Coloccini

Thread Closed 
Coloccini

Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Coloccini

The bloke is awesome.

Mark Douglas tweeted that tomorrow's sun has some exclusive news on his contract. He is obviously just trying to sell papers of course, I doubt the exclusive could be that he has signed a new deal - it would have been announced by the club not the Sun.

I hope, nay I pray, that we get him tied down on a long term deal to see out what will be his best years at SJP.

He and Jonas could well go down in NUFC folklore as our two most committed and loved foreigners of all time.
5th November 2011 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
andy1305 Offline

Youth Team
RE: Coloccini

He was immense again today and although jonas had to do more defending that attacking especially 2nd half, they will defo be my two favourite and loved foreigners nufc have ever had.

would be great to see colo sign a new contract

3rd
(This post was last modified: 5th November 2011 07:29 PM by andy1305.)
5th November 2011 07:27 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th November 2011 07:27 PM)andy1305 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He was immense again today and although jonas had to do more defending that attacking especially 2nd half, they will defo be my two favourite and loved foreigners nufc have ever had.

3rd

in the 30 odd years I have followed NUFC he is the best defender I have seen in a black and white shirt. Not much competition in that time mind, but he is the real deal all right.

Stroke of genius by Pardew making him Captain. It seems to have made Colo an even better player.
5th November 2011 07:32 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(5th November 2011 07:23 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.The bloke is awesome.

Mark Douglas tweeted that tomorrow's sun has some exclusive news on his contract. He is obviously just trying to sell papers of course, I doubt the exclusive could be that he has signed a new deal - it would have been announced by the club not the Sun.

I hope, nay I pray, that we get him tied down on a long term deal to see out what will be his best years at SJP.

He and Jonas could well go down in NUFC folklore as our two most committed and loved foreigners of all time.

Spot on, he must be signed up, the lift to the squad and supporters is immeasurable.
5th November 2011 07:36 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Got to agree, he has surpassed Woodgate as the best defender i have seen in a black and white shirt, although i am only 24.

Its hard to believe how poor he was in his first season, guess it proves some players need time to settle!
5th November 2011 07:59 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Coloccini is getting better and better and better. Class.
5th November 2011 08:29 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(5th November 2011 07:32 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(5th November 2011 07:27 PM)andy1305 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He was immense again today and although jonas had to do more defending that attacking especially 2nd half, they will defo be my two favourite and loved foreigners nufc have ever had.

3rd

in the 30 odd years I have followed NUFC he is the best defender I have seen in a black and white shirt. Not much competition in that time mind, but he is the real deal all right.

Stroke of genius by Pardew making him Captain. It seems to have made Colo an even better player.

more to the point is the fact that colo is captain has suddenly corresponded with giving us the most organised defence that we have had since time began,..my opinion is that Colo is now the marshall of staylor raylor and simmo,..whereas before him being given the captaincy, they were fcukin ALL having their mouths in and a law unto themselves,..now Colos word is gospel,.."get in a fuckin line..NOW,..i`m the fuckin boss!!!"

Its working,..keep it up curly,..oooooo-eeeeer
5th November 2011 08:31 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th November 2011 08:31 PM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(5th November 2011 07:32 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

3rd

more to the point is the fact that colo is captain has suddenly corresponded with giving us the most organised defence that we have had since time began,..my opinion is that Colo is now the marshall of staylor raylor and simmo,..whereas before him being given the captaincy, they were fcukin ALL having their mouths in and a law unto themselves,..now Colos word is gospel,.."get in a fuckin line..NOW,..i`m the fuckin boss!!!"

he's up there with Nobby as one of our best foreign signings.

One thing...he was actually bought when Dennis Wise and Tony Jiminez were our talent spotters...so do they get credit?
5th November 2011 08:36 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Collo is one of my favourite players and is one of our 3 best performers so far this season.
5th November 2011 08:48 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

ofcourse they do flamey,....was he £10m ??..turned out to be good busines
5th November 2011 08:48 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(5th November 2011 08:31 PM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

3rd

Spot on, he commands respect, and they all know it, and respond accordingly.
5th November 2011 08:54 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Best defender I've seen at the toon.
5th November 2011 09:16 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(5th November 2011 09:16 PM)Ryton Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Best defender I've seen at the toon.

Best 3 I have seen are Roeder, Woodgate and Colo.

As well as being good defenders they all looked relaxed on the ball and brought a calmness to the defence.

I really think Colo is the best. We are very lucky to have some of the players we do have right now. Argentinian and French internationals! Jesus - the days of Billy Whitehurst and Bobby Shinton seem a very very long time ago.
5th November 2011 09:24 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I'd probs go along with that, I was going to say Albert but he wasn't really a defender to be honest as half the time he was attacking.

The thing that I like most about collo is he can put a pass in, bit like Bobby moore, he doesn't just hoof it he plays the ball out of defence most of the time.
5th November 2011 09:29 PM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Calm and always see's the pass and i agree he' the best i have ever seen in 23 years of going to the matches.
5th November 2011 11:40 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Carney
5th November 2011 11:44 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

NEWCASTLE United have offered Fabricio Coloccini a mega-money FIVE-YEAR deal to keep him at St James’ Park for the rest of his career.
The 29-year-old United skipper has impressed Newcastle chiefs so much that they are prepared to keep him on until his mid-30s – a sign of his “special” role in the current set-up.
The Sunday Sun can reveal the offer is made up of four years at wages just above his current rate of around £55,000-per- week with an optional final year on slightly reduced terms.
If he inks the contract he would be 35 when any new deal ran out.
Coloccini is keen to stay and is currently weighing up the deal – although United know there will be interest from Spain in the Argentina stopper.
Liverpool were linked with a move last week but are not currently contemplating a January swoop for the star.
Newcastle would like the deal to be concluded as swiftly as possible but there is none of the rancour that sabotaged Joey Barton’s contract negotiations last January.

Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias were both out of the country last week but will be hoping to move the situation forward when they return.
6th November 2011 10:12 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(6th November 2011 10:12 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.NEWCASTLE United have offered Fabricio Coloccini a mega-money FIVE-YEAR deal to keep him at St James’ Park for the rest of his career.
The 29-year-old United skipper has impressed Newcastle chiefs so much that they are prepared to keep him on until his mid-30s – a sign of his “special” role in the current set-up.
The Sunday Sun can reveal the offer is made up of four years at wages just above his current rate of around £55,000-per- week with an optional final year on slightly reduced terms.
If he inks the contract he would be 35 when any new deal ran out.
Coloccini is keen to stay and is currently weighing up the deal – although United know there will be interest from Spain in the Argentina stopper.
Liverpool were linked with a move last week but are not currently contemplating a January swoop for the star.
Newcastle would like the deal to be concluded as swiftly as possible but there is none of the rancour that sabotaged Joey Barton’s contract negotiations last January.

Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias were both out of the country last week but will be hoping to move the situation forward when they return.

No one can claim that the club are not playing their part in keeping him.
6th November 2011 10:17 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Aye, canny deal like. £13m over 5years..
6th November 2011 10:20 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

If thats really the deal on the table he should sign it no bother.
6th November 2011 10:23 AM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Wages just above his current rate?
Thought he was in £80k a week?
6th November 2011 10:23 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

five fuckin years???

he`s gonna be on his sticks by then
6th November 2011 10:26 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

There are always contradicting reports on Colo's wages.

I thought they were £80k like.
6th November 2011 10:27 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

Shows how much the press know
6th November 2011 10:28 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

i had guti and colo on the same...£70k
6th November 2011 10:31 AM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

Twenty-five posts about how bloody brilliant Colocinni is, and not ONE mention of his utterly wonderful hair? good grief, lads, where are your priorities?
With that barnet he should be being signed up for a ten year deal. (Though, one suspects, the magnificent mane might be thinning somewhat by the end of his term.....)
6th November 2011 10:44 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(6th November 2011 10:44 AM)Stoner Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Twenty-five posts about how bloody brilliant Colocinni is, and not ONE mention of his utterly wonderful hair? good grief, lads, where are your priorities?
With that barnet he should be being signed up for a ten year deal. (Though, one suspects, the magnificent mane might be thinning somewhat by the end of his term.....)

well he needs something to deflect attention from his stupendous nose.
6th November 2011 11:35 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(6th November 2011 10:44 AM)Stoner Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Twenty-five posts about how bloody brilliant Colocinni is, and not ONE mention of his utterly wonderful hair? good grief, lads, where are your priorities?

There is much to recommend a decent hairstyle, sadly not appreciated by some of the follically challenged posters on here No
6th November 2011 11:53 AM
steadyboopbop Offline

Reserve Team

colo easily the best toon defender of all time followed by woodgate , albert then the one and only brian kilkline who keegan states is one of his most important signings ever ...
6th November 2011 01:53 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(6th November 2011 01:53 PM)steadyboopbop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.colo easily the best toon defender of all time followed by woodgate , albert then the one and only brian kilkline who keegan states is one of his most important signings ever ...

All time? I reckon those that watched Scoular, Brennan, Harvey and then Moncur would have something to say about that. And they lifted trophies.
6th November 2011 02:08 PM

Thread Closed