I hate stats like these

Thread Closed 
I hate stats like these

Pablo Offline

First Team Starter
I hate stats like these

"It's 617 minutes since Wednesday last found the net, early in a 2-1 home defeat by QPR early in November. Since then they've played six games without finding the net. "

It defies logic too. Surely it is better to play a team that hasnt scored since the Ark than one thats banging goals in for fun.

My reasoning though is that its such an unusually long period of time to go without scoring that it must end soon. That of course and its all part of being a toon fan - how many times have you heard of an opposition player that 'hasnt scored for years' knocking one in our onion bag?

Of course them scoring against the tightest defence in the league may well be inevitable but even if they do we could still beat them.

Im feeling a little 'glass half empty' today
21st December 2009 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

I hate stats like these

well fill it up .,its xmas you miserable twat Big Grin

Boxing day results are always a bit strange, and i`m not building my hopes up, it depends which set of players have been the most professioanl and kept off the drink the day before, our lads could be forgiven for having a few sherrys like,...last boxing day at wigan was a fuckin day to forget with enrique injured in tthe warm up beye ending up in hospital and bassong being sent off ,..surely to god this one can`t be as bad as that FFS Eek
21st December 2009 07:15 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
I hate stats like these

If Hughton's smart we'll lose this one and the next one, with a lot of players picking up unspecified month long injuries. Force the great turd's hand into a few more players, be they loans or whatever, then miraculously back to form and fitness once the squad looks a bit fuller.

We've got the points cushion to take the hit for a couple of games, and even if we don't win a game all january the rest of this league is so toss that we could walk it from down where the smogs are if need be.
22nd December 2009 09:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

I hate stats like these

Workshy Fop Wrote:If Hughton's smart we'll lose this one and the next one, .....

....and the next one, and the next one. Big Grin

Its just as easy to fall into the habit of losing as it is to expect to win every game Wink
22nd December 2009 09:48 AM

Thread Closed