go down - barring injuries.
5th December 2010 04:01 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

and to clarfiy, i aint a fickle cunt calling for hughtons head, and for him to be sacked. when he gets it wrong, as fans we should point it out.

his tactics today were 100% wrong, it was almost like he wanted to lose the match the way he played. and i dont want to run into an i told ya so speech, but i said weeks ago guthrie cant cut it, he cant, simple as, he isnt good enough, and that carroll needs a top striker alongside him. its so obvious, yet hughton being ashleys puppet, wont DEMAND money for a top striker cos ashley has him in his back pocket.
any other manager would be breaking down the chairmans door looking for the cash.
we have 1 very good striker at the club, and 3-4 average at best.
ameobi, isnt good enough. ranger isnt good enough, but he will get better, but he cant do the business now. best i wont even mention. and lovencunt cant cut the mustard im afraid.
if carroll gets injured, we are fucked.
5th December 2010 04:11 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

You mention Hughton has not been strong enough with Ashley. It did Keegan and Shearer a lot of good didnt it!
5th December 2010 04:16 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

I dont blame hughton one bit because its ashleys fault we have average players. i stand by what ive said ashley would be happy for us to finish 4th bottom every year because it means he is making money.

Even if we went down he'd still be making money because the players like carroll will be sold for a canny bit and the players that stay have a relegation clause in their contracts meaning their wages go down.
5th December 2010 04:19 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

thats because shearer and keegan know what is best for nufc.

ashley knows whats best for ashley.
5th December 2010 04:20 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th December 2010 04:11 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.and to clarfiy, i aint a fickle cunt calling for hughtons head, and for him to be sacked. when he gets it wrong, as fans we should point it out.

his tactics today were 100% wrong, it was almost like he wanted to lose the match the way he played. and i dont want to run into an i told ya so speech, but i said weeks ago guthrie cant cut it, he cant, simple as, he isnt good enough, and that carroll needs a top striker alongside him. its so obvious, yet hughton being ashleys puppet, wont DEMAND money for a top striker cos ashley has him in his back pocket.
any other manager would be breaking down the chairmans door looking for the cash.
we have 1 very good striker at the club, and 3-4 average at best.
ameobi, isnt good enough. ranger isnt good enough, but he will get better, but he cant do the business now. best i wont even mention. and lovencunt cant cut the mustard im afraid.
if carroll gets injured, we are fucked.

I mostly agree with you on all the above - but I think you do Hughton a disservice over his relationship with Ashley. I actually think he is playing him very cannily. He knows Ashley plays hardball with managers and there would be virtually no point to being confrontational with him.

I actually think he has done reasonably well with Ashley when you consider how poorly bigger names like Allardyce, Keegan and Shearer did. He managed to keep a core of good players together when we went down when everyone was predicting a massive clearance sale.

When we needed a boost last January we got an inspirational signing in Routledge - people now talk like our promotion was a given but we were struggling last December.

And to be honest the signings of Tiote, Campbell and Arfa were all excellent too.

Yes, we desperately need another good finisher and a bit of pace up front. Yes we need strengthening in midfield. If anyone can persuade Ashley of this in January I think Chris is the man. The alternatives that Ashley would come up with to Hughton right now is frightening.

In fact I would go as far as to say it would be suicidal to replace Hughton no matter how tight it gets this season - it would spell relegation. The players and the manager are inextricably linked and this over performing side are better than the sum of their parts. But today proves that without key players like Nolan and Barton we lack fight and focus - so we need recuitments or luck with injuries.
5th December 2010 04:21 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

If Hughton goes I can see Joe Kinnear coming back! We may as well get ready for the fizzy pop now. What Hughton needs though is a number two and urgently.
5th December 2010 04:24 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

i agree also, im not calling for hughtons head, im stating that his tactics on the day where appalling and of sunday league class. we had no proper leaders out their today, campbell maybe aside. weve missed barton alot.
but we need a top striker very badly. and if hughton cant see that hes blind.
5th December 2010 04:25 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

I could do with a number 2 ive not been for days LOL.
5th December 2010 04:25 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th December 2010 04:25 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i agree also, im not calling for hughtons head, im stating that his tactics on the day where appalling and of sunday league class. we had no proper leaders out their today, campbell maybe aside. weve missed barton alot.
but we need a top striker very badly. and if hughton cant see that hes blind.

Of course he'll see it viana. It's all about whether he can dig out one in January that will persuade Ashley to part with the readies - he's done it before and I'm sure will do it again.
5th December 2010 04:27 PM

Thread Closed