Barton to Sign contract

Thread Closed 
Barton to Sign contract

Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Barton to Sign contract

Newcastle United's Joey Barton wants to sign a new deal with the Magpies as soon as possible.

The combative midfielder, who netted two penalties in the amazing 4-4 draw with Arsenal on Saturday, was close to putting pen to paper on a new deal before Andy Carroll's £35million deadline-day departure to Liverpool.
Barton admits it caused him to pause for thought, but the 28-year-old now wants to sign a deal as soon as possible to send a positive signal to both his team-mates and the Magpies' fans.

He told NUFC TV: "As far as I'm aware, I had agreed in principle to sign a deal. I want to stay at this football club - I have stated that on numerous occasions.

"When stuff happens like what happened during the week, then obviously you think, 'Hang on a minute, what is going on here? Is this the right move? Is this the right decision to make?'

Real rapport

"But I am enjoying my football here. I love living in the city, the fans are brilliant with me - I feel I am building a real rapport with them.

"Obviously I am disappointed that Andy has gone, as are a number of people in there, because we felt he was a big part of us building a successful football club.

"But I am told they are going to reinvest the money and as long as that happens, I don't think there will be a problem if they invest the money quite wisely.

"But that's not my job, my job is to turn up and play football. I did think a little bit, 'Is this the right move to make?', but I owe a lot to this football club for giving me the chances after I have let them down in the past.

"The fans are different class with me and I am keen to stay.

"It makes a massive statement to everyone if I was to not sign a contract and say, 'I am going to wait' and blah, blah, blah. Maybe a few other people would be waiting and saying, 'Let's just see what's going to happen'.

"But I am keen to get it signed, draw a line under it and let's start moving this football club back in the right direction."

Pardew praise
Meanwhile, Barton has earned the praise of boss Alan Pardew, both for his second-half display as the Magpies came from four goals down against the Gunners, as well as his mature reaction after Abou Diaby rounded on him to earn a red card following his strong but legal challenge.

Pardew believes Barton should get another chance in the England set-up, saying: "Joey, Cheick (Tiote), the whole team had the same performance.

"For 20 minutes, Joey felt sorry for himself. It was everybody else's issue, everybody else's agenda.

"No-one was taking responsibility, no-one was wearing that shirt and playing with pride, playing with character like they can.

"In the second half, he showed what he is about, showed why he perhaps should be included for England.

"I saw the guy throw him to the ground and I thought, 'Joey, please'. You have to hold your hands up and say his reaction was top drawer.

"He didn't react and the Joey of old might have done that. In that little moment, perhaps, there are some people, including myself, thinking that England duty might be coming his way because he has matured as a person.

"He put in a great, great second-half display."

Good news, if he and Jose sign new deals I will be pleased like.

Then sit down with tiote in the summer and try to sign him up again too.
6th February 2011 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
RE: Barton to Sign contract

good to hear
6th February 2011 06:42 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
6th February 2011 06:50 PM
mikeydad Offline

Reserve Team

Best signing of the season.
6th February 2011 10:15 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

do we have a channel?

NUFC TV?
6th February 2011 10:19 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

It's a subscription service through the main site.

It's £16 for the first year, which ain't too bad, but then it's £40 a year after that.

I cancelled after 12 months like.
6th February 2011 10:25 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Bloody hell. should just all chip in, then share the account.
6th February 2011 10:29 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

It is a decent service like.

They have player interviews on there all the time, and you can watch highlights of any of our matches, and listen live to any of our matches.
6th February 2011 10:31 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

(6th February 2011 10:29 PM)Silent Bob Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Bloody hell. should just all chip in, then share the account.

Is that possible, Berb ?
6th February 2011 11:24 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

(6th February 2011 11:24 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(6th February 2011 10:29 PM)Silent Bob Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Bloody hell. should just all chip in, then share the account.

Is that possible, Berb ?

Sounds like a plan.

We should be able to do it, just share the username and login i imagine
7th February 2011 01:22 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Only one person will be able to login at one time. Not multiple.
7th February 2011 02:15 AM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Could set up a rota like.
7th February 2011 02:25 AM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team
Wink RE: Barton to Sign contract

(7th February 2011 02:25 AM)Silent Bob Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Could set up a rota like.

Well, i work nights so i'll have 2am - 3am or 5am - 6am
7th February 2011 02:56 AM

Thread Closed