How long do red card appeals take? (Tiote)

Thread Closed 

ColoradoMagpie Offline

Reserve Team

When do you think we'll hear something? I'll feel a lot better about mackems with him in the middle.
10th January 2011 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
RE: How long do red card appeals take? (Tiote)

It takes as long as it takes
10th January 2011 05:39 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Couple of days. Quite a quick process so we'll know in plenty of time
10th January 2011 05:56 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

it would be awesome if it was recsinded,..but the fa could take into conderation the fact he has already served a ban this season, which could fuck the appeal
10th January 2011 05:58 PM
ColoradoMagpie Offline

Reserve Team

(10th January 2011 05:58 PM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.it would be awesome if it was recsinded,..but the fa could take into conderation the fact he has already served a ban this season, which could fuck the appeal

So much for the Common Law concept of being tried for the offense alleged and not prior acts! FA probably follows frog-influenced law.
10th January 2011 06:16 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

They will look at this offence, nothing more.

It will probably be thursday morning.
10th January 2011 06:17 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(10th January 2011 06:16 PM)ColoradoMagpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th January 2011 05:58 PM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.it would be awesome if it was recsinded,..but the fa could take into conderation the fact he has already served a ban this season, which could fuck the appeal

So much for the Common Law concept of being tried for the offense alleged and not prior acts! FA probably follows frog-influenced law.

oh ofcourse they will take his previous ban into consideration,..come on, you don`t review the appeal of a player who has been sent off,.. without cheiking if he has previous,..and unfortunately tiote has, very recently,.. which could fuck the appeal
10th January 2011 06:20 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

Personally, it pains me to say it, it's touch and go, from the replays i've seen he does leave the ground in the tackle and regardless of him winning the ball, can be deemed reckless as if he caught the lads standing leg, it could have been easily broken and as you've said he does have previous which will be taken into account
10th January 2011 08:36 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

i know,..its a tragedy if he misses the derby like,..total fuckin depressing
10th January 2011 08:43 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

I dont hold up much hope here like. This is the rule...

Quote:Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

I think the bit to concentrate on is "excessive force" & "endangering the safety of an opponent"
10th January 2011 08:56 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

what about "Any player who (accidentily) lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent , shud escape without a ban, and be available for the derby....!!"

after all, Tiote didn`t mean it, he`s not that type of player,....seriously
10th January 2011 09:07 PM
liam1708 Online

First Team Starter

(10th January 2011 08:56 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I dont hold up much hope here like. This is the rule...

Quote:Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

I think the bit to concentrate on is "excessive force" & "endangering the safety of an opponent"

Unless you're called DeJong, in which case it's acceptable to snap a players leg in two
10th January 2011 11:27 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I was just about to say Loam.

If it gets turned down then fair enough, but the lack of consistency is what gets me.
11th January 2011 12:51 AM
liam1708 Online

First Team Starter

His appeal will be heard today.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
11th January 2011 10:51 AM
onthetoon1 Offline

Youth Team

(11th January 2011 12:51 AM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I was just about to say Loam.

If it gets turned down then fair enough, but the lack of consistency is what gets me.

Ageed. There was a tackle in the Derby FA Cup match last night (I think on Savage) which everyone agreed was much worse than Tiote's but only got a yellow.
11th January 2011 12:23 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

I think the fact that his studs were pointed away from the player should come into consideration aswell.
He didn't lunge AT the player.
(This post was last modified: 11th January 2011 01:03 PM by richyNUFC.)
11th January 2011 01:03 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

He lunged at the ball, but from a safe distance. By the time he reached the ball, he had slowed down, and was sliding in one footed, with studs facing away.
11th January 2011 01:10 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Exactly. Should be rescinded. Be a massive boost to the rest of the team if the appeal is succesful, and also a blow to the mackems confidence.
11th January 2011 01:19 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

(11th January 2011 10:51 AM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.His appeal will be heard today.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Like Richy says, it'll be a massive boost if it gets rescinded. Despite all the talk on here - I can't see the FA over turning it.
11th January 2011 01:23 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

They havn't the ban stands
11th January 2011 03:17 PM

Thread Closed