First Team Starter
Mick McCarthy

Dont say cock richy may get turned on Wink
20th December 2009 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Sal exactly m8 what a cock he made of himself while getting interviewed.
20th December 2009 07:43 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Mick McCarthy

rotti Wrote:Sal exactly m8 what a cock he made of himself while getting interviewed.

i havent seen that yet,.. but he certainly looked like a cock the other night when explaining why he changed all the outfield players for the manure match, he loved all the attention that his "controversial" decision had brought him,..but they won today so his decision to rest those players has been justified really,......the cock Big Grin
20th December 2009 07:55 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

I cant understand why, not one interviewer has asked him...

'Will you be fielding the same 11 against Arsenal and Chelsea, as the 11 who played at Old Trafford..??
20th December 2009 07:56 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Well the nob is now asking why folks arent making a big deal of him making 10 changes since the Old Trafford game, implying that no one cares as they have won.

He has apparently been 'proved right' in fielding a second string for a league game.

If I were a player / fan of the club I would have been pissed right off that he wasnt even interested in getting a result, especially with ManYoos injury crisis at the moment.

Proved right for beating Burnley at home?? Why the fuck has he been proved right??

Proppa cock.
20th December 2009 08:01 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

IF I were the chairman of either, Chelsea or Arsenal, I would insist, via The Premiership Board that Wolves play the same 11 against my team, that Manure played, otherwise it's like fucking match fixing....
20th December 2009 08:15 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Mick McCarthy

end of the day he's the main boss he can do what he likes people kick off he is putting out 10 new players against manusa he can do what he likes if he stays in the prem the fans would be happy if he doesnt he will get the sack.
20th December 2009 08:17 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Mick McCarthy

yeah but manure did the exact same thing against hull in the last game last season,..fuck all was done about that either
20th December 2009 08:17 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Mick McCarthy

thats the prem he trying to keep players for important games aka they won today so it worked..
20th December 2009 08:23 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

I would be well miffed if it were us.

The whole point of football is playing at the highest level you can get to, not just throwing the towel in because you dont think you can win.
20th December 2009 08:26 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Mick McCarthy

Sal Wrote:I would be well miffed if it were us.

The whole point of football is playing at the highest level you can get to, not just throwing the towel in because you dont think you can win.

damn good point..spot on
20th December 2009 08:36 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Mick McCarthy

But he knows he hasnt got a team to play compete in the prem but he knows if he rotates he got a better chance to stay in it and he proven right today............
20th December 2009 09:06 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Burnley have an appaling away record, and wolves were way ahead of them last season too, they should be looking to win that game regardless.

Their fans paid more than £40 for their tickets, bad crack.
20th December 2009 09:10 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Mick McCarthy

If they stay up it'll be well forgotten.
20th December 2009 09:11 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Mick McCarthy

Agree m8.......
20th December 2009 09:12 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Id like to see all the teams that came up stay up but i can see 2 of them going straight back down.
20th December 2009 11:22 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

He has a SQUAD of players. If he wants to change them about then let him fucking do it.

It's a squad game, and if resting half his squad helps his club win three points in a following game then that's good management, they were never going to beat Man United anyway...

No fucker complains when Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal rest their top players in the league matches, because they've got more important matches in the Champions League.

For example...the mighty Hull beat Arsenal at the Emirates, Arsenal fielded a slightly weaker side* in preparation for their Champions' League game with Porto...had they fielded their full side and beaten Hull, we'd have stayed up.

That's not an excuse. We deserved to go down. Shit happens. And if Chelsea lose the league by two points to Man United, who really gives a fuck?

*may not be true...couldn't be arsed to find a report, but I reckon a few of the kids would have played?
21st December 2009 04:49 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Mick McCarthy

Got to agree with Richy - to complain that a manager is fielding a "weaker" team is to denigrate the remainder of that club's squad. There's no reason to suppose that the team Wolves fielded against Man U couldn't have performed just as well as their supposed first choice would have.

I would have struggled to name a definitive first eleven for us last season - too many of our supposed big names weren't doing the business, so I would have traded them for hungrier youth lads who did fancy a crack. To outside eyes it would have looked like fielding a weaker team.
21st December 2009 05:01 PM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Mick McCarthy

so have i.
21st December 2009 05:02 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

He rested his first team basically because he thought there was no point in having a go at ManYoo because they played a piss poor Burnley side 5 days later at home!!!

Thats far from the same as Arse resting some players in preparation for a CL game 2 or 3 days later.

I just think it stinks, yes its a squad game, he is the manager, yes he can do what he wants. However it it were NUFC next season, and I hauled my sorry arse down to Old Trafford and saw 10 of the previous first 11 (won at Spurs) 'rested' I would be trashed.
21st December 2009 06:56 PM
Pablo Offline

First Team Starter
Mick McCarthy

Im with Sal. It shows disrespect to the fans who cough up their hard earned at the end of the day. They should be represented by the strongest possible eleven every time they play. I fucking hate this 'resting' players shite anyway, the lazy overpayed twats only play twice a week anyway.
21st December 2009 07:06 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Mick McCarthy

What about the '1st' team who where rested? I'll bet the first fixture most of them looked for on being promoted was Man ure away, then they find out they're not playing! Surely the whole idea of being a pro footballer is playing against the best? McCarthy may as well have told Taggart that they where forfeiting the game, and just let them have the 3 points.
21st December 2009 09:50 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mick McCarthy

It all boils down to that shite league they play in .........far too much at stake if you fail
21st December 2009 09:53 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Mick McCarthy

McCreery Wrote:It all boils down to that shite league they play in .........far too much at stake if you fail

Sadly true. Fine line between being realistic and cowardice. Bottom line is though, there a band of clubs who look on the Prem as a cash raising vehicle, knowing they haven't a prayer of staying up. West Brom must be minted to the eyeballs, 30 odd mil on promotion, spend fuck all, get relegated, pocket another 11 mil get promoted etc etc. For once I feel for the players, a once in a lifetime chance to play in the biggest shop window in the Prem, and they're dropped for a week!
They never had a better chance of getting a result. Maybe they where tired, but i'll bet they'd have found the adrenalin to put a decent show on, might even have knicked a point which could prove vital.
21st December 2009 10:09 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mick McCarthy

agreed Ven but I reckon even the players would prefer premier league wages...erm..I mean status rather than play Man U if you asked them
21st December 2009 10:12 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Mick McCarthy

McCreery Wrote:agreed Ven but I reckon even the players would prefer premier league wages...erm..I mean status rather than play Man U if you asked them

Yet another sign of the times Sad
21st December 2009 10:14 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mick McCarthy

Sky fuckin cunts
21st December 2009 10:15 PM

Thread Closed