Pardew on Carroll

Thread Closed 
Pardew on Carroll

omenator Offline

Owner
Pardew on Carroll

@JacquiOatley
I've just asked Alan Pardew whether Andy Carroll would sign this week "No I don't think so. We might try to bring in a younger player" #NUFC
25th August 2012 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Pardew on Carroll

Not another younger player...

21ish would be a good age for a striker we need.
25th August 2012 09:43 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

We need another striker. Cisse not looked on his game yet. Him and Ba need competition or they will moan they are not being stretched or some such bollocks anyway.

Carroll or any good striker would do. If we are to have ambition we need another striker.
25th August 2012 10:13 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(25th August 2012 10:13 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We need another striker. Cisse not looked on his game yet. Him and Ba need competition or they will moan they are not being stretched or some such bollocks anyway.

Carroll or any good striker would do. If we are to have ambition we need another striker.

May one suggest Jordan Rhodes the goal machine from Huddersfield as a 4 or 5 mil punt?
25th August 2012 10:25 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I think we are just a tad short of top 4. A striker and a CB who can play/hold their own in the PL now is whats needed for us to progress. Pardew has put together a very good side, he just needs another 2 players and we'd be more or less there IMHO.
25th August 2012 10:32 PM
davidturner151

Unregistered

i highly doubt pardew would tell his transfer plans to a random women. whether she is a journo or just a average joan he wouldnt just give away the clubs plans in this day and age where he would know it would be on twitter in minutes.
26th August 2012 06:31 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(25th August 2012 10:25 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.May one suggest Jordan Rhodes the goal machine from Huddersfield as a 4 or 5 mil punt?

Didnt they value him at £15m Ven, which has kept the wolves away from the door.
26th August 2012 08:59 PM
bignes Offline

Youth Team

Maybe they fancy Jordan Ayew for 4.5m euros and see it as a better deal for the squad

Still need CB, RB and ST

Or is Ashley gambling again and seeing if we can get em cheaper in January
26th August 2012 10:03 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

thing is - big money signings can be a risk. Look at Carroll at Liverpool. Bought for such a high fee that he now more or less trapped there. Same with a lot of Man City and Chelsea signings. Are big money signings worth all the effort? I can only think of one that has really worked for NUFC. Most of our best signings have been more under the radar efforts.

Of course we will only compete with the real big boys when we can afford the big money signs - but thats the point. You have to be able to write off any signing you make.
26th August 2012 10:09 PM
andy1305 Offline

Youth Team

Rhodes has been valued at around £8 mil and that is abit too much me thinks for someone unproven any higher than league 1 level. Didn't them across the road pay around that for Conor Wickham ???
27th August 2012 09:47 PM

Thread Closed