Perspective

Thread Closed 
Perspective

LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Perspective

What's more important?

A few tacky signs on a ground all of us and genuine footy fans will still call St. James' Park, except the Murdoch Muppets on SSN of course.

Or.....

A resurgent NUFC in all the important areas, on the pitch and the league table and financially.

Much better than the Shepherd led one way ticket to oblivion train we were previously riding.
What has happened to Glasgow Rangers should be a warning to all clubs how the crazy financial model of football clubs just isn't sustainable.

I'm more than happy with sensible budget and transfer planning, good scouting, investment in youth, ticket incentives to ST holders, etc.

Long may it continue.
(This post was last modified: 16th February 2012 11:29 PM by LeazesLoyal.)
16th February 2012 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Perspective

The big area they still need to work on is communication. Would like to see a new chairman or representative brought in with better PR skills. A lot of what they have done makes a lot of sense, but I wish they were honest and up front. That interview they did in the Chronicle is a start but I would like to see more of it. At the very least they should get someone on the board who can do their PR for them. Moncur seems to get on well with them and think he would be good at that sort of thing.
(This post was last modified: 16th February 2012 11:54 PM by Demba Ba Humbug.)
16th February 2012 11:52 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Purely as PR, if not unneccessary financially, the re-naming was crass at best, but the fact is, for the time being it's happened. If we start to slide, all of that will rebound on him. For the moment, just keep winning.

*Thinks gloomily about blank w/e because we lost in the Cup* Sad
17th February 2012 11:46 AM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

they can call it what they like within reason

but as a mark of genuine respect to the fans and people of the area them signs should have been left up its not like the tv cameras can see them

the blokes just a grade a cunt imo but theres fuck all can be done until the day comes when he sells up
17th February 2012 12:53 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

they can call it what they like within reason

but as a mark of genuine respect to the fans and people of the area them signs should have been left up its not like the tv cameras can see them

the blokes just a grade a cunt imo but theres fuck all can be done until the day comes when he sells up
17th February 2012 12:53 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

As long as the team perform the ownership can do whatever they like for most fans. That's the way it works.

When Newcastle were top 4 I don't recall moaning about Shepherd. Now I wouldn't piss on the cunt if he was on fire. C'est la vie.
17th February 2012 06:15 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

they didnt change then name of the ground tho
17th February 2012 06:53 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

they didnt change then name of the ground tho
17th February 2012 06:53 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Well, apart from the Gallowgate End, Leazes End, Poplar and the Centre Paddock that is Smile
17th February 2012 07:35 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

not quite the same bet i get your point
not quite the same bet i get your point
(This post was last modified: 17th February 2012 07:37 PM by The Lowther.)
17th February 2012 07:37 PM
wibble999 Offline

Reserve Team

it seems a bit of a pisstake to say they are showcasing the name change to attract other sponsers when they know most fans are against it as its bad publicity-they say it could generate £10mill a season so are they paying the club that,? they are either lying and have no intention of changing it from sda or they have say virgin lined up as a buyer and branson insisted that they change the name first so when he takes over and calls it the virgin arena it isnt him and the virgin brand that gets all the bad publicity
...........flicks balls
(This post was last modified: 18th February 2012 01:26 AM by wibble999.)
18th February 2012 12:58 AM

Thread Closed