Our defence

Thread Closed 
Our defence

The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Our defence

Well. S Taylor out. Then Colo.

W and P seem to be cruising at the moment.

who'd have thunk it?
6th April 2012 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
carters Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Our defence

(6th April 2012 10:25 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Well. S Taylor out. Then Colo.

W and P seem to be cruising at the moment.

who'd have thunk it?

nobody flamin' ...!!
6th April 2012 10:29 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

aye credit to Willo and Perch, they have done brillaintly in the last two games.

Story of our season really, we've had injuries and we've thought the players coming in wouldn't be up to it (well i did with Perch), but they keep proving us wrong, long may it continue.
ryan taylor at left back aswell.
(This post was last modified: 6th April 2012 10:33 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
6th April 2012 10:32 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

I think one thing this highlights - the man managment skills of Pardew must be pretty good. And lets not forger John Carver's role in this too. I'm sure its no accident he was behind our last period of success under Robson.
6th April 2012 10:35 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

We've looked a tad ropey at times, but considering many of the changes we had to make, it's a testament to the team spirit that we've hung in to were we are. We had our best spell in the first 11 games when we had the best defence in England, hopefully we can pick it up again.
6th April 2012 10:46 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Imagine how many times in the past we could have done with a decent defence? Yet this season we have looked brilliant at the back at times. Just shows its not always about personnel too.

Got to say though - having a keeper who can genuinely command the area must have helped. King Krul.
6th April 2012 10:56 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(6th April 2012 10:56 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Imagine how many times in the past we could have done with a decent defence? Yet this season we have looked brilliant at the back at times. Just shows its not always about personnel too.

Got to say though - having a keeper who can genuinely command the area must have helped. King Krul.

A good point, Given was probably the best shot stopper i've seen up here, but never convinced outside the 6 yard box. Krul seems confident in the whole area largely. I also liked the way he fronted Van Persie up as well Smile
6th April 2012 11:09 PM
merlin Offline

Youth Team

(6th April 2012 10:35 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think one thing this highlights - the man managment skills of Pardew must be pretty good. And lets not forger John Carver's role in this too. I'm sure its no accident he was behind our last period of success under Robson.

Agree with both these comments, Lip - Pardew obviously has the dressing room on his side and seems able to make silk purses from sow's ears...dare I say it, but only Brian Clough and KK(to a lesser extent) have possessed this strength to a large degree.
Carver was, in my view, an inspired choice as Coach - local lad, served under SBR, knows the club and fans backwards and has real talent. We have the makings of a really good set-up with these guys but despite that, Williamson has too many shortcomings to be a top PL defender for me.

You can only do so much with limited talent and cream always rises to the top.
Full credit to the defence of late - 10/10 for commitment and organisation, but only 4/10 for passing ability and panicking under pressure.

We need to keep the ball better at the back.
7th April 2012 03:22 AM

Thread Closed