Redknapp at it again

Thread Closed 
Redknapp at it again

omenator Offline

Owner
Redknapp at it again

Harry Redknapp has admitted his interest in Newcastle striker Demba Ba, while suggesting that Tottenham will swoop for Gary Cahill if the defender’s move to Chelsea breaks down.

Speaking at this morning's press conference, the Spurs boss responded to the latest transfer rumours.

And Redknapp concedes that Ba, who has scored 15 goals for the Magpies so far this season, will have plenty of suitors in this months window.

"Demba Ba's done great hasnt he, everybody's looking at him suddenly," said the manager. "Anybody could have had him a year ago. Full credit to Alan Pardew, he took him.

"He's done a fantastic job what a strike-rate he's got. He's probably the most in-form striker anywhere at the moment.

"They say there's a release clause in his contract that's what we all hear. He's certainly done well and it will be interesting to see what happens there, but at the moment he's doing great things for Newcastle.

"He's off to play in the African Cup of Nations now [for Senegal], so he's going to be away for a month or so so thats a difficult one.

"At the moment Newcastle have got him and Im sure Alan wants to keep him. He'd be disappointed if he had to lose him. He would be difficult to replace."
6th January 2012 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Redknapp at it again

Nowt like causing trouble! Fuck off knob head, go and have a heart attack!
6th January 2012 03:12 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

(6th January 2012 03:12 PM)Swyer87 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Nowt like causing trouble! Fuck off knob head, go and have a heart attack!

Leave OM alone man
6th January 2012 03:22 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Big Grin
6th January 2012 03:24 PM
mcshaniac09 Offline

Youth Team

What an utter cunt.

Redknapp not OM!
6th January 2012 03:25 PM
something_witty Offline

Reserve Team

Can someone please outline to me what exactly constitutes tapping up?

Cos Harrys always talking about players... ALWAYS... but the last thing I heard him say about one of his own was when he said his wife could have scored a goal that Darren Bent missed
6th January 2012 03:25 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

(6th January 2012 03:25 PM)something_witty Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Can someone please outline to me what exactly constitutes tapping up?

Cos Harrys always talking about players... ALWAYS... but the last thing I heard him say about one of his own was when he said his wife could have scored a goal that Darren Bent missed

Spot on witty, yet i have heard him have the nerve to say it is not right to talk about other clubs players - he is a fucking joke!
6th January 2012 03:33 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Its all over Twitter that Super Demba has a £7mil release clause in his contract.

What a fucking nightmare if its true. We can but hope he is loving it that much that he would rather stay put for now, and give him a deal in the meantime without such a fucking silly loop hole.

Surely having signed Cabaye in similar circumstances, our lot should know that its a crazy thing to agree to!?!!??!??!?!

I never allow it on Footy Manager Wink
6th January 2012 03:44 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

bit worrying if he does have a release clause though, if a club offeres the amount we have to accept it!
6th January 2012 03:45 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Cabaye has got one too? How much is his?

If a player requests a release clause in his contract surely this signals they wont be very loyal!
6th January 2012 03:56 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Cabaye had one in Lille he means.
I'd say it's bullshit. If he had a release clause loads of clubs would of bidded by now.
Spurs included.
6th January 2012 04:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Just seen it on SSN, was actually the reporter who mentioned the release clause, in the clip it showed anyway.

Redknapp was talking about Ba before it was mentioned like.
(This post was last modified: 6th January 2012 04:35 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
6th January 2012 04:19 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

To be fair if he does have one maybe it was only way he would sign
for us, who knows?

Probably bullshit from the Cockney loving media anyway and when I say Cockney I mean Manure & Spuds
6th January 2012 05:16 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

He's still a risk for teams, (apparently) dodgy knee that wouldn't pass too many clubs medicals and he's off to Africa now. I'm confident
6th January 2012 05:24 PM
Exiled Mag Offline

Reserve Team

As much as I don't like the fat shopkeeper, I would be fucking stunned if he allowed such a poor release clause. He got his fingers burned when he bought the club and has played hard ball ever since....
6th January 2012 05:28 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

Candle head can fuck off.
6th January 2012 05:39 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

God I hate candle face! I wish he would melt away!
6th January 2012 07:15 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Depends on the terms of the buy out. That Swansea full back we tried to get had a £1 million buy out, but it turned out that that just triggered a bidding process, maybe we've learned from that for Ba?
6th January 2012 07:19 PM
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

a buy out clause means that if offered the p0layer could speak to the club and if he left would mean he wanted to go.
if a player wants to leave id rather they did. had too many players who dont want to be here.
dont get me wrong i think ba is magnificent and upon return should be handed the number 9 shirt.
6th January 2012 07:33 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

(6th January 2012 07:19 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Depends on the terms of the buy out. That Swansea full back we tried to get had a £1 million buy out, but it turned out that that just triggered a bidding process, maybe we've learned from that for Ba?

Surely to Fatty selling him for 7mil when he signed him for nowt is good business?
6th January 2012 08:00 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(6th January 2012 08:00 PM)Swyer87 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(6th January 2012 07:19 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Depends on the terms of the buy out. That Swansea full back we tried to get had a £1 million buy out, but it turned out that that just triggered a bidding process, maybe we've learned from that for Ba?

Surely to Fatty selling him for 7mil when he signed him for nowt is good business?

Not when he could get double that with no clause. The fact is, players have the whip hand now, they can dictate everything. I would like to think that we'll do what we've done with quite a few recent new deals (Shola,Tiote, Ranger, Guti, Krul etc etc) , and just announce he's signed a new contract. Probably with large bonus for taking out the clause.
6th January 2012 08:24 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Unfortunately I'm not so sure if Ba continues his form till end of the season i see no reason why manure chelski, arsenal and probably foreign clubs wont be sniffing round him!
6th January 2012 08:27 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(6th January 2012 08:27 PM)Swyer87 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Unfortunately I'm not so sure if Ba continues his form till end of the season i see no reason why manure chelski, arsenal and probably foreign clubs wont be sniffing round him!

After the medical carry on at Stoke, they probably think a free punt was worth it, but upwards of 7 mil if an auction develops will see them away.
6th January 2012 08:28 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

the buy out clause is when Ba buys his children back from Ashley

providing theyve made enough footballs for Sports Direct
6th January 2012 09:57 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(6th January 2012 09:57 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.the buy out clause is when Ba buys his children back from Ashley

providing theyve made enough footballs for Sports Direct

Hahahaha

Big Grin
6th January 2012 10:46 PM

Thread Closed