Llambias

Thread Closed 
Llambias

viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
Llambias

How much does be know about football?

Read quotes from him about how big our squad should be and what bench we should have. Surely he's not in a position to decide these matters.

Obviously financially he knows what we can afford, or so he should.

But surely squad size and talent is outside his remit, only if it became a financial issue. He should keep team affairs to Pardew and Carver et al.
13th March 2012 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Llambias

Definitely!
13th March 2012 02:16 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm sure when you work in an environment for 3 or 4 years you pick bits and bobs up, especially when it's your living.

I know someone who has worked for Sage for a couple of years, he knew nothing about computer software before he joined - now he can send me to sleep talking about all of the different things they offer.

He'll probably know more than you give them credit for.
13th March 2012 02:31 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(13th March 2012 02:31 PM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm sure when you work in an environment for 3 or 4 years you pick bits and bobs up, especially when it's your living.

I know someone who has worked for Sage for a couple of years, he knew nothing about computer software before he joined - now he can send me to sleep talking about all of the different things they offer.

He'll probably know more than you give them credit for.

I doubt it. When he talked about a smaller bench but with more quality, he was talking poo-poo. With a permitted squad of 24, the majority must be 1st team quality starters, not 'plan c' for a last 5 minute dash to salvage a point.
13th March 2012 02:45 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He is saying we could ditch Lovenkrands, Smith, Ranger, Gosling and a few of the waifs and strays in the reserves and rep[lace them with 3 good players and be a better squad for it.

He is absolutely right.
13th March 2012 02:47 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

I've always been sceptical of anything he's ever said.
Smaller squad, and we are challenging for Europe?
That's just crazy. Our squad is small and we are in 1 competition.
We may be playing in 4 competitions next season.
So you do the maths.
13th March 2012 02:50 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

I would imagine Pardew and the coaching staff have given him some advice
13th March 2012 03:30 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

The proof is always in the pudding so we will see what they do.

I am pretty confident that we will kick off next season with a better squad than we finish this one with, though we will have to get over the sale of Tiote.

As for trimming the squad, it is an absolute undoubted fact that had we tore up Ranger & Smith's contracts at any point this season we would have been no worse off for doing it. So on that basis, he is right.
13th March 2012 03:57 PM
mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

well maybe v we should stop telling him how to run a football club if he's not allowed to tell us about squad size's ect

juts saying like
13th March 2012 04:01 PM
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team

Lets just wait and see. No point guessing what this board will do. Will judge our transfer business on September 1st.
13th March 2012 04:17 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Just because the bloke iis a loathsome horrible cunt, doesn't mean he hasn't got a point.

I don't see the need to gripe about a comment that makes sense. There's no sense in having a massive bench filled with absolute dogshit.

I'd rather have players on the bench that could come on and make a difference, different types of player at that, instead of a large grey pool of mediocre nobodies who all do the same thing with the same level of incompetence.

But while we're wishing, I'd also like to see Llambias anally raped by a combine harvester.
(This post was last modified: 13th March 2012 07:15 PM by countofbiarritz.)
13th March 2012 07:15 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

There's just something about llambias that makes him instantly hatable. The man could give you the news that youve won the lottery but you'd still just want to punch him in the face as hard as you can.

Just saying like.
13th March 2012 07:20 PM
Tiger Balm Offline

Youth Team

"Just because the bloke iis a loathsome horrible cunt, doesn't mean he hasn't got a point."

This is always the problem they will have. No matter what good they do or how good their strategy is they can never be taken serious because of some of the feckless decisions they have made to date. The irony is, for whatever real reason, Hall and Shepherd never really got tarnished with their antics.
13th March 2012 07:38 PM
Tiger Balm Offline

Youth Team

"Just because the bloke iis a loathsome horrible cunt, doesn't mean he hasn't got a point."

This is always the problem they will have. No matter what good they do or how good their strategy is they can never be taken serious because of some of the feckless decisions they have made to date. The irony is, for whatever real reason, Hall and Shepherd never really got tarnished with their antics.
13th March 2012 07:38 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

If I was Ashley I would be telling Lambias to keep his mouth shut at all times, the man is a walking PR disaster even if he does have a point. There's way too much gone on in the past so anything he says is tainted therefore dekka, STFU and leave the PR to pardew and Carver.
13th March 2012 07:43 PM
mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

(13th March 2012 07:20 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.There's just something about llambias that makes him instantly hatable. The man could give you the news that youve won the lottery but you'd still just want to punch him in the face as hard as you can.

Just saying like.

totally agree
13th March 2012 07:43 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(13th March 2012 02:47 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He is saying we could ditch Lovenkrands, Smith, Ranger, Gosling and a few of the waifs and strays in the reserves and rep[lace them with 3 good players and be a better squad for it.

He is absolutely right.

As long as we can keep them all fit, which is highly doubtful. Smith, Lovenkrands and probably Xisco will be gone, which will free up decent wages saved, and no reason we can't replace them with some 'Carr specials' for cut price. If Tiote goes that sticks another 20 mil in the pot. As V says, if we end up doing ok in only other comp as well as the league, what we have now isn't up to the mark. They mustn't also be seen as just bench warmers, but genuine competition for the established players.
13th March 2012 07:47 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

As long as we can keep them all fit, which is highly doubtful. Smith, Lovenkrands and probably Xisco will be gone, which will free up decent wages saved, and no reason we can't replace them with some 'Carr specials' for cut price. If Tiote goes that sticks another 20 mil in the pot. As V says, if we end up doing ok in only other comp as well as the league, what we have now isn't up to the mark. They mustn't also be seen as just bench warmers, but genuine competition for the established players.
[/quote]

Aye ven them free transfers aren't cheap yer knaa Wink
13th March 2012 07:51 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Spot on Ven.

The fear I have also is llambias getting too big for his boots, one 'decent' set of financial results and a good 30 game spell in the league and he's walking round Tyneside like he's Joe Buck, thinking he knows this old game called football.

The man who thought he knew better than Keegan.

A smaller squad still makes us susceptible to injuries. Doesn't matter how good the players are if they're injured they are injured. We need depth.
13th March 2012 07:59 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(13th March 2012 07:51 PM)Ryton Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.As long as we can keep them all fit, which is highly doubtful. Smith, Lovenkrands and probably Xisco will be gone, which will free up decent wages saved, and no reason we can't replace them with some 'Carr specials' for cut price. If Tiote goes that sticks another 20 mil in the pot. As V says, if we end up doing ok in only other comp as well as the league, what we have now isn't up to the mark. They mustn't also be seen as just bench warmers, but genuine competition for the established players.

Aye ven them free transfers aren't cheap yer knaa Wink
[/quote]

Never too old to learn eh?? Smile
(13th March 2012 07:43 PM)Ryton Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.If I was Ashley I would be telling Lambias to keep his mouth shut at all times, the man is a walking PR disaster even if he does have a point. There's way too much gone on in the past so anything he says is tainted therefore dekka, STFU and leave the PR to pardew and Carver.

Precisely.
(This post was last modified: 13th March 2012 08:02 PM by Venegoor.)
13th March 2012 08:01 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

(13th March 2012 07:59 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Spot on Ven.

The fear I have also is llambias getting too big for his boots, one 'decent' set of financial results and a good 30 game spell in the league and he's walking round Tyneside like he's Joe Buck, thinking he knows this old game called football.

The man who thought he knew better than Keegan.

A smaller squad still makes us susceptible to injuries. Doesn't matter how good the players are if they're injured they are injured. We need depth.

Especially when we take punts on crocks like Santon and Ba
13th March 2012 09:23 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Santon and Ba appear to be fitter than your average fiddle though.

Marveux on the other hand....
14th March 2012 08:45 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

We aren't in a position to have the kind of depth Man City have. We have to cut our cloth accordingly. Our incomes compared to some of the top dogs was barely a third of what they were bringing in.

As has been said, as honest and hard working as the likes of Lovenkrands and Smith are/were - I'd rather have one better player.

It's about quality, not quantity.

In a few years, we'll be far more comfortable with the investment in the youth team starting in the summer. Which will means that a CB grouping of Colo, Taylor, AN Other and Williamson will be covered by someone along the lines of Remie Streete who is highly thought of.

We can't have 6 Coloccini's. 1) it isn't affordable and 2) someone of his stature would not want to come in as cover.

As much of a PR disaster this reign has been - he does make a valid point.
14th March 2012 10:15 AM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

(13th March 2012 07:59 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Spot on Ven.

The man who thought he knew better than Keegan

That is a rich coming from any member on this board! We all think we know better than Pardew/Keegan/anyone in football really! We state it after every game in the posts we make and we have nothing to show we know better.

Opinions are what make football great!
14th March 2012 12:38 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

It's not just a 30 game good season though is it?

Since relegation we have been run ideally and made all the right moves on and off the pitch.
14th March 2012 12:54 PM

Thread Closed