RE: team for saturday

nothing to substantiate my opinions??

what the fuck are you on?
17th August 2011 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(17th August 2011 12:03 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.You have nothing to substantiate your opinions though man.
The only JB I see, is one on twitter telling the truth.
And another driving force on the pitch, demanding the best from everyone including himself.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
17th August 2011 12:11 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

You ok Sally Cinnamon?
17th August 2011 03:28 PM
The Milkman Offline

Youth Team

Sal, two things, firstly Cabaye is a holding midfielder, you or anyone would be insane to play him behind the striker, secondly i do agree with your formation though and agree that vuckic would be tidy, HBF when hes back idealy
17th August 2011 04:41 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Cabaye is not a holding midfielder. He can play there or a bit more advanced. Didn't he bag 15 goals or something the season before last playing in an advanced role?
17th August 2011 04:46 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

11 from the penalty spot
17th August 2011 04:49 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Cabaye played further up the pitch for Lille the season before last - 15 league goals was the result.

He is reportedly a clever player that can see a pass that will shoot on sight, doesn't seem that crazy to push him further up the pitch.

Until Marveux and HBa are ready we don't have any real options for that role, because Barton shouldn't be playing on the right at all.
17th August 2011 04:49 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

11 penalties Sal.
Hardly the result of playing off the striker is it?
17th August 2011 04:52 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Doesn't mean he can't play there though V. It's not like he is a limited destroyer is it?
17th August 2011 04:54 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

11 assists that season too.
Hardly the result of playing as a holding midfielder Viana is it?
17th August 2011 04:55 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(17th August 2011 04:46 PM)Irish Magpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Cabaye is not a holding midfielder. He can play there or a bit more advanced. Didn't he bag 15 goals or something the season before last playing in an advanced role?

he never looked like a holding or creative midfielder to me the other day,..

the only creativety he showed was by finding new ways to avoid being passed to,..and the only holding he did was his cock,..absolutely sheeeeeiiitte,.problem is the only way he will gain confidence and express himself better is by playing games,..but the derby match is for courageous confident types, not for shy little mouseys,..(squeak..)
17th August 2011 04:57 PM
The Milkman Offline

Youth Team

Every article written about him when i was investigating when we signed him said he was holding. And yes he did score 15 goals, but as viana said, 11 of which were from the spot. But he does have a good touch and looks quite creative. Maybe he'll turn out as a yaya toure type player. Hes definitely more attacking then tiote though. Either way, none of us have seen enough of him to judge yet. we'll wait and see when hes settled in to the prem...
17th August 2011 05:19 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

I like Cabage.
But wouldn't have him behind the striker.
17th August 2011 05:26 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I wonder if Pardew will have the balls to play Vuckic?
17th August 2011 06:04 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

he had the balls to play Ferguson
17th August 2011 06:08 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

I don't think he would have the minerals to do it.
I'd love to see a midfield of

Barton Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez
................Vuckic..............
17th August 2011 06:17 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

First Team Regular

(17th August 2011 06:17 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I don't think he would have the minerals to do it.

That midfield 5 is far too narrow. Guti will be busy covering LB again, Barton's indiscipline will lead him to abandon his position as he does at least 42 times per match, leaving a gaping hole on the oppositions left flank for them to attack and Vuckic is nowhere near ready for a starting place either. Obertan would be more effective on the right, Joey and Cheick in CM, Guti doing what Guti must do and Cabaye off the striker. All of this is dependant on us actually playing a 4-5-1, of course.
17th August 2011 06:39 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Barton or Cabaye alongside Tiote with Obertan and Jonas on the flanks should be how we set up.
17th August 2011 06:47 PM
The Milkman Offline

Youth Team

(17th August 2011 06:17 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I don't think he would have the minerals to do it.

Right formation. Obertan for gutierrez though. HBF for Vuckic when fit.
19th August 2011 12:54 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Why do folk want Barton on the outside?? I dont get it at all.

He 'did a job' playing there last season, but we had no alternatives then. He drifts inside all of the time, isnt particularly quick, certainly doesnt go past a man frequently and generally leaves the side quite lopsided.

If we played both Obertan & Jonas on either flank, we would have a lot more balance and dare I say a genuine threat on both sides of the pitch, with plenty of pace to break with.

Stick Barton through the middle where he can fight it out and support the forwards and the defence, if it means leaving Cabaye out then so be it, but for gods sake lets stop pretending he is the Geordie Beckham, because frankly he isnt.
19th August 2011 01:04 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(19th August 2011 01:04 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why do folk want Barton on the outside?? I dont get it at all.

He 'did a job' playing there last season, but we had no alternatives then. He drifts inside all of the time, isnt particularly quick, certainly doesnt go past a man frequently and generally leaves the side quite lopsided.

If we played both Obertan & Jonas on either flank, we would have a lot more balance and dare I say a genuine threat on both sides of the pitch, with plenty of pace to break with.

Stick Barton through the middle where he can fight it out and support the forwards and the defence, if it means leaving Cabaye out then so be it, but for gods sake lets stop pretending he is the Geordie Beckham, because frankly he isnt.

I wonder what his assists record was after Carroll left?

Got to say he was great in the 4-4 last season. He is due a big game after all the hype - but we just know there will be some sort of controversy involving JB tomorrow.
19th August 2011 01:16 PM
The Milkman Offline

Youth Team

(19th August 2011 01:04 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why do folk want Barton on the outside?? I dont get it at all.

He did a job? he was our best player and most consistent albeit playing out of position? why change that?
19th August 2011 01:25 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

he was our best player?

Really?
19th August 2011 02:22 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(19th August 2011 01:25 PM)The Milkman Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

He did a job? he was our best player and most consistent albeit playing out of position? why change that?

For all of the above reasons?

He doesnt even play there, he just starts the game standing on that side then roams wherever the fuck he wants. Am not having a go at him for it, its only natural as he just isnt a wide player.

He should be in the middle, I cant think of a single reason to play him outside.
19th August 2011 02:28 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Barton was only stuck out wide because we had only one wide man at the club, with the addition of Marveaux and Obertan he should never have to play that position again and be in competition with Tiote and Cabaye for CM.
(This post was last modified: 19th August 2011 02:30 PM by Irish Magpie.)
19th August 2011 02:30 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

exactly
19th August 2011 02:36 PM

Thread Closed