England or Newcastle

Thread Closed 
England or Newcastle

JTH Offline

First Team Starter
England or Newcastle

For me there is only one team that I support, do I want England to do well personally I couldnt care less.

I only support the one football team that means anything to me and the happen to play at St James park ( no not Exeter).

So do you support newcastle or newcastle and England
9th February 2012 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
RE: England or Newcastle

I posted this on the Mike Ashley thread.

(9th February 2012 11:57 AM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I haven't cheered an England goal properly with the same passion that I cheer a Newcastle goal, since Beckham's freekick against Greece. He deserved that for his excellent performance and the timing of it all just made it a goal that I'll never forget.

But since then I've never felt the same.

I'd love to love England, but for some reason I can't get excited about it.

I still watch the matches, but hardly jump for joy if we score...and I'm not bothered at all when we lose.

Maybe with the right manager, and the right players and the right performances, I'll start bothering again.

I do consider myself an England fan, I always watch the matches and get excited for the World Cup/Euros but all the excitement generally fades during the matches...

Hopefully the next manager can make things exciting again.
9th February 2012 03:24 PM
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

Ill always support england just as i will always support nufc.
dont need to choose one from the other
9th February 2012 03:25 PM
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

Ill always support england just as i will always support nufc.
dont need to choose one from the other
9th February 2012 03:25 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Well it doesnt have to be all on one and none on the other.

I tend to watch England qualifiers / tournaments and ignore their friendlies. I dont get overly excited (like Rich said in tuther thread) when England score or win generally, and a lot of the fans piss me off as well as harboring a general dislike for some of the players. However, that being said, I do get into the tournaments and am genuinely disappointed when we get beat and are dumped out. I will talk about England and whinge at the repeated pitfalls that we fall into etc etc.

I dont see how a football fan, can not care at all about their home nations exploits in international tournaments?????

NUFC is different though, it dominates day to day feelings and interests and so it will always be regarded by me as the more important of the two.
9th February 2012 03:27 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

The only times I ever really get into England games is when I'm abroad, and there's that feeling that "yes, they're shit, but they're our shit."

With regard to watching them back home, I think someone on here put it best when they said that if Newcastle lose it can ruin the entire weekend, but if England lose it barely ruins that pint.
9th February 2012 03:27 PM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter

well said fop re them being our shite !!!

I am just ambivalent about England, in retrospect think I may go an live in Lanzarote with that BNP lass
(9th February 2012 03:27 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Well it doesnt have to be all on one and none on the other.

I tend to watch England qualifiers / tournaments and ignore their friendlies. I dont get overly excited (like Rich said in tuther thread) when England score or win generally, and a lot of the fans piss me off as well as harboring a general dislike for some of the players. However, that being said, I do get into the tournaments and am genuinely disappointed when we get beat and are dumped out. I will talk about England and whinge at the repeated pitfalls that we fall into etc etc.

I dont see how a football fan, can not care at all about their home nations exploits in international tournaments?????

NUFC is different though, it dominates day to day feelings and interests and so it will always be regarded by me as the more important of the two.

i am a football fan but the England thingy ma bob just leaves well erm it just leaves me ... will I watch it ( are the kennedys gun shy) of course I will , any chance of excitement not a hope in hell
(This post was last modified: 9th February 2012 03:36 PM by JTH.)
9th February 2012 03:34 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(9th February 2012 03:27 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Well it doesnt have to be all on one and none on the other.

Agreed Sal, it shouldn't be one or the other.

It should be both.

(9th February 2012 03:34 PM)JTH Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I may go an live in Lanzarote with that BNP lass

Big Grin
9th February 2012 03:38 PM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

if newcastle concede a throw in i'm almost suicidal. if england lost the world cup final i'd think "oh well". i'd like to see england do well but if they don't i couldn;t give a toss for these reasons

1.not to knock out of town newcastle fans but for me i feel newcastle united represent me, my family, the people i know, my upbringing etc. having moved around the country a fair bit there are a lot of places and people in england that i really struggle to have an affinity with so supporting england passionately would always feel weird. i feel like i have a great deal in common with the people of the north east as that's who i am. i can't really get my head around the idea that when england play i'm supposed to bond with every other twat that has happened to have been born on this island.

2. i hate most england fans. they are without question the worst, most fickle and arrogant type of fan in the world. booing the team during the first half when it's nil nil, the constant racism, smashing up european cafes being seen as a necessity to away trips, the way bobby robson was treated, those fans that actually spat on kevin keegan, the list goes on

3. england fans again; the fact the the real "die-hard" engguuurrrland fans use the national game as their big moment (usually to carry out the afore mentioned cafe smashing) because they actually support shrewsbury. or swindon. or another team that does not bring them the sort of exciting thrill that the premier league does. that is no comment on supporting lower league teams, i just find it pathetic the way that some fans use england matches as their cup final (which actually shows a lack of passion in their own team)

4. i find it a very peculiar idea that one weekend i'll be sat at st james' booing ashley cole until my throat hurts and then the next week i'm supposed to be cheering him on until...err..my throat hurts. i realise this throws up the question of what would happen if newcastle bought him but so fuck

bit rambling there, sorry got carried away. not sure the number system was necessary
9th February 2012 04:08 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

nufc only for me, wouldn't say i'm anti-england football but i have no feelings either way to be honest, feels like they are a foreign team.
9th February 2012 04:17 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

I support both and want both to do well but if NUFC finishing top 4 this season meant England lost all 3 group games in the euros i wouldnt have a problem with this!

I know totally unrelated but i did say if Smile
9th February 2012 04:25 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm not really into rugby at all but I get much more 'up for' and excited by watching England Rugby team than I do the football team

weird
9th February 2012 04:26 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

I want both to do well.
9th February 2012 04:51 PM
mondatoo Offline

Youth Team

I support both, but Newcastle winning the League cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>England winning the World Cup ainec.
9th February 2012 04:52 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I support both, although never really bother with friendlies for either of them, apart from that, I want to win every game.
National team are like us, everything in place to be successful, but always letting you down. England supporters can be pricks at major tournaments, or to be more precise - English people who claim to be supporters, but the hard core lot are no different to club supporters, just want the best for their team.
I get wound up for major tournaments, but ultimately a defeat for the Toon hurts more than a defeat for the national team.
9th February 2012 06:31 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(9th February 2012 04:26 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm not really into rugby at all but I get much more 'up for' and excited by watching England Rugby team than I do the football team

weird

same, hence why i went to the Scotland England game on Saturday, wouldn't dream of going to an England football game.
9th February 2012 06:57 PM
something_witty Offline

Reserve Team

I went to an England game at Wembley a few years back. Was awful, no atmosphere and full of cock-er-nees talking like fucking spackers. Couldn't stand it. Speaks volumes when you have to employ a band to try and make an atmosphere at a football match
9th February 2012 07:13 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

I'd definitely pick Newcastle over England.
9th February 2012 07:14 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

newcastle 1st anf formost i used to be big on the england thing ive been to a few games but it meant more to me when we had players in the team and the last few years have pissed me right off
9th February 2012 07:38 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

newcastle 1st anf formost i used to be big on the england thing ive been to a few games but it meant more to me when we had players in the team and the last few years have pissed me right off
9th February 2012 07:38 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Both.

Newcastle is my club.

England is my country.

I want both teams to do equally as well, no partisan here in these shoes.
(9th February 2012 04:08 PM)amble_ball Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.2. i hate most england fans. they are without question the worst, most fickle and arrogant type of fan in the world. booing the team during the first half when it's nil nil, the constant racism, smashing up european cafes being seen as a necessity to away trips, the way bobby robson was treated, those fans that actually spat on kevin keegan, the list goes on

3. england fans again; the fact the the real "die-hard" engguuurrrland fans use the national game as their big moment (usually to carry out the afore mentioned cafe smashing) because they actually support shrewsbury. or swindon.

Not the England fans I have been to games with mate. I think you are pushing up the stereotypical English fan here tbh.
(This post was last modified: 9th February 2012 09:16 PM by NE1.)
9th February 2012 09:14 PM
andy1305 Offline

Youth Team

I have not watched a England game since 1998 when Owen scored against argies like. Toon every time for me can't understand the hype every time we go into a major tournament just to be shot down and brought back down to earth. Never gonna win a major tournament we ain't good enough.
9th February 2012 09:52 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

as long as England is tied so closely to London and the southern media and The fucking Sun and "JT" and a bunch of parasite non-football fans who crawl out of the woodwork during a tournament I find it a struggle to feel affection for England. The main problem is that I spend most of the year loathing their players.

When England played round the country I actually felt more affinity - but this whole Wembley thing full of weirdos with Southern team flags Ive hardly heard of turns me off. I have to admit I laugh when we concede a goal cos I love seeing "JT" and "Stevie G" and "Wazza" look like the overhyped bell ends they are.

Still watch the tournaments etc and want us to get as far as possible, but...

tell you what though - I really miss the Home Internationals. They were great.
9th February 2012 10:08 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

the thing is we will all be out watching it and really getting behind them when it comes to match days

and when we win and cars are driving by flying the flags we will all give them the thumbs up

SBR nearly did it, so nearly with a team of English players playing the continental system. it was so close.

Ignore who are the players they change, ive probably seem hundreds of them, represent me, and fail.

i dont have the same passion for England as i do for NUFC, but i do want them to do well.

until at least the quater finals
9th February 2012 10:34 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(9th February 2012 10:34 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.the thing is we will all be out watching it and really getting behind them when it comes to match days

and when we win and cars are driving by flying the flags we will all give them the thumbs up

SBR nearly did it, so nearly with a team of English players playing the continental system. it was so close.

Ignore who are the players they change, ive probably seem hundreds of them, represent me, and fail.

i dont have the same passion for England as i do for NUFC, but i do want them to do well.

until at least the quater finals

oh I always get into the tournaments and that - but if I am being honest a lot of my attitude comes from the players they have. When the likes of Gazza, Big Al, Rob Lee, Beardsley etc played for England I got more out of it. But the whole Beckham-Sven-Golden Generation thing just got me pissed off over the years.
9th February 2012 10:40 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

funnily i rate Beckham as one of the few who have recently done well for England

The likes of Lampard Ferdinand and Terry are deluded if they think they are anywhere near international class
9th February 2012 10:57 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(9th February 2012 10:57 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.funnily i rate Beckham as one of the few who have recently done well for England

The likes of Lampard Ferdinand and Terry are deluded if they think they are anywhere near international class

as a player I always liked him but the hype got on me tits. And his self-publicity is nauseating.
9th February 2012 11:20 PM

Thread Closed