Another Day

Thread Closed 
Another Day

Vic Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Another Day

Its just business isn't it? Buy for a pittance sell at a profit if you can. A bit like my local corner shop Indians I see buying coffee and milk at Aldi then selling at their store plus 200 percent. We cant expect Ashley to think any different.
22nd March 2012 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Can we all just wait and see! I seem to remember lots of people publicly stating the fear of selling people in January, yet it didnt happen and we splashed out cash!
22nd March 2012 09:31 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(22nd March 2012 09:31 AM)Swyer87 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Can we all just wait and see! I seem to remember lots of people publicly stating the fear of selling people in January, yet it didnt happen and we splashed out cash!

Thats the key, and has been said a lot ever since relegation and we have taken big strides from then on.
22nd March 2012 09:37 AM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

I think we should wait and see
22nd March 2012 09:34 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(22nd March 2012 09:13 AM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links."As Lip says, the same things were said about Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique yet we sit above all of them in the league with a better side than we had before."

This is the cockiness we have to be careful of though.
Of course its great to be above the dippers. But Surprisingly the only above player to effectively perform has been Enrique. And I for one certainly thought the other 3 had ALOT more to offer, but they didnt.
But the key is that 3/4 players we sold have been poor. And they wouldnt add anything to our team this season.
But Tiote almost certainly wont be poor if he's sold. He's consistently shown how good he is and isnt a player we can afford to lose.
When Nolan and Barton left we had many replacements lined up already within our squad. Tiote and Cabaye being the main 2. If Tiote leaves we are taking a risk on signing a new player etc, which is never good.

Well that I think is debatable v. His passing can be variable at times and his creativity can be minimal.

My point is he is not a match winner on his own. He is a team player. A very good one, but I personally think that a player with more creativity and perhaps less defensive capabilities would not be hard to find. I think this is why sometimes we struggle to hammer teams when it looks like we have control - a lot of the pressure is on Cabaye.

I can recall having similar discussions over Batty and I notice similar things are being said about Parker now.

Im not pretending Tiote is not a very good player at what he does - nor am I pretending that I am happy to see him leave. But what I am saying is that in a very good team with lots of creative players like Man City, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and to a lesser extent Chelsea, Tiote would slot right in and anchor the team. But in a team like ours when on occasion we look a little thud and blunder in the middle of the park in recent months, perhaps it is almost a luxury to have a player who 90% if the time is there to break up play and play a sideways ball of 5 yards.

Like I said, the comparisons with Batty are huge in my book and I can remember similar arguments about him.

Don't misinterpret what I am saying - I agree he is one of our most important players and I dont want him to go. But as pointed out above, we are not unfortunately in a position where the owners are prepared to turn down silly money (let's face it, only two clubs are - Ronaldo left Man U remember), where I think we differ in opinion is that I think a replacement for him would not be the Herculean task you think it is, as I think there are aspects to his game that are not genuine top drawer.
22nd March 2012 10:03 PM

Thread Closed