Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

RE: Things we lack

A decent owner
1st May 2011 03:05 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(1st May 2011 02:59 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.A good manager

Got to admit, my initial feelings about Pardew were not good, but I felt he deserved credit for having held onto the team spirit, the never say die attitude.....but where the fuck was it today. We could have lost by a lot more, if Liverpool had actually been a decent side. They only looked better than us, because we allowed them to. No drive, no winners mentality.

I am back in the underwhelmed camp as regards pardew.
(1st May 2011 03:05 PM)Jason Mackemtears Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.A decent owner

The blunt truth is, we have to live with it.
(This post was last modified: 1st May 2011 03:06 PM by lundypete.)
1st May 2011 03:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(1st May 2011 02:59 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.A good manager
Tactical cohesion
Pace pace pace paceEnergy we lack this the most
GoalscorerAnything else?

If this was the 4th game of the season, rather than 4th last, i'd be really worried. But the points highlighted desperately need addressed.
(1st May 2011 03:05 PM)lundypete Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Got to admit, my initial feelings about Pardew were not good, but I felt he deserved credit for having held onto the team spirit, the never say die attitude.....but where the fuck was it today. We could have lost by a lot more, if Liverpool had actually been a decent side. They only looked better than us, because we allowed them to. No drive, no winners mentality.

I am back in the underwhelmed camp as regards pardew.
(1st May 2011 03:05 PM)Jason Mackemtears Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.A decent owner

The blunt truth is, we have to live with it.

Nail on head.
(This post was last modified: 1st May 2011 03:14 PM by Venegoor.)
1st May 2011 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Keep the owner out of this thread.
It's a given we want him out.
But people who support pardew need to have a look at themselves.
He's been here 7 months. And apart from a great half v arsenal. Hammering a piss poor westham and wolves teams. What has he done? We have been going backwards under him.
Me and NE1 was talking earlier and we were saying pardew ain't done much.
And he seems to be getting credit.
His tenure at our club in 7 months has been a complete disaster.
1st May 2011 03:15 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(1st May 2011 03:00 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.ambition
determination
passion
commitment

they have all those things,..think arsenal second half, and manure at home, showed plenty of it

just sometimes they cant be arsed to show any of those qualities,....."why not,.?" i hear you cry,.....i don`t know the answer to that question No
1st May 2011 03:20 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I think there is a motivation issue. The club are safe and we don't have much to play for. Liverpool had everything to play for and that was a big difference today.

I think there needs to be a sense of perspective though. We are a newly promoted club and I would have taken 17th at the start of the season. We have done very well at times but a lack of depth and inconsistency has been our undoing. It's going to be a big summer for us. We are probably 4 or 5 good players away from having a decent side.
1st May 2011 03:24 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(1st May 2011 03:15 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Keep the owner out of this thread.
He's been here 7 months. And apart from a great half v arsenal. Hammering a piss poor westham and wolves teams. What has he done? We have been going backwards under him.

How long though, do you give a new manager, particularly under the circumstances when AP took over? I know it sounds a huge cop out, but Pardew's defining moment will come in the next window. If he spends loads and enhances the squad by 5 or 6 players, then encourages Nolan, Barton and 'enry Kay to re-sign, then we have reasons for optimism. If, however he continues to rely on Shola, Simpson and the likes of Guthrie for 1st team duties, then he can fuck off.

Ultimately though, despite many detractors and worriers on here

WE ARE PLAYING IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE NEXT SEASON, AND WE'VE CONFIRMED IT WITH ABOUT HALF A DOZEN GAMES REMAINING.!!!
1st May 2011 03:26 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(1st May 2011 03:24 PM)14andout Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think there is a motivation issue. The club are safe and we don't have much to play for. Liverpool had everything to play for and that was a big difference today.

I think there needs to be a sense of perspective though. We are a newly promoted club and I would have taken 17th at the start of the season. We have done very well at times but a lack of depth and inconsistency has been our undoing. It's going to be a big summer for us. We are probably 4 or 5 good players away from having a decent side.

yes there is a motivation issue,..parcunt cannot motivate them,..you cant just allow the players to think "oh well,.we are safe now, means we can do fuck all for the last few games,..and then BARBADOS!!"

for the fans who travelled down that performance from most of the players was unacceptable ,..yes you are right we have done better than most expected,...but today it wasn`t that the players we had on the pitch weren`t good enough,.it was just that most of them couldn`t be arsed
1st May 2011 03:32 PM
Cal

Unregistered

Today worried me ALOT
1st May 2011 03:33 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(1st May 2011 03:26 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st May 2011 03:15 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Keep the owner out of this thread.

How long though, do you give a new manager, particularly under the circumstances when AP took over? I know it sounds a huge cop out, but Pardew's defining moment will come in the next window. If he spends loads and enhances the squad by 5 or 6 players, then encourages Nolan, Barton and 'enry Kay to re-sign, then we have reasons for optimism. If, however he continues to rely on Shola, Simpson and the likes of Guthrie for 1st team duties, then he can fuck off.

Ultimately though, despite many detractors and worriers on here

WE ARE PLAYING IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE NEXT SEASON, AND WE'VE CONFIRMED IT WITH ABOUT HALF A DOZEN GAMES REMAINING.!!!

Ven, you are right. Pardew is about to make or break his tenure in the next couple of months. The team have done better than many of us would have hoped for at the beginning of the season: but the feeling is that we could have been safe earlier, and higher now, if we had maintained earlier momentum. I think we have the makings of a cracking team, we all know a couple of strikers are desperately needed. Beyond that, some depth in the squad. But what made this season special was the never say die spirit: I hope we recapture it, and that it is just a case of relaxing now we are safe.
1st May 2011 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Good white forwards he he
1st May 2011 03:37 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Is Pardews premier league record any worse than Hughtons? Big summer ahead anyway. Make or break time for both Pardew and Ashley.
1st May 2011 03:40 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Ven et al.
I can see many parallels with the current pardew situation vis a vis Souness tenureship.
Got the job under difficult circumstances.
Difficult first season.
Everyone said give him a window to 'build his own team' you know all the usual shite.
And it all goes tits up. Can see it a mile off lads.
Why should we give Pardew another seaso before we judge him?
What has he done to deserve it?
Lets face it we could have got dave bassett in this season, he was shite, and then say no we'll judge him after next season.
Lunacy.
1st May 2011 03:55 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(1st May 2011 03:55 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ven et al.
I can see many parallels with the current pardew situation vis a vis Souness tenureship.
Got the job under difficult circumstances.
Difficult first season.
Everyone said give him a window to 'build his own team' you know all the usual shite.
And it all goes tits up. Can see it a mile off lads.
Why should we give Pardew another seaso before we judge him?
What has he done to deserve it?
Lets face it we could have got dave bassett in this season, he was shite, and then say no we'll judge him after next season.
Lunacy.

The thing is though mate, the Souness debacle has already happened, it doesn't (hopefully) have any influence on what happens THIS summer. Despite many misgivings, we just have to wait and see.
1st May 2011 04:30 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

we will have to wait and see.
i can think of 100+ managers id rather have spending our money and managing our club this season.
1st May 2011 04:32 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(1st May 2011 04:32 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.we will have to wait and see.
i can think of 100+ managers id rather have spending our money and managing our club this season.

You and everybody else on here.
1st May 2011 04:36 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

(1st May 2011 04:36 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st May 2011 04:32 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.we will have to wait and see.

[Image: bud-true.jpg][

just a shame our dickhead owner cant see it.
1st May 2011 04:39 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(1st May 2011 04:39 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st May 2011 04:36 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

[Image: bud-true.jpg][

just a shame our dickhead owner cant see it.

I've been saying that for the last 45 years kidda.
1st May 2011 04:42 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

true, seems to be just me and u on the board this evening sexy..
1st May 2011 04:49 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(1st May 2011 04:49 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.true, seems to be just me and u on the board this evening sexy..

*Irons Leopardskin posing thong and phones Richy*
1st May 2011 04:53 PM
lancstoon Offline

Reserve Team

we have graham carr though now he wasnt here when sourmess was
1st May 2011 04:54 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

oh, well then we'll be ok.
1st May 2011 05:11 PM
lancstoon Offline

Reserve Team

u know what i mean
1st May 2011 05:12 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I think this is without doubt the weakest squad I have ever known at Newcastle (relatively) and as much as I didn't want Hughton to go there is nothing at ll to suggest that Pardew can't take us to the next level

FUCKIN HELL ...IT AMAZES ME AT THE ARROGANCE OF SOME nEWCASTLE FANS TO SUGGEST WE SHOULD BE ANY BETTER THAN WE ACTUALLY ARE
1st May 2011 05:27 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

I do a bit.
Remember though tiote was hughtons buy.
1st May 2011 05:28 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

FUCKIN HELL ...IT AMAZES ME AT THE ARROGANCE OF SOME nEWCASTLE FANS TO SUGGEST WE SHOULD BE ANY BETTER THAN WE ACTUALLY ARE

are or were?

we were competing in games, we arent now

we were hard to beat, we arent now
1st May 2011 05:29 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Arrogance?
1st May 2011 05:31 PM

Thread Closed