Not Happy

Thread Closed 
Not Happy

omenator

Unregistered

Not Happy

Just thought I'd give my thoughts on that "performance"

Starting off with Harper, there was a couple of times there was no communication with his defence. To the point where Colo and S.Taylor were looking at him for not shouting they had time, towards the end there was no urgency in his kicking, he took way too long to retart the game when the ball went behind

Jose - Possibly his worst game here in a long time, his decision making was awful. Prime example was that free kick on the right. Everyone is piled in and around the 6 yard box. We have 2 players unmarked on the edge of the box, why not roll it out to them to have a crack instead of rolling it into the wall?

They are just 2 players I have picked out, yes there was worse performances on the pitch and there were some better. I picked these two as it summed up why we didn't do the business tonight.

Onto the tactics. As soon as I heard about that Addison bloke coming back from injury without any training, I said we should be putting in through balls behind the 2 CB's for them to run onto. This would have caused them problems all game. As the game went on it was obvious the high balls from midfield would never get passed them, so I would love to know why they kept trying it time after time. Reckon this would have worked alot better with Lovenkrands pace instead of hoofing it up to Carroll for the flick on to no-one or a Derby player

There was no urgency in the 2nd half, compared to the 2nd half where we had them pinned back for periods of time. I would love to know what Hughton said to them at half-time but it didn't work one bit, if anything it made them perform alot worse

The changes that were made again baffled me. Well maybe not the Carroll for Shola one as I could see why you would want to players to run on the ball, but like I said shame the team didn't do that. However Pancrate for R.Taylor just didn't seem right for the match.

I would have brought off R.Taylor for Ranger, dropped Loverkrands to the left, moved Jonas over to the right, with Ranger and Shola upfront. There full backs weren't coping (as proved by the red card) and having 2 fast wingers running at them would have caused more problems and would have pulled out defenders for the midfield to exploit the spaces left behind.

In the last 30-20 mins I would have brought off Smith as I didn't see enough from him at all through that match to keep him on for the full 90. I would have brought on Guthrie in the middle with Nolan. So it would have allowed Nolan to get forward while keeping Guthrie back to make the passes to the wingers/Nolan/strikers

Just reckon playing it almost a 424 going forward and a 442 while defending would have been enough to get us a result against Derby.
28th December 2009 07:44 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Not Happy

Thats why hughton just a coach and a shite manager..

trust me couple more defeats starting our next game the fans will turn on him and ashley..
28th December 2009 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

Not Happy

Lucian Wrote:Thats why hughton just a coach and a shite manager..

trust me couple more defeats starting our next game the fans will turn on him and ashley..
Shhh, you can`t say that!Stir
28th December 2009 07:54 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Not Happy

Lmfao i seen it against Barnsley and teams know how to play against us now apart from boro who also are shite as well

trust me Notts forest are our biggest worry not West Brom..
28th December 2009 07:59 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Not Happy

A lot of our 1-0 wins have papered over some fairly deep cracks.

If Nolan gets injured, the only player who looks capable of scoring regularly, we'll be fucked.
28th December 2009 08:03 PM

Thread Closed