boro fans Collocini is rubbish

Thread Closed 

Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

byrno Posted on 20/12/2009 14:43
Collocini is rubbish
Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

but we've made him look amazing.

Big Grin
20th December 2009 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
nunthorpe mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Big Grin FMTTM are not to keen on Brad Jones eitherBig Grin
20th December 2009 03:26 PM
omenator

Unregistered

Jones was shocking today, should have been putting the ball on his head all match, would have been a higher scoring match than 2-0 if we had done
20th December 2009 03:39 PM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

omenator Wrote:Jones was shocking today, should have been putting the ball on his head all match, would have been a higher scoring match than 2-0 if we had done
Agree 100%. Even though we weren`t that Hot today he was tha bad we could`ve truely murdered them. He could not wait to get off that Pitch. He`s a nervous wreck. Could`ve been a real hammering if we had a real go.
20th December 2009 03:42 PM
omenator

Unregistered

yeah Jason was saying right through the match every dead ball should have dropped on the keeper with the likes of tayls and colo challenging him, he would have fumbled the majority of them for the front 2 to put away, as Guthrie crosses/free kicks/corners were spot on he would have found the right place everytime
20th December 2009 03:47 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Smith went off so i hope he's ok for boxing day not saying jinx butt had a crap game but we need players for boxing day..

If shola got ice on ankle we can recall carrol with Goomba....
20th December 2009 03:55 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Colo man of the match by a country fucking mile today. He gets better and better. No idea if he be able to transfer this to the Prem, but I don't really care right now, as I get as much enjoyment of his stylish mastery at the back as I do watching our forward play.

His cool way of playing the ball out of tricky situations is not to everyone's tastes as it could be deemed risky, but if you compare this to the usual method of simply hoofing it which invariably comes straight back at you I think his silky passing is worth the risk.

And his hair and big nose makes me laugh.

[Image: hair-bear4.jpg]
20th December 2009 04:20 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Colo and Guthrie were our best players today. Another good win!
20th December 2009 04:22 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

was impressed with guthrie i must say,..i said he was shite earlier on but boy did he prove me wrong, that cross for sholas goal was fuckin outstanding, and he had another cross from nearer the by-line which was begging to be put away, best game i have seen from him in a black and white shirt,.... he did get a great cross in for carroll to score away at blackpool when he managed to get to the by-line and cut it back into the six-yard box,.. but has excelled himself today,..my MOTM,...well done lad Smile
20th December 2009 04:30 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

14andout Wrote:Colo and Guthrie were our best players today. Another good win!

indifferent first half, but we bossed the second and they crumbled. Could have been 3 or 4 at the finish.

Really good second goal as well. Just shows if the crosses are put in right our strikers can finish. Well done Guthrie and Shola.

ps. I was worried when Smudger went off, but Butt did well. In fact some of his cross field passes and tackling was the best I've seen him since his Man U days. He's not to everyone's taste but it's good to have players who can step in when our first team regulars are out.
(This post was last modified: 20th December 2009 04:34 PM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
20th December 2009 04:31 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

but he carnt do it every game he's finished i hope they play guthrie and nolan in the middle on boxing day over butt..
20th December 2009 04:48 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:but he carnt do it every game he's finished i hope they play guthrie and nolan in the middle on boxing day over butt..

oh I totally agree, but there aren't many teams in this division who can call a former England international and Man U player from the bench. He did all that was asked from him today - broke up play and instigated attacks. He lacks the legs of Smith and his passing can be a bit dodgy, but I thought he did well today.
20th December 2009 05:02 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Glad to see someone agrees with me!

"Coloccini Gives World Class Display As Toon Stuff Smogs!

By Nu Mad Sunday, 20th December 2009

Fabricio Coloccini is at last showing us why he is a £10m defender, and his display on Sunday against the Smogs shows how he could be a star of the World Cup in the summer. "

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
20th December 2009 05:27 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Butt is fucking shite nomatter what anyone says.
20th December 2009 05:31 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Glad to see someone agrees with me!

"Coloccini Gives World Class Display As Toon Stuff Smogs!

By Nu Mad Sunday, 20th December 2009

Fabricio Coloccini is at last showing us why he is a £10m defender, and his display on Sunday against the Smogs shows how he could be a star of the World Cup in the summer. "

"£10m defender",...a lot of money for a championship defender though,Eek..if he is here next season and comes up aginst the drogbas, rooneys, van persies and anelkas, we will all see once again that he is well out of his depth against the premiership elite Wink
20th December 2009 05:32 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Brassneck Wrote:"£10m defender",...a lot of money for a championship defender though,Eek..if he is here next season and comes up aginst the drogbas, rooneys, van persies and anelkas, we will all see once again that he is well out of his depth against the premiership elite Wink

oh ye of little faith.

tell you what - he'll play a stormer in the WC and some big Italian or Spanish club will bid £15m and Ashley will snap there hands off - so we will never know if you're right!

And even if he does stay, how many times will he face "drogbas, rooneys, van persies and anelkas". The greatest defenders in the world would sturggle against those players. Nana
20th December 2009 05:35 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

But the "drogbas, rooneys, van persies and anelkas of the world doing nowt ask the team like burnley brummy bastards bolton fulham stoke all have results against them..
20th December 2009 05:40 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:oh ye of little faith.

tell you what - he'll play a stormer in the WC and some big Italian or Spanish club will bid £15m and Ashley will snap there hands off - so we will never know if you're right!

And even if he does stay, how many times will he face "drogbas, rooneys, van persies and anelkas". The greatest defenders in the world would sturggle against those players. Nana

but surely when you pay that kind of money for a CB the least expected is that he is capable of competing with the best strikers in the world,..colo was raped by drogba and co. and it was frightening, he copes really well in this league, but lordy, i worry about him next season if we are promoted,..you watch in the world cup if he comes up against the spanish with torres and villa, or the dutch with van-persie and kuyt, the guy will crumble, just not good enough, not strong enough
20th December 2009 05:45 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

I think he will be strong enough its all called getting used to english football aka prem and championship it will make him a better player cause he knows what its like now..
20th December 2009 05:49 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Said time and time again - Coloccini is not the shithead people have made him out to be.

He had a mare last season, but so did every other fucking player we had.

Didnt stop ManYoo taking Owen, or Oba Martins going to play CL football etc.

Maybe it was just a baptism of fire that he will come through, or maybe Colo isnt up to the PL. I for one am happy to hang my hat on him being a good player, either at NUFC or elsewhere next season.

Within 3 games of Colo's debut there was chaos at SJP and it was relentless throughout the season.
20th December 2009 06:33 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

aye...we've got a knack of making certain defenders look shit

Boumsong wan't the plank Taylor made him out to be either
20th December 2009 06:41 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

is fansonline down or summit?

as soon as i logged in the message board vanished.
20th December 2009 06:56 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Im banned from there i think.
20th December 2009 07:05 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

I'm still banned aswell.

Coloccini has been awesome this season.

Having said that, as Shearer pointed out, we don't concede goals but we do concede chances, but this division is so poor that we get let off time and time again...

Yes, a lot of players have improved, but the drop in division has played a massive part in making them look a lot better, and a lot of the players were rightly criticised last season (they got us fucking relegated!)...no matter how many people reckon they were "right all along" about giving these players time...

Not complaining though, enjoying the football at the minute, couldn't give a fuck what league it is, we're top of it!

Guthrie had a good game on the wing for a change, can see he wants to play in the middle cause he keeps drifting inside, but when he stays down the wing he can deliver, so he has to stay out wide more often.

All is good though, 3 more points on boxing day hopefully.
21st December 2009 04:35 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Guthrie is hopeless on the wing. For one, he never stands out there he always drifts inside.

However, when he did get to the byline he put in a brilliant cross. He's wasted out wide.
22nd December 2009 09:54 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

If he's told to play on the wing he has to stay on the wing.
22nd December 2009 12:30 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I know, but he doesn't. It's probably just habit as a central midfielder to get dragged inside. The only realy attacking outlet we have is on the left. There was nothing on the right hand side for 89 and a half minutes.
22nd December 2009 01:09 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

And in that half a minute we scored. Where as 90 minutes of attacking outlet on the left wing produced how many goals?
22nd December 2009 01:14 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Fair point. But it's not just baout providing goals. With Jonas and Jose on the wing, it relieves the pressure somewhat on the back four with their hold up play and running to the opposition byline.
22nd December 2009 05:10 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Jonas put a couple of good balls in on Sunday too mind, as did Jose, although his first attemp almost hit the away fans!!!
22nd December 2009 07:23 PM

Thread Closed