HBA Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ba Cisse

That looks good to me.
13th February 2012 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Team for Wolves

That is our best team and hopefully we will field it more often than not for the rest of the season.

Aside from HBA, the rest of the spots are pretty much nailed down.
13th February 2012 11:07 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

I think HBA should play in these sort of home games, if he isn't going to play even in these games, then what is he at the club for? Can't see him being here next season if he isn't getting games.
13th February 2012 11:11 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(13th February 2012 11:11 AM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think HBA should play in these sort of home games, if he isn't going to play even in these games, then what is he at the club for? Can't see him being here next season if he isn't getting games.

Agree entirely.

Wolves are poor and have just taken a hiding from Brom - If we arent setting up to allow someone like HBA to just go at them then he might as well be sold.
13th February 2012 11:14 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Mind you, i am assuming Raylor will still be injured, be harsh on him to be dropped after his performances this season.
13th February 2012 11:19 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Well there is HBA, Raylor or Obertan to take that position and to be honest I dont really mind which he picks.

I would like it to be HBA just because he is the exciting one but I guess if he doesnt fancy him (not in a gay way) then fair enough.
13th February 2012 11:23 AM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

If Raylor is fit i would play him on the right and HBA on the left, Guti has been poor recently and needs a kick up the arse, other than that the team looks pretty good!
13th February 2012 12:15 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Krul

Simpson Willo Colo Santon

Raylor Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ba Cisse

I'm still not sure about Ben Arfa...he's better in the centre, despite the two goals from out wide...but he can't get in ahead of Ba and Cisse.

So do we play him in the wide areas, where he is uncomfortable and Pardew is reluctant to play him anyway?

I see him as more of a backup to Ba and Cisse.

Lose one of them and we bring in HBA and 4-5-1.
13th February 2012 12:49 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Krul

Raylor Willo Collo Santon

HBA Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ba Cisse.

If we had a decent backup I'd drop Jonas, he was our worst player against spurs.
13th February 2012 06:12 PM
Pablo Offline

First Team Starter

I agree IM

Krul

Simmo Collo Willo Santono

Raylor Tiote Cabaye HBA

Cisse Ba

Kind of a free role for Ben Arfa though, I dont think he suits either wing really. I think it might do Guti good to sit out a few games at the minute
13th February 2012 09:13 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I'd go for the line up, but go a bit more 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa with a liscence to roam behind the two Dembas.

When you have players like him, as Colin Wanker had with Taarbat, managers seem to think they're a problem. Well make them a problem for the opposition then.

Wolves just got bum raped by West Brom for fucks sake. Our position, and performances suggest that this season we're due to give someone a right good fucking hiding.
13th February 2012 09:20 PM
davidturner151

Unregistered

(13th February 2012 09:20 PM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'd go for the line up, but go a bit more 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa with a liscence to roam behind the two Dembas.

When you have players like him, as Colin Wanker had with Taarbat, managers seem to think they're a problem. Well make them a problem for the opposition then.

Wolves just got bum raped by West Brom for fucks sake. Our position, and performances suggest that this season we're due to give someone a right good fucking hiding.

I agree. Atleast give that sort of system a go for 45 mins, if that doesnt work go back to 4-4-2 and take HBA off for Raylor or Obertan.
13th February 2012 09:43 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(13th February 2012 09:20 PM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'd go for the line up, but go a bit more 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa with a liscence to roam behind the two Dembas.

4-3-3 could work, against a team like Wolves at SJP anyway. It wouldn't work at Spurs for example.

But yeah, this is the sort of game we should look to experiment with that sort of formation and give HBA a chance to show what he can do with two top strikers ahead of him.

I don't think we should be building the team around him though, and usually two wingers and two strikers would be my preferred formation, but Guti looks in need of a rest and Raylor is capable of moving into a 4-3-3.
(This post was last modified: 14th February 2012 09:38 AM by richyNUFC.)
14th February 2012 09:37 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(14th February 2012 09:37 AM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

4-3-3 could work, against a team like Wolves at SJP anyway. It wouldn't work at Spurs for example.

But yeah, this is the sort of game we should look to experiment with that sort of formation and give HBA a chance to show what he can do with two top strikers ahead of him.

I don't think we should be building the team around him though, and usually two wingers and two strikers would be my preferred formation, but Guti looks in need of a rest and Raylor is capable of moving into a 4-3-3.

SDA
14th February 2012 09:43 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Devils advocate

Krul

Santon Willy Colo Ferguson

just reckon the defence is needing a change.

I;m happy with the rest, think Guti needs a rest he looks exhausted.
14th February 2012 09:43 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

They are all getting a 2 week rest.

Krul

Simpson
Williamson
Coloccini
Santon

Tiote
Cabaye
Jonas / Guthrie

HBA

Cisse
Ba

Could well work. It would be worth a try in the game coming up but I suspect Pardew will go with the tried and tested 4 4 2 with Raylor on the right.
14th February 2012 09:46 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(14th February 2012 09:43 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.SDA

How dare you.
14th February 2012 09:50 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

I still reckon that defence is being found out Sal, either by poor form, slow players or just need a shake up.
14th February 2012 09:50 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(14th February 2012 09:46 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.They are all getting a 2 week rest.

Ah I forgot about that. Bollocks. Boring weekend ahead. Sad

4-4-2 it is then.
14th February 2012 09:51 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(14th February 2012 09:50 AM)Vic Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I still reckon that defence is being found out Sal, either by poor form, slow players or just need a shake up.

Me too mate, we are conceding far far too many chances of late but sadly we dont really have much of a choice.

Aside from putting Raylor in for either Santon or Simpson we have no other options - I dont think Ferguson should be thrown in the mixer.
14th February 2012 09:52 AM

Thread Closed