Team vs Scunny?

Thread Closed 
Team vs Scunny?

Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Team vs Scunny?

We 'should' be able to walk past this lot whatever team we put out, but at the same time I think the cups are important this season. there is nothing worse than the season being over in February time having crashed out the cups and being comfortable, but limited in the league.

I'd go with

Harper

Raylor
Williamson
Taylor
Ferguson

Marveux
Gosling
Tiote
Obertan

Vuckic

Ba

Perhaps even give Cabaye another game to find his feet.
21st August 2011 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Team vs Scunny?

Good pick
21st August 2011 12:42 PM
Gateshead_Mag Offline

Youth Team

Pretty good team that, I'd maybe have Abied in the starting lineup, heard some really good reports of him since he's arrived at the club.
21st August 2011 12:54 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I had forgotten about Abeid.

There's obviously the likes of Ranger, Best and Lovenkrands that will be wanting a look in too.

It's good that we have more options this season, am hoping that come September we will have a relatively strong bench to pick from as well as having a few of our decent young uns out on loan.
21st August 2011 01:06 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

i think we will pick as little recent first team players as we can but agree we should be looking at a good cup run if we can, and surely they dont need a rest yet, only played twice...

would like to see more of vukic this year aswell, hear good reports but rarely see him. i know he's had injuries but im assuming he's fit now
21st August 2011 02:55 PM
bardpard

Unregistered

(21st August 2011 02:55 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i think we will pick as little recent first team players as we can but agree we should be looking at a good cup run if we can, and surely they dont need a rest yet, only played twice...

would like to see more of vukic this year aswell, hear good reports but rarely see him. i know he's had injuries but im assuming he's fit now

its well known once vuckic has served apprenticeship here he is off to manu-they have a first option agreement on him-thats why fergie let us sign him
21st August 2011 03:16 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

we need another CB, what happens if two out of Colo, Saylor and Willo get injured? We're taking an almighty gamble with the centre back situation, is Kadar at the club? Is he good enough?
(This post was last modified: 21st August 2011 03:43 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
21st August 2011 03:42 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

We have 4 if you include Kadar, thats enough for a side with no European games to cover.
21st August 2011 04:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(21st August 2011 04:14 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We have 4 if you include Kadar, thats enough for a side with no European games to cover.

true... 4 is adequate... as long as kadar is good enough
21st August 2011 04:18 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He didnt even get a squad number, dunno what the crack is with him
21st August 2011 04:24 PM
bardpard

Unregistered

kadar had a nervous breakdown and cracked up after a youthteam tour of holland due to all of his injury problems, injured in the first game i think, has gone back to hungary to sort his napper out-if he comes back they will give him a number
21st August 2011 04:40 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(21st August 2011 04:40 PM)bardpard Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.kadar had a nervous breakdown and cracked up after a youthteam tour of holland due to all of his injury problems, injured in the first game i think, has gone back to hungary to sort his napper out-if he comes back they will give him a number

All sounds a bit extreme like.
21st August 2011 04:52 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

It's a puzzler like.
21st August 2011 04:54 PM
bardpard

Unregistered

(21st August 2011 04:52 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(21st August 2011 04:40 PM)bardpard Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.kadar had a nervous breakdown and cracked up after a youthteam tour of holland due to all of his injury problems, injured in the first game i think, has gone back to hungary to sort his napper out-if he comes back they will give him a number

All sounds a bit extreme like.

he has picked up loads of injuries and was expecting to be pushing for a first team place-can also play left back, the latest injury must have been to much for him
21st August 2011 04:57 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

Picked up a groin injury during the pre-season tour of Holland

Probably hasn't been given a squad number as they'll be probably looking to loan him out again (Airey hasn't got a number and he's on loan but Tavernier has) which seems to suggest Pardew and Co. don't think he isn't quite ready for 1st team football this season (reserves don't need a number allocated)
21st August 2011 05:19 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

I'd give lads a run out that haven't played much yet.

Harper

Perch Williamson Taylor Ferguson

Obertan Gosling Vuckic Marveaux

Best Ba

I'd like to see Abeid get a bit of time too.
21st August 2011 07:54 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

I like the look of Irish's team
21st August 2011 07:58 PM

Thread Closed