FAO Viana, rotti and co.....

McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I've been asking for a while now without getting an answer......

I fully understand what Ashley is doing..i.e bringing the wage structure down to a level that he thinks is right. He wants a club that is self sufficient so buying in new talent with a view to selling them on at the end of their contracts for a profit etc etc

How is the club being destroyed by him.....I can understand he might be making decisions that you don't agree with but I really don't understand where the 'destroying the club' thing comes in

please explain
24th August 2011 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
RE: FAO Viana, rotti and co.....

Ive told you on the other thread when you asked he is selling our best players and the players that were the leaders of the squad. i didnt say it was being destroyed i said we are getting worse all the time as a club, We have been going downhill since SBR got the boot,you simply cant improve year on year if you keep selling your better players. Also Ashley was the one in charge when we got relegated so he is ultimately to blame we didnt under Fat Fred.

"so buying in new talent with a view to selling them on at the end of their contracts for a profit"

Or in Carroll's case after 4 months of him signing a new deal. Mac if you care to look back at some of your comments about Ashley a while back you were saying exactly what we are saying now, why is it different for you to have that opinion and not me or others that think he is a cancer for the club. You dislike Barton and a lot of people will agree with you but he is not a bad player and had given his all when he has played for us hence why the fans voted him player of the year. You dont get that if your a waste of space. nobody is saying he is a saint but as i said in the other thread we knew what he was like when we signed him, we knew what he did to that other player. The club signed him the fans have no say what so ever in anything to do with the club all we are to him is a way to make money nowt more.
24th August 2011 07:25 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(24th August 2011 07:25 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ive told you on the other thread when you asked he is selling our best players and the players that were the leaders of the squad. i didnt say it was being destroyed i said we are getting worse all the time as a club, We have been going downhill since SBR got the boot,you simply cant improve year on year if you keep selling your better players. Also Ashley was the one in charge when we got relegated so he is ultimately to blame we didnt under Fat Fred.

"so buying in new talent with a view to selling them on at the end of their contracts for a profit"

Or in Carroll's case after 4 months of him signing a new deal. Mac if you care to look back at some of your comments about Ashley a while back you were saying exactly what we are saying now, why is it different for you to have that opinion and not me or others that think he is a cancer for the club. You dislike Barton and a lot of people will agree with you but he is not a bad player and had given his all when he has played for us hence why the fans voted him player of the year. You dont get that if your a waste of space. nobody is saying he is a saint but as i said in the other thread we knew what he was like when we signed him, we knew what he did to that other player. The club signed him the fans have no say what so ever in anything to do with the club all we are to him is a way to make money nowt more.

two points rotti

1) if these players are replaced by equal players who actually want to be at the club then I see no issue. I honestly think Cabaye is a better player than Nolan. I think there are players already on the books who are better than Barton.

2) If players really want to go then there is not a lot any club can go - for Fabregas at Arsenal, Ronaldo at Man U read Carroll and Enrique.

The real time to criticise the club is if on Sept 1st the squad is weaker than on 1st July. That is something I have believed all summer.

If we sign Pieters I honestly don't think it is. I would be happier with a name centre forward to replace the sale of Carroll back in Jan however.
24th August 2011 07:43 PM
Exiled Mag Offline

Reserve Team

I personally don't think he is destroying the club ... But never forget, he bought the club, he fucked up with his "due diligence". Boo fucking hoo.... This is not buying a car without a hpi check, this is a region's history and heritage... I do not like the cunt but only because he is clearly trying to sow some sort of revenge for the KK situation, it smacks of petulance, and also because under his stewardship we will never be able to compete with the elite OR the so called second tier again .. That saddens me, is that not what sport is about? Trying, working and hoping to be the best? If people are happy for the club just to survive then that's cool but I want the season to start with maybe, what if? I want to watch that cunt Stelling and co on Soccer Saturday saying, Newcastle are on the up not all saying we are relegation fodder.... At the moment some fans are just happy that we may, MAY finish mid table... But hey... He is the owner, he can do what he likes with his toy... It does not mean that some of us have to like it...
(This post was last modified: 24th August 2011 07:47 PM by Exiled Mag.)
24th August 2011 07:45 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:if these players are replaced by equal players who actually want to be at the club then I see no issue

OH the Irony of that mate you mean players that wanted to stay like erm Nolan/Barton.
24th August 2011 07:48 PM
Gateshead_Mag Offline

Youth Team

??? Nolan and Barton both had time left on there contracts Rotti, if they wanted to be here they would of seen out said contracts.
24th August 2011 07:51 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I might well have said similar things to what is being said now by others (I'd genuinely like you to put the thread/threads up so I can have a look) but things change. I try and adapt my opinions to the here and now rather than past or the future. I'm guessing here but I very much doubt you were singing Bartons praises during his first two seasons but as I say, things change

I'm not sure how Ashley can get the blame for the decline immediately after Sir Bobby was finished but never mind.

Remind me again who Ashley has sold that wanted to be here? I think some can't handle the fact that the new Geordie number 9 just didn't want to be here once he'd been offered mega bucks by Liverpool. There was a contract on the table for both Nolan and Enrique but for whatever reasons they decided to mve on.

Smith is still here on big money, Collocini is here on big money, Tiote has just had an improved contract and they are all still here. Presumably because they haven't requested to go or they haven't been a complete cunt on twitter.

Players will always leave this club because there will always be better offers for them financially. That just means that the ones who do join are here for the right reasons, not like the mercenaries we've had in the past that didn't have the heart for a relegation battle

Ashley has made some ridiculous decisions and will continue to make them no doubt but there is still a team there that is well worthy of our support.

(This post was last modified: 24th August 2011 07:57 PM by McCreery.)
24th August 2011 07:53 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(24th August 2011 07:48 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Quote:if these players are replaced by equal players who actually want to be at the club then I see no issue

OH the Irony of that mate you mean players that wanted to stay like erm Nolan/Barton.

Nolan was offered a 3 year deal and sniffed at it. Barton could stay another season and as Pardew said see what happens.

Sorry like but both of these two were more interested in padding out their already MASSIVE bank balance with a solid gold 5 year contract taking them to their 34th birthday. To the extent that they are prepared to drop a division and to a very minor club who will be relegated cos no one else wanted him.
24th August 2011 07:54 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

In Barton's case if the club are saying you can fuck off now what do you expect him to do wait till the summer and hope someone comes in for him or see what QPR are offering. remember he is a free player QPR can pay him a better wage because they dont have to pay anything to NUFC.

The clubs happy they have got a player on £60k pw off their bill and no doubt Barton will be happy because he will be going to a club that actually wants him even after what's gone on. Remember we were in the very same situation before we bought him we knew his baggage yet he was still signed.
24th August 2011 07:57 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(24th August 2011 07:57 PM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.In Barton's case if the club are saying you can fuck off now what do you expect him to do wait till the summer and hope someone comes in for him or see what QPR are offering. remember he is a free player QPR can pay him a better wage because they dont have to pay anything to NUFC.

The clubs happy they have got a player on £60k pw off their bill and no doubt Barton will be happy because he will be going to a club that actually wants him even after what's gone on. Remember we were in the very same situation before we bought him we knew his baggage yet he was still signed.

do you think Barton is worth £60k per week? Till he is 34?
24th August 2011 08:00 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

How do you know he was after that amount has he admitted what they were offering him like. As ive said on other threads the money is stupid in football now nobody is worth that much per week its ridiculous.
24th August 2011 08:02 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(24th August 2011 07:45 PM)Exiled Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I personally don't think he is destroying the club ... But never forget, he bought the club, he fucked up with his "due diligence". Boo fucking hoo.... This is not buying a car without a hpi check, this is a region's history and heritage... I do not like the cunt but only because he is clearly trying to sow some sort of revenge for the KK situation, it smacks of petulance, and also because under his stewardship we will never be able to compete with the elite OR the so called second tier again .. That saddens me, is that not what sport is about? Trying, working and hoping to be the best? If people are happy for the club just to survive then that's cool but I want the season to start with maybe, what if? I want to watch that cunt Stelling and co on Soccer Saturday saying, Newcastle are on the up not all saying we are relegation fodder.... At the moment some fans are just happy that we may, MAY finish mid table... But hey... He is the owner, he can do what he likes with his toy... It does not mean that some of us have to like it...

So in a show of petulance, he is prepared to risk another relegation by buying inferior (not yet proven) players, in which case he couldn't give the club away, and would kiss good-bye to any hope of recouping his investment?
How rich/stupid/petulant do you have to be to do that?
Last season we where mid table fodder, as we have been since before he arrived, and this season is only 2 games old! Oh, and btw, I don't like it either.
(This post was last modified: 24th August 2011 08:30 PM by Venegoor.)
24th August 2011 08:04 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

*eagerly awaits Vianas input*
24th August 2011 08:27 PM
Exiled Mag Offline

Reserve Team

(24th August 2011 08:04 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(24th August 2011 07:45 PM)Exiled Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I personally don't think he is destroying the club ... But never forget, he bought the club, he fucked up with his "due diligence". Boo fucking hoo.... This is not buying a car without a hpi check, this is a region's history and heritage... I do not like the cunt but only because he is clearly trying to sow some sort of revenge for the KK situation, it smacks of petulance, and also because under his stewardship we will never be able to compete with the elite OR the so called second tier again .. That saddens me, is that not what sport is about? Trying, working and hoping to be the best? If people are happy for the club just to survive then that's cool but I want the season to start with maybe, what if? I want to watch that cunt Stelling and co on Soccer Saturday saying, Newcastle are on the up not all saying we are relegation fodder.... At the moment some fans are just happy that we may, MAY finish mid table... But hey... He is the owner, he can do what he likes with his toy... It does not mean that some of us have to like it...

So in a show of petulance, he is prepared to risk another relegation by buying inferior (not proven) players, in which case he couldn't give the club away, and would kiss good-bye to any hope of recouping his investment?
Last season we where mid table fodder, as we have been since before he arrived, and this season is only 2 games old! Oh, and btw, I don't like it either.

Frankly yes! He has spent NO money!!! List the players he has actually spent money on since Keegangate and then what he has recouped on sales? Either way we are in no better position nor are we going to be while he continues with this stance.... I will reiterate, I dont think we are in a dire situation but I dont think we are in a particularly rosy one either.... Middle of the road... Which was what my point was! I would also lean toward the model he has in place IF he was being genuine.... ANYONE with an arsehole can see that he does not give a fuck about our club and is on some revenge trip...

Ok how about this... Manure are about to be floated on the Hong Kong stock exchange for some ridiculous amount, 1bn-2bn??? Also they have just negotiated a deal with DHL to sponsor their training kit for 40m... TRAINING KIT.... 40mil??? If he was not just being a cunt and being a great businessman then he would put 2+2 together... Before I get lynched I know that we do not have the worldwide pull of the mancs but I read an article the other day in the independent or something and it made me think.... We are the last really big club that could do a Man City.... Who is to say it could not happen in 2-3-4-5 years???

I am a fan of this club, I want us to be moving forward, and as I see it we are static... Yes we have had a good start and I for one hold my hands up and say it is better than I expected, I posted my personal concerns a few weeks ago when the fixtures were released... My bad... Mac in particular keeps saying we should of finished 9th last season but for some poor subs, bad luck yadda yadda... If we finish above 9th this season then I will drive up the M1 and buy everyone on here a drink at the last home game of the season... I will happily pay for that if we do... Thats all I want... Progression not survival...
24th August 2011 08:43 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:ANYONE with an arsehole can see that he does not give a fuck about our club and is on some revenge trip...

Dont know why but that make laugh out loud HEHEHE.
24th August 2011 08:45 PM
mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

was kinda funny
24th August 2011 08:47 PM
Exiled Mag Offline

Reserve Team

*Eagerly awaits Vianas input too*
24th August 2011 08:49 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

The claims Ashleys trying to model us on Arsenal is fundamentally flawed.

We don’t have a top class manager, top to bottom football men or a Leader at the top who knows the game.

We have a relegation haunted manager, a rookie coach and Carver, yes men at every position, a chairman who isn’t interested in even trying to relate to the fans and a proven liar.

Arsenal have built an extensive scouting system, we have Carr and his Easyjet gold card.

Destroying the club might be taking it to an extreme, but its clear the route he is taking well never deliver any glory nor even the optimism to dream. It is a brazen money machine for him and its ruining fans expectations.

But we will never achieve even Europe under his ownership
24th August 2011 08:50 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

How can you say we won't achieve Europe and yet people claim we will/can get relegated?
24th August 2011 08:57 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(24th August 2011 08:57 PM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.How can you say we won't achieve Europe and yet people claim we will/can get relegated?

Howay Steve man, you know their is no optimism on this forum anymore.

I can hear the miserable bastards cheering all ready for Scunny scoring.
(This post was last modified: 24th August 2011 09:00 PM by NE1.)
24th August 2011 08:59 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Sad but true in some cases.

*waits to be shot down and called unrealistic*
24th August 2011 09:06 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

*waits*
24th August 2011 09:15 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

(24th August 2011 07:53 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I might well have said similar things to what is being said now by others (I'd genuinely like you to put the thread/threads up so I can have a look) but things change. I try and adapt my opinions to the here and now rather than past or the future. I'm guessing here but I very much doubt you were singing Bartons praises during his first two seasons but as I say, things change

I'm not sure how Ashley can get the blame for the decline immediately after Sir Bobby was finished but never mind.

Remind me again who Ashley has sold that wanted to be here? I think some can't handle the fact that the new Geordie number 9 just didn't want to be here once he'd been offered mega bucks by Liverpool. There was a contract on the table for both Nolan and Enrique but for whatever reasons they decided to mve on.

Smith is still here on big money, Collocini is here on big money, Tiote has just had an improved contract and they are all still here. Presumably because they haven't requested to go or they haven't been a complete cunt on twitter.

Players will always leave this club because there will always be better offers for them financially. That just means that the ones who do join are here for the right reasons, not like the mercenaries we've had in the past that didn't have the heart for a relegation battle

Ashley has made some ridiculous decisions and will continue to make them no doubt but there is still a team there that is well worthy of our support.

Apart from certain players you don't support. Kiss
24th August 2011 09:16 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(24th August 2011 08:43 PM)Exiled Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(24th August 2011 08:04 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

So in a show of petulance, he is prepared to risk another relegation by buying inferior (not proven) players, in which case he couldn't give the club away, and would kiss good-bye to any hope of recouping his investment?

Frankly yes! He has spent NO money!!! List the players he has actually spent money on since Keegangate and then what he has recouped on sales? Either way we are in no better position nor are we going to be while he continues with this stance.... I will reiterate, I dont think we are in a dire situation but I dont think we are in a particularly rosy one either.... Middle of the road... Which was what my point was! I would also lean toward the model he has in place IF he was being genuine.... ANYONE with an arsehole can see that he does not give a fuck about our club and is on some revenge trip...

Ok how about this... Manure are about to be floated on the Hong Kong stock exchange for some ridiculous amount, 1bn-2bn??? Also they have just negotiated a deal with DHL to sponsor their training kit for 40m... TRAINING KIT.... 40mil??? If he was not just being a cunt and being a great businessman then he would put 2+2 together... Before I get lynched I know that we do not have the worldwide pull of the mancs but I read an article the other day in the independent or something and it made me think.... We are the last really big club that could do a Man City.... Who is to say it could not happen in 2-3-4-5 years???

I am a fan of this club, I want us to be moving forward, and as I see it we are static... Yes we have had a good start and I for one hold my hands up and say it is better than I expected, I posted my personal concerns a few weeks ago when the fixtures were released... My bad... Mac in particular keeps saying we should of finished 9th last season but for some poor subs, bad luck yadda yadda... If we finish above 9th this season then I will drive up the M1 and buy everyone on here a drink at the last home game of the season... I will happily pay for that if we do... Thats all I want... Progression not survival...

Well, apart from the 220+ mil to buy the club and debt, and the 20 mil to keep it afloat during relegation! I agree about the potential, for the life of me I cannot see how the likes of Soton, pumpey (multiple times) and others get snapped up, yet we are left untouched, a situation before Ashley as well. Maybe it's geographical, who knows, but this is one of the last footballing gold mines to be seemed. Ashley is either being prescient in not trying to keep up with the Sheikhs, or being fantastically short sighted. I would love progression as well, but there is a temptation think that in the last 40 odd years, 52k crowds and qualifying for the champs league are the norm - they aint, the sky generation have bumped that figure up. As much as people jump up and down, we're stuck with him, and whilst we can forget challenging top 4 under him, worse teams than us have managed a Cup, and like for most of the last 5 decades, that's the best we can hope for.

P.S I drink McEwans Export btw, and no, i'm certainly not waiting for viana's input Smile
24th August 2011 09:16 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

We all want progression.

We have had that the last couple of seasons, we could well continue this season.

Why moan about regression when it hasn't even happened....... Yet.
24th August 2011 09:23 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm off to peeps shortly Viana....chop chop man

If this had have been a Barton is a cunt thread you would have been all over it with your thought provoking views
24th August 2011 09:24 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

it is when you look at our squad.
24th August 2011 09:25 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

which squad would you have prefered on paper Bob......relegation squad or last seasons ??
24th August 2011 09:27 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

(24th August 2011 08:59 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(24th August 2011 08:57 PM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.How can you say we won't achieve Europe and yet people claim we will/can get relegated?

Howay Steve man, you know their is no optimism on this forum anymore.

I can hear the miserable bastards cheering all ready for Scunny scoring.

fuck me how people think on here

and its already mate
24th August 2011 09:27 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Last seasons, plus the players brought in this season. plus a striker.
24th August 2011 09:28 PM