Michael Ashley

Thread Closed 
Michael Ashley

viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
Michael Ashley

Seems to be a few pro ashley heads on here, the numbers increasing and increasing, due to our apparently 'successful' season we are having and our 'success' apparently off the pitch.

Where we were then summer 2007 and were we are now march 2011.

i'll try make this as balanced as possible.

Managers: in just over 3 years, Mike Ashley, has hired and fired 4 managers. After Big Sam Cunt was rightly shown the door. Our current manager has been sacked by clubs in all 3 of the English Football Leagues top 3 divisions. Important to note Keegan was a great appointment, but we all know what happened there.

Top Brass: Chris Mort. Brilliant guy, i'll give ashley credit for getting him in. I loved him as chairman, and he seemed a decent guy. No coincidence things went tits up when he left. He wouldnt have let the Keegangate fiasco happen in my opinion. Keegan would still be here and we'd all be happy. Llambias, Jiminez and Wise. Certainly not 3 wise fucking men thats for sure, 3 of the biggest tossers weve ever had walking through our SJP doors. (including Mr Dyer)

Results on the pitch: Decent first full season. 11 place with a pathetic team was a great achievement by Keegan. RELEGATION. And PROMOTION in back to back seasons, and another season in the middle of the table, shows we are no further forward, possibly slightly behind were we where when he joined. Considering we were in the latter stages of Europa Cup the year he bought us. Id say weve taken 2 steps back and 1 and a half forward.

Transfers: Overall i'll give Fatty credit here. A few dodgy youtube signings aside weve bought well and spent well. BUT WE LOST SEVERAL KEY PLAYERS. Given, Milner, Zoggy, etc etc. Letting those players and Keegan go cost us our top flight status. But since then we have bought small, and bought well. And getting 35m for Carroll was good, but only if its reinvested. Important to note ashley has made a profit in all but 1 transfer window since taking charge, and has weve received more ££ for players than we have spent. Selling Club?

Fans Feelings: completely alienated, slagging off club legends, streaking across the pitch, SD logos all over our stadium, official statements misleading fans, lying to fans, Official Press Releases saying fans had threatened him never endeared him to many fans. the Keegangate affair was the last straw understandibly for many loyal fans.

Finances: many fans believe we are now debt free. Sadly not the case, contradicting official statements from Mr Harris who was trying to sell our club numerous times and Llambias, show that we are still in debt. At the time we owed creditors, but now we owe Ashley. Gate receipts down, merchandise sales down, the cost of relegation, all have negatively affected income. But costs have come down a more than appropriate ammount. mainly wages. which is good. so credit there.

All in all i feel the guys reign has been a disaster for all concerned, the fans and ashley himself. although had he got a few key decisions right in his early reign, we all might be queing up to buy him a pint in an away end. but he didnt, and alot of us wont. he listened to his wallet and his cronies, when he should have listened to Kevin Keegan.

Feel free to add another category i may have missed.
(This post was last modified: 10th March 2011 07:44 PM by viana45.)
10th March 2011 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain
RE: Michael Ashley

Agree with much of that, but ultimately, he's just another prick in a long long line of pricks we've had at the helm. He has steadied the boat financially, and largely got rid of the high earning free loaders who gave nowt in return. He seems to be gambling on FIFA regs on financial management levelling the playing field somehow, time will tell on that one.
Like about 15 other clubs in the Prem currently, we aint going to be challenging for the title any decade soon, that is pretty much nailed on. As for quals into Europe and sneaking a trophy - who knows, if Brum can get a Carly Cup and Villa/Fulham get into the waffa, then that isn't entirely ruled out.
With our luck though, if he sells up, we'll get lumbered with another prick, that is pretty much the whole certainty of the whole debate. It is what we do.
10th March 2011 08:08 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(10th March 2011 08:08 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Agree with much of that, but ultimately, he's just another prick in a long long line of pricks we've had at the helm. He has steadied the boat financially, and largely got rid of the high earning free loaders who gave nowt in return. He seems to be gambling on FIFA regs on financial management levelling the playing field somehow, time will tell on that one.
Like about 15 other clubs in the Prem currently, we aint going to be challenging for the title any decade soon, that is pretty much nailed on. As for quals into Europe and sneaking a trophy - who knows, if Brum can get a Carly Cup and Villa/Fulham get into the waffa, then that isn't entirely ruled out.
With our luck though, if he sells up, we'll get lumbered with another prick, that is pretty much the whole certainty of the whole debate. It is what we do.

WhatHeSays
10th March 2011 08:14 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(10th March 2011 08:14 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th March 2011 08:08 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Agree with much of that, but ultimately, he's just another prick in a long long line of pricks we've had at the helm. He has steadied the boat financially, and largely got rid of the high earning free loaders who gave nowt in return. He seems to be gambling on FIFA regs on financial management levelling the playing field somehow, time will tell on that one.
With our luck though, if he sells up, we'll get lumbered with another prick, that is pretty much the only certainty of the whole debate. It is what we do.

WhatHeSays
10th March 2011 08:16 PM
Cal

Unregistered

I'm no Ashley fan but let's look at some facts

FFS took this club the brink of bankruptcy by spending money we didn't have
FFS appointed dogleash roder and fat sam - all twats

Ashley has brought a level of financial stability that we haven't had in years
By not paying retarded wages, only spending what we have and bringing down the debt

Yes his PR is on a par with Hitlers and his treatment of Hughton was diabolical.
I'm probably in a majority of one on Keegan butit was a mistake him coming back and i still maintain he bottles it under pressure

Its a tough job for chairmen now balancing spending enough to staynin the premier league and get into Europe or overspending and getting in shit
11th March 2011 12:20 AM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

What financial stability has he brought really though.
Wages are well down after relegation.
Owen vidukas contract expired. The rest where told to leave.
Hardly bringing financial stability, more like 'right lads out ta fuck'.

You say facts?
Who said we were on the brink of bankrupcy? I must have missed that one like.
Keegan bottled under pressure? What pressure?
We weren't demandin european football. Just a team that was easy on the eye.
Keegan was deliverin that and Ashley interfered. So he left. Not because of pressure.

You say lets look at the facts?
And there's very little fact in what you wrote.
11th March 2011 07:14 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I think its widely accepted that Shepherd was close to playing his last cards when he appointed fat Sam like. We were losing money hand over fist and the stupid wages were still being handed out.

Yes Owen & Viduka were sent on their way, that helped, but so were a lot of other wasters and new contracts have been at a reasonable level - Not the insanity that has been associated with NUFC over the last 10 years.

All loans transferred to Ashley, so there is no external stakeholders banging on the door and charging interest - You keep saying so fuck about that, I really dont see why.

Of course he has brought some financial stabiliy, to say he hasnt is just daft.
11th March 2011 09:06 AM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

To extent that's true sal, but I think it's greatly exaggerated. To say an owner who relegated a club brings financial stability is puzzling.
But of
Course I see your point.

Sal would it be fair to say that Ashley hasn't provided any financial stability but has saved NUFC from potential interest payments?
11th March 2011 10:40 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 10:40 AM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Sal would it be fair to say that Ashley hasn't provided any financial stability but has saved NUFC from potential interest payments?

Its all part of the game though isnt it.

Refusing to deal out stupid contracts (while most other clubs still are by the way) cant be ignored.

We are one of only a couple of clubs that will be showing profits in the PL this year, thats pretty impressive given just 3 years ago our wage bill was more than 80% of our turnover - We couldnt go on like that or we would have gone bust, no doubt about it.

He has of course also reduced the managing directors salary from £500k (Fat Fred) to £100k (Owl heed).

No doubt there are many many more changes made behind the scenes that have collectively taken us from a club that just haemorrhage's money willy nilly to one that can actually be self sufficient.

Hate Ashley for his lies, deceit and downright cunt-ness, thats fair enough. But you cant claim that he hasnt sorted our books out on the basis that he is a fat tosser, because thats just wrong.
11th March 2011 10:51 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

He's just a cunt and prob got someone else to do all that for him While taking all the credit as he is a the owner of Newcastle united...
11th March 2011 10:57 AM
notts Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(11th March 2011 10:40 AM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.To extent that's true sal, but I think it's greatly exaggerated. To say an owner who relegated a club brings financial stability is puzzling.

Did Ashley alone relegate the club? I think this is greatly exaggerated.

I also think that you are obsessed with Ashley.

I'm sure I am one of these 'Pro Ashley Heads' you speak of but I can assure you that I would like a new owner as much as anyone, but its not looking like its going to happen anytime in the near future.

This has been a good season and we are showing signs of improving and whilst this is happening I am happy.

Being happy and feeling positive about the way we are playing doesn't mean I support what Ashley has done in the past, or the way he is handling certain things but this season has been the best we've had for years.

I do believe that financially we are a hell of a lot better now than when Ashley took over, I also believe that we have a good promising team that with a few signings could be challenging for the UEFA Cup spots.

It does however remain to be seen if Ashley is going to make funds available for these signings but I am still hopeful that this happens. So forgive me for not slagging off Ashley at every possible chance at this time, which is what you seem to be doing.

We cant do anything about the owner, its looking like he's here for a long time yet so get over it.
(This post was last modified: 11th March 2011 11:04 AM by notts.)
11th March 2011 11:03 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Visna fuck off man you idiot, nobody is pro Ashley.

Every single one of us will be glad when he's gone.

Enjoying the season and giving credit where it's due does not make any one 'pro ashley' Bang Head
Oh and stop with this 'debt free' bollocks that you say 'many fans' believe...because many fans can be translated to 'Richy'...and I never once said we are debt free.
(This post was last modified: 11th March 2011 12:13 PM by richyNUFC.)
11th March 2011 12:10 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:FFS took this club the brink of bankruptcy by spending money we didn't have

This is true of every other fucking club in the country bar Man City, how much is manure in debt, the last time i heard it was near £900m. Fuck sake people weren't crying and moaning on at the time when we were bringing in all these players, when we were bringing in the likes of Shearer/Owen did anyone give a fuck about the debts no did the bollocks.

And Ashley hasn't covered himself in glory either bringing in manager of the quality of JK. You are calling Glenn Roeder a twat how is that like. didnt he rescue us from near the foot of the table to finish seventh in the Premier League with a place in the Intertoto Cup not what id call a twat.
11th March 2011 12:51 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 12:51 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.when we were bringing in the likes of Shearer/Owen did anyone give a fuck about the debts no did the bollocks.

I don't think the debts were common knowledge at that time though, if they were, there will have probably been a fair few that were worried about what direction the club was going.

It's all fine running a club in debt, as long as you can finance it. Man United and other top clubs can. We can't. We don't have their ridiculous merchandise sales in Asia and all that, and we don't get regular CL football. Even under Shepherd it was only two or three seasons.
11th March 2011 12:55 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 12:51 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Quote:FFS took this club the brink of bankruptcy by spending money we didn't have

This is true of every other fucking club in the country bar Man City, how much is manure in debt, the last time i heard it was near £900m. Fuck sake people weren't crying and moaning on at the time when we were bringing in all these players, when we were bringing in the likes of Shearer/Owen did anyone give a fuck about the debts no did the bollocks.

And Ashley hasn't covered himself in glory either bringing in manager of the quality of JK. You are calling Glenn Roeder a twat how is that like. didnt he rescue us from near the foot of the table to finish seventh in the Premier League with a place in the Intertoto Cup not what id call a twat.

Am not sure it is true of all clubs though mate. I very much doubt clubs are getting sponsorship money up front and taking loans out specifically to but players.

We were losing masses of money every year and the owners were in no position to bail us out. So when the pot is dry and you are already tickied up to the eyeballs then what??? The creditors pull the plug that's what.

Fans weren't complaining when we were buying big of course, but if the bigger picture was shown to all then I dare say plenty of worry would have set in.
11th March 2011 01:08 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:Fans weren't complaining when we were buying big of course, but if the bigger picture was shown to all then I dare say plenty of worry would have set in.

But people must have known m8 where the hell were we getting the money from to buy these players. Again people didnt complain at the time but now they are.

Regarding the debts of other clubs surely you cant believe many clubs are not in debt, i reckon most are bar the likes of Man City. Im sure if someone can come up with any financial stats of all football clubs in this country there must be nearly 100% in debt of some sorts.
11th March 2011 01:18 PM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

(10th March 2011 07:42 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Seems to be a few pro ashley heads on here, the numbers increasing and increasing, due to our apparently 'successful' season we are having and our 'success' apparently off the pitch.

Where we were then summer 2007 and were we are now march 2011.

i'll try make this as balanced as possible.

Managers: in just over 3 years, Mike Ashley, has hired and fired 4 managers. After Big Sam Cunt was rightly shown the door. Our current manager has been sacked by clubs in all 3 of the English Football Leagues top 3 divisions. Important to note Keegan was a great appointment, but we all know what happened there.

Top Brass: Chris Mort. Brilliant guy, i'll give ashley credit for getting him in. I loved him as chairman, and he seemed a decent guy. No coincidence things went tits up when he left. He wouldnt have let the Keegangate fiasco happen in my opinion. Keegan would still be here and we'd all be happy. Llambias, Jiminez and Wise. Certainly not 3 wise fucking men thats for sure, 3 of the biggest tossers weve ever had walking through our SJP doors. (including Mr Dyer)

Results on the pitch: Decent first full season. 11 place with a pathetic team was a great achievement by Keegan. RELEGATION. And PROMOTION in back to back seasons, and another season in the middle of the table, shows we are no further forward, possibly slightly behind were we where when he joined. Considering we were in the latter stages of Europa Cup the year he bought us. Id say weve taken 2 steps back and 1 and a half forward.

Transfers: Overall i'll give Fatty credit here. A few dodgy youtube signings aside weve bought well and spent well. BUT WE LOST SEVERAL KEY PLAYERS. Given, Milner, Zoggy, etc etc. Letting those players and Keegan go cost us our top flight status. But since then we have bought small, and bought well. And getting 35m for Carroll was good, but only if its reinvested. Important to note ashley has made a profit in all but 1 transfer window since taking charge, and has weve received more ££ for players than we have spent. Selling Club?

Fans Feelings: completely alienated, slagging off club legends, streaking across the pitch, SD logos all over our stadium, official statements misleading fans, lying to fans, Official Press Releases saying fans had threatened him never endeared him to many fans. the Keegangate affair was the last straw understandibly for many loyal fans.

Finances: many fans believe we are now debt free. Sadly not the case, contradicting official statements from Mr Harris who was trying to sell our club numerous times and Llambias, show that we are still in debt. At the time we owed creditors, but now we owe Ashley. Gate receipts down, merchandise sales down, the cost of relegation, all have negatively affected income. But costs have come down a more than appropriate ammount. mainly wages. which is good. so credit there.

All in all i feel the guys reign has been a disaster for all concerned, the fans and ashley himself. although had he got a few key decisions right in his early reign, we all might be queing up to buy him a pint in an away end. but he didnt, and alot of us wont. he listened to his wallet and his cronies, when he should have listened to Kevin Keegan.

Feel free to add another category i may have missed.

Reason I hardly bother here, there`s a lot of praise for the fat disaterous parasite.
11th March 2011 01:22 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

no praise from me....just a grumbling acceptance that there's nowt we can do about it and despite what a fat, useless cockney cunt the bloke is, the team is doing quite well
11th March 2011 01:25 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 01:18 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Quote:Fans weren't complaining when we were buying big of course, but if the bigger picture was shown to all then I dare say plenty of worry would have set in.

But people must have known m8 where the hell were we getting the money from to buy these players. Again people didnt complain at the time but now they are.

Regarding the debts of other clubs surely you cant believe many clubs are not in debt, i reckon most are bar the likes of Man City. Im sure if someone can come up with any financial stats of all football clubs in this country there must be nearly 100% in debt of some sorts.

Of course most clubs have debt, any business should have a level of debt depending on their trade.

There is a big difference in manageable and non manageable debt though. Instead of securing our borrowing on assets (the stadium or whatever), Fat Fred has gone the extra mile and secured loans against future revenues - ie Season Ticket renewals.

There is only so much ticky that the banks will give, we had a mortgage on the stadium, a maxed out overdraft facility and loans against future income, not to mention a 5 year sponsorship deal paid up front, and spent up front.

That was all when the wage bill was still on the rise!!!
11th March 2011 01:40 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Notts I'll Think you'll find Ashley relegated us.
He gambled by selling our best players and failed.
The pick wise over keegan. Failed.
He got JFK in. Failed.
He got shearer in. Failed.
He would spend to avoid relegation. Failed.
He made a profit in both transfer windows when we were relegated.
Again he gambled and failed.

If you don't blame Ashley for relegating us. Your seriously deluded.
Obsession with Ashley? I think not.
Obsession with nufc, yes probably.
11th March 2011 01:41 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

The biggest problem I have always had with Ashley is the lack of respect he has shown the fans and the people of Newcastle. The lies and the broken promices are what they will be remembered for. If they had explained from the outset that the club needed to cut costs I think the majority of the fans would have accepted it. We know it is a tough financial environment and football is not immune to it.

I actualy believe Ashley went into the club with good intentions but knows sod all about football. He has left the club to Derek Llambias who is a tool. All the problems started when he came in. The best thing Ashley can do for me is get rid of Llambias!
11th March 2011 01:46 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 01:22 PM)Jason Mackemtears Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Reason I hardly bother here, there`s a lot of praise for the fat disaterous parasite.

Not exactly singing his praises, just giving credit where it's due.
11th March 2011 01:56 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 01:25 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.no praise from me....just a grumbling acceptance that there's nowt we can do about it and despite what a fat, useless cockney cunt the bloke is, the team is doing quite well

Mac has it spot on.
11th March 2011 02:02 PM
notts Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(11th March 2011 01:41 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Notts I'll Think you'll find Ashley relegated us.
He gambled by selling our best players and failed.
The pick wise over keegan. Failed.
He got JFK in. Failed.
He got shearer in. Failed.
He would spend to avoid relegation. Failed.
He made a profit in both transfer windows when we were relegated.
Again he gambled and failed.

If you don't blame Ashley for relegating us. Your seriously deluded.
Obsession with Ashley? I think not.
Obsession with nufc, yes probably.

What I said was...

'Did Ashley alone relegate the club? I think this is greatly exaggerated.'

It seems that nothing is fact, apart from the fucking drivel you come out with half the time. You pick apart the replies to the threads saying there is no evidence and that things have been exaggerated and most of your threads are about things that MIGHT/MIGHT NOT happen in the summer!

Obsessed with the Newcastle United? Surely you should be happy that we're having a good season and see what comes at the end of the season.

If Ashley doesn't deliver and he lets the likes of Tiote, Enrique and Barton leave then you can start as many anti Ashley threads as you want, it still wont make the slightest bit of difference but at this moment in time we're in the best shape we have been in for a long time.

We all want rid of the fat cockney cunt but talk about fucking negativity, its a joke!

Would you have been happy at just staying up this season?

I'm guessing you would, like most of us on here. Well we're going to be staying up and we have games like Sunderland, Arsenal, Villa and Liverpool that we'll remember for a very long time.

Its been a fucking good season, so why keep looking for negatives to bring yourself and everyone else down?! All this bollocks with Ashley isn't new. He's been a cunt since he took over, however we're doing alright at the minute and I would rather talk about the team and the players than the owner.
11th March 2011 02:25 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

well said Notts...

it's all about opinions but fuck me, if you can't enjoy what's going on, on the pitch this season you might as well pack it all in
11th March 2011 02:42 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

i see your point notts, well illustrated rather than your previous tosh.

i do disagree with the 'good season' thats being mentioned.

if 6 points away from relegation is a good season, then im mistaken. europe would be a good season, i wouldnt say we are relegation candidates like some may say, but i think we are having a distinctly average/mediocre season. for every good result theres been a blackpool at home type result.

my idea of a good season is 8th or above. not midtable/relegation candidates.
11th March 2011 02:50 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 02:42 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.well said Notts...

it's all about opinions but fuck me, if you can't enjoy what's going on, on the pitch this season you might as well pack it all in

I agree with ginge, who can forget the mighty Stevenage..

We showed them what team spirit was all aboot..
11th March 2011 02:50 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

time to pack it in mate if that's the way you see the season

(11th March 2011 02:50 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i see your point notts, well illustrated rather than your previous tosh.

i do disagree with the 'good season' thats being mentioned.

if 6 points away from relegation is a good season, then im mistaken. europe would be a good season, i wouldnt say we are relegation candidates like some may say, but i think we are having a distinctly average/mediocre season. for every good result theres been a blackpool at home type result.

my idea of a good season is 8th or above. not midtable/relegation candidates.

It's all relative though.....for a newly promoted team we are having an excellent season.....plenty of hard work to be done but it's been a good season so far
(This post was last modified: 11th March 2011 03:08 PM by McCreery.)
11th March 2011 03:05 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

(11th March 2011 03:05 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.time to pack it in mate if that's the way you see the season

Consistency is all I ask, not a lot really, they seem to turn on the team spirit when it suits them, you are the lads I feel sorry for at home, they play well for us away lads..
11th March 2011 03:07 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

such a pity you missed the mackems home game ........fuckin classic
11th March 2011 03:10 PM

Thread Closed