Pardew – “”It’s too easy to pick the team”

Thread Closed 

omenator Offline

Owner

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admits he needs funds to strengthen in the summer as it is “too easy” to pick his starting XI.

Pardew feels he needs more competition for place at St James’ Park and the Magpies boss is desperate to bring in a few new faces in the summer.

Owner Mike Ashley has promised to reinvest the £35million raised from the sale of Andy Carroll to Liverpool in January back into the squad and Pardew is keen to bolster his options ahead of next season.

He told the Daily Mirror: “I don’t want to necessarily increase the size of the squad too much, but I do want to increase the competition for places.

“At times, we lack that. In terms of the starting XI, most Newcastle fans would pick the same side – and that’s a worry for me as a manager.

“Why isn’t there more competition? There should be more questions for me to answer at a club this size.

“We should be sitting here and we could all come up with a different formation and a different team.

“It’s too easy to pick the team and we are paying the cost of that now, with the injuries. The best players have played every week.”

Midfielder Stephen Ireland is currently on loan at Newcastle and Pardew has already revealed he could try and make the move permanent in the summer.

Ireland is yet to feature since making the switch to St James’ Park but Pardew has stated he still has enough time between now and the end of the season to impress and earn a permanent move.

However, a striker will probably be Pardew’s number one priority as the club did not manage to bring in a replacement for Carroll following his move to Liverpool on deadline day in January.
15th March 2011 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user
ColoradoMagpie Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Pardew – “”It’s too easy to pick the team”

People keep writing that FCB promised to put the 35m "into the squad," but my recollection is that he. Was quoted as saying he'd put it "into the club.". I'm worried that there's a big difference between the squad and the club.
15th March 2011 05:11 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

£25m of it shud get us a decent striker to replace judas,..the rest on a LB
15th March 2011 05:15 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Give pardew credit he is the best manager when it comes to PR I have known at SJP

Tries to say the right things all the time.
15th March 2011 05:36 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I certainly don't think he's coming across as an Ashley puppet like some have labelled him

He's either going to get his wish and improve the squad or he's gonna be made to look like a right mug if he gets fuck all to spend

He's definitely not against putting public pressure on the fat controller though
15th March 2011 06:38 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(15th March 2011 06:38 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I certainly don't think he's coming across as an Ashley puppet like some have labelled him

He's either going to get his wish and improve the squad or he's gonna be made to look like a right mug if he gets fuck all to spend

He's definitely not against putting public pressure on the fat controller though

but he was rather stitched up like a kipper over the sale of carroll,..!!!???

saying for weeks he`s not for sale,..and then...

...he`s sold!!
15th March 2011 06:41 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm naive enough to think he never thought Carroll would put in a transfer request
15th March 2011 06:48 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(15th March 2011 06:48 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm naive enough to think he never thought Carroll would put in a transfer request

if i were parcunt,..or if you were parcunt,..the best thing would have been to say FUCK ALL!!!,..that would have been more sensible.

Perhaps i could see what a big mistake he was making, after KK was stitched up over Milner.

ie,..don`t trust ashley, cos he will make you look like a dipstick
15th March 2011 06:53 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

saying fuck all dosn't keep the fans happy either

I very much doubt he set himself up to look like a mug......I believe he thought Carrol would still be here until the Summer at least
15th March 2011 06:55 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

He can't say fuck all brassy.
15th March 2011 06:56 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(15th March 2011 06:55 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.saying fuck all dosn't keep the fans happy either

I very much doubt he set himself up to look like a mug......I believe he thought Carrol would still be here until the Summer at least

i for one would have been much happier if he`d said "yes he may be sold,..thats up to the powers that be...!!",..that kind of thing

..rather than.."for the last time,..Andy Carroll is going NOWHERE..!!"

Then if Carroll is sold,..it makes him look like a muppet, which is not good, considering he is already trying to build bridges with a lot of fans who were not happy with the treatment of chriswho, and the appointment of parcunt No
15th March 2011 07:04 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I still reckon Carroll looked more of a muppet than Pardew did

Oohh look at me and me shiney new contract and me shiney new number 9 toon top.......ooohh look at me at me shinier new contract and me shiney new scouse top
15th March 2011 08:07 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

yes but carrolls gone mate!!!,..he`s out of it, fuck does he care if we think he`s a muppet or not!!

Difference is that Parcunts still here,..he made a tit of himself, then as you say bleated on about not expecting carroll to hand in a transfer request blah blah!!

Most managers would be up in Lambsarse office pointing the finger, yelling " you made me look like a fuckin doofus by selling carrol you fuckin bastards...!!!"

But alas,..surprise surprise,..parcunt just gets on with it, like a good little lamb,..water under the bridge, all forgotten, not a problem
15th March 2011 08:21 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I thought it was common knowledge that players and agents run football clubs....not managers or owners
15th March 2011 08:22 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(15th March 2011 08:22 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I thought it was common knowledge that players and agents run football clubs....not managers or owners

yes,..and......??
15th March 2011 08:28 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

It was in reference to your......"Most managers would be up in Lambsarse office pointing the finger, yelling " you made me look like a fuckin doofus by selling carrol you fuckin bastards...!!!"...comment

I don't think that would be the case under the same circumstances as the Carroll deal....£35 mil for a £10 mill and 90 grand a week for a 30 grand a week player
15th March 2011 08:36 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

It was good business,...I`m not saying it was a bad deal, carrolls worth nowhere near £35m.

But it still doesn`t get away from the fact that parcunt made himself look like a total twit by constantly broadcasting to the world that Carroll was not for sale!!

Like i said,..If he had done his homework properly, and seen what ashley had done to KK over the sale of Milner (who also at that particular time was not worth £12m),..he would have seen the sense in just keeping his gob shut!!

Keegan was prepared to walk because he was lied to over Milner,...we all knew that parcunt would do nowt of the sort
15th March 2011 08:46 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

would you sell your house for 3 times it's value even if you didn't have it up for sale ?
15th March 2011 08:47 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

not if id said all year im not going to sell....
15th March 2011 08:54 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

i said it was good business,..i`m not denying that.

Parcunts handling of it was wrong though.,,,..any manager working under lambsarse and ashley must be aware (like we all are), that they tell a pack of fuckin lies,..if parcunt knew that carroll would be sold if the price was right, he should have steered clear of commenting on the issue altogether
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

and not if it were my main asset either
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

maybe he didn't know that Carroll would be sold......maybe he knew that Carroll wouldn't be sold.......until Carroll asked to be sold
15th March 2011 08:56 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

put it this way mac,..even with a couple of days left of the transfer window,..i still thought that carroll would be sold!!,..there you are, i`ve said it.

But parcunt was still adamant that he would`nt be sold,..even then No,...i knew more than him, just purely instinctively
15th March 2011 09:01 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

If it was simply a case of us accepting an offer....why did he put a transfer request in?

And I don't want to hear any...'cos he was forced to' malarky.......he put in a transfer request because he simply didn't want to turn down 90 grand a week........luckily Liverpool had a stupid amount of money to spunk, which made the deal worth while for us
15th March 2011 09:13 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

Chairman

(15th March 2011 08:56 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.maybe he didn't know that Carroll would be sold......maybe he knew that Carroll wouldn't be sold.......until Carroll asked to be sold

So the moral of the story is..

Never buy a talking Hoose..
15th March 2011 09:13 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

yis
15th March 2011 09:14 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(15th March 2011 09:13 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.If it was simply a case of us accepting an offer....why did he put a transfer request in?

And I don't want to hear any...'cos he was forced to' malarky.......he put in a transfer request because he simply didn't want to turn down 90 grand a week........luckily Liverpool had a stupid amount of money to spunk, which made the deal worth while for us

From what we can gather the offer from the bindippers,..or the wages they were prepared to pay of £80k a week led to Carrols agent advising him to demand a new contract for £80k a week, if it was turned down he should hand in a transfer request.

He wasn`t forced to hand in a transfer request,..just advised to do so by his agent,..there is a difference.

As for him being forced to hand in a transfer request by ashley/lambsarse,..no he probably wasn`t, but if they weren`t prepared to match the wages offered by liverpool, then it was clear that he woud leave,..i doubt if they worked too hard to reach a compromise
15th March 2011 09:32 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

so he chose to leave?....he wasn't sold in the sense that some would like to believe?
15th March 2011 09:35 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

Chairman

He was aboot 11 weeks into a new contract..

The pikey cunt..
15th March 2011 09:37 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

it shall be written that he was sold,..it shall be written that it was an offer that could not be refused,..it shall be written that parcunt ended up looking a bit of a kipper,..amen
15th March 2011 09:42 PM

Thread Closed