Mick McCarthy

Thread Closed 
Mick McCarthy

rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Quote:yeah but manure did the exact same thing against hull in the last game last season,..fuck all was done about that either

Exactly and even though at the time i thought he should be hammered by the F.A. when you think about it he did the correct thing. No way would his team have beat Manure away so whats the point in risking your better players for future matches.

He is still a cock though when you see him getting interviewed.
21st December 2009 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Sal Wrote:Cock.

find it hilarious the stick he's getting. So Man U play weakened team v Hull last season???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

oops didn't see the other threads

still...........
22nd December 2009 12:48 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Sal Wrote:He rested his first team basically because he thought there was no point in having a go at ManYoo because they played a piss poor Burnley side 5 days later at home!!!

Thats far from the same as Arse resting some players in preparation for a CL game 2 or 3 days later.

No it's not.
22nd December 2009 02:14 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Mick McCarthy

Well spotted Rich. You tell him champ.
22nd December 2009 02:16 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Just don't see why the "big" clubs are allowed to rest players but not the smaller clubs.
22nd December 2009 02:18 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

richyNUFC Wrote:Just don't see why the "big" clubs are allowed to rest players but not the smaller clubs.

Of course they are allowed to - He did!!!

I am saying if it were us, I would be well pissed off. His motives for resting the players was because there is no point in going for anything at Old Trafford, that to me is bad crack!!!

All of the above is completely unrelated to him being a cock mind - He just is a cock.
22nd December 2009 02:25 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Sal Wrote:Of course they are allowed to - He did!!!

I am saying if it were us, I would be well pissed off. His motives for resting the players was because there is no point in going for anything at Old Trafford, that to me is bad crack!!!

All of the above is completely unrelated to him being a cock mind - He just is a cock.

Sorry - I'll rephrase that then. The "big four" - no, even the likes of Fulham cause they're in Europe - are able to play weakened sides without anybody questioning them. As soon as a smaller club does it, they get criticised.

Wolves reserves were playing well against Man U until a stupid handball gave them a penalty and pretty much ended the game. He didn't "throw" the game, it was still 11 against 11. How come people could expect Wolves' first team to cause an upset, yet their reserves are incapable of causing an upset? The game was still a game they could have won.

I'm quite sure Wolves fans would be quite pissed off if they went to Old Trafford with their first team, lost the match and picked up 2 or 3 injuries and that led them to defeat against Burnley. At least they had a full squad for the "6-pointer" with Burnley. And they won it.
22nd December 2009 02:31 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

richyNUFC Wrote:I'm quite sure Wolves fans would be quite pissed off if they went to Old Trafford with their first team, lost the match and picked up 2 or 3 injuries and that led them to defeat against Burnley. At least they had a full squad for the "6-pointer" with Burnley. And they won it.

Fair play they did win at home against Burnley, I can appreciate that. But I could never accept turning out a weakened side on that basis. There is still more than half a season to go, so the argument of 'if they picked up 2 or 3 injuries' doesnt really go for me.

It smacks of defeatism, and for that, as a fan, I would be gutted if it were us.

He is also a cock.
22nd December 2009 03:23 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Sal Wrote:Fair play they did win at home against Burnley, I can appreciate that. But I could never accept turning out a weakened side on that basis. There is still more than half a season to go, so the argument of 'if they picked up 2 or 3 injuries' doesnt really go for me.

It smacks of defeatism, and for that, as a fan, I would be gutted if it were us.

He is also a cock.

As a Newcastle United fan, yes, I would be mortified if my team threw in the towel before a ball was kicked. But this is a small club like Wolves we are talking about here - the Burnley victory totally vindicated McCarthy.

It is not his fault the league is so ridiculously financed that fear of relegation is the prime motivation for 60 % of clubs.

I would say that a recent Newcastle United manager has been hounded out of the club for playing shite sides with overtly negative tactics. Fuck off Allardyce and all his apologists in the media.
22nd December 2009 07:37 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Mick McCarthy

Sal Wrote:Fair play they did win at home against Burnley, I can appreciate that. But I could never accept turning out a weakened side on that basis. There is still more than half a season to go, so the argument of 'if they picked up 2 or 3 injuries' doesnt really go for me.

He is also a cock.

Teams do it all the time. The big four are constantly changing their side, but they get away with it because their squad is better, so doesn't look so weak. What gives them the right to chop and change but not Wolves?

We did it in the league cup - ok, it's not quite the same as a Premier League game, but we rested players and "threw away" the chance to win.
23rd December 2009 10:43 AM

Thread Closed