Owner
RE: The return of Owen...

If that is true then Ashley and Llambias really are taking the piss
1st September 2012 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

I'll be very surprised if this is true, 99% sure it won't ever happen.
1st September 2012 02:59 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

If it was on a pay as you play deal . . . . . . maybe. I can't stand the lad but on a short term deal he might be alright.

I can't see there being any truth to it at all and it's certainly not a deal I'd be excited about but I suppose stranger things have happened.
1st September 2012 03:03 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

I think we are short in the striking department. It could turn out to be a decent move. He can be an impact sub as he proved at Man U.

I've never bought into this hatefest against him, if I am being honest. I'd have him on the books if the deal was right.
1st September 2012 03:07 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

he can go and fuck right off the little cunt..
1st September 2012 03:12 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 03:12 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.he can go and fuck right off the little cunt..

hee hee hee. I had a feeling youd think that.

Can you explain why you have these opinions on him?
1st September 2012 03:18 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I can see all the potential positives about a pay as you play deal.

But no amount of practicality is going to shift that he really is an unbearable cunt.
1st September 2012 04:00 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

Would his presence in the squad pissing off carters make him more bearable?
1st September 2012 04:56 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 04:00 PM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I can see all the potential positives about a pay as you play deal.

But no amount of practicality is going to shift that he really is an unbearable cunt.

oh he's a little tart and I would imagine spending more than 3 minutes in his company would start me self-harming out of pure boredom and/or loathing.

But hey, football is not a personality contest - thank goodness - and I do believe he is still capable of turning a game with a decent finish. He'll end up somewhere that is for sure, and if given a run out will score the odd important goal. Might as well be us as anyone else.
1st September 2012 05:09 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

I think he'll be more of a liability than an asset. He's lost his pace and his first touch has always been woeful unless he's running onto a moving ball with pace. Which he hasn't got any more.
1st September 2012 05:14 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 05:14 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think he'll be more of a liability than an asset. He's lost his pace and his first touch has always been woeful unless he's running onto a moving ball with pace. Which he hasn't got any more.

oh I dont know

1st September 2012 05:21 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

(1st September 2012 04:56 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Would his presence in the squad pissing off carters make him more bearable?

We don't need him in the squad for that. The fact the sun rises in the East seems sufficient.
1st September 2012 05:25 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I think the reaction against him when he returned for manure, will knock any deal on the head. There isn't a cat in hells chance of him coming back here.
1st September 2012 05:59 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I'd be very surprised if he came back here.
1st September 2012 06:05 PM
steadyboopbop Offline

Reserve Team

(1st September 2012 03:18 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st September 2012 03:12 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.he can go and fuck right off the little cunt..

i think carters is thinking along the lines of when little micky was injured (again) and he came out with something like he needed to get fit too play for england (not the toon , who where spunking huge amounts of money on him)
just a hunch like ........my personal opinion is i hate the little greedy bastard i hope all his horses get foot and mouth ..
1st September 2012 06:43 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Ha Ha Ha.

What a fucking rumour this one is. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Kudos to the person who started it.
1st September 2012 06:43 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 06:43 PM)steadyboopbop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.......my personal opinion is i hate the little greedy bastard i hope all his horses get foot and mouth ..
Horses can't get Foot & Mouth. Only cloven hoofed animals can.
Sorry to be a pedant, but I am and I can't help it!
1st September 2012 07:23 PM
steadyboopbop Offline

Reserve Team

(1st September 2012 07:23 PM)Stoner Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st September 2012 06:43 PM)steadyboopbop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.......my personal opinion is i hate the little greedy bastard i hope all his horses get foot and mouth ..
Horses can't get Foot & Mouth. Only cloven hoofed animals can.
Sorry to be a pedant, but I am and I can't help it!

well i hope they all get sore throats and runny noses .....over too you stoner ...
1st September 2012 07:31 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 06:43 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ha Ha Ha.

What a fucking rumour this one is. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Kudos to the person who started it.

Steve Wraith's twitter

oh the irony Smile
1st September 2012 07:40 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(1st September 2012 06:43 PM)steadyboopbop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st September 2012 03:18 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

i think carters is thinking along the lines of when little micky was injured (again) and he came out with something like he needed to get fit too play for england (not the toon , who where spunking huge amounts of money on him)
just a hunch like ........my personal opinion is i hate the little greedy bastard i hope all his horses get foot and mouth ..

"Feel free to take your gissa job brochure, your helicopter, your equine fixation and your miserable face to anywhere daft enough to employ you. We’re already looking forward to your duet on the KC Stadium pitch with Phil Brown…

Don’t think that this criticism has anything to do with your fading talents as a footballer though – no, our beef with you remains the four years-worth of utter contempt shown to the people who bought the shirts, seats and subscriptions that funded your lavish lifestyle.

At least people like Joey Barton go through the motions of badge-kissing and patronising the punters. You couldn’t even be bothered to do that, spending your time on Tyneside with a face like a smacked arse, interspersed with brief interludes of sucking lemons.

Your skin may be thick but it’ll never be as thick as your wallet. Don’t feel bad about us though – we’d have only blown the tens of millions of pounds that went into your offshore accounts on other ungrateful pillocks.

No shame, no guts, no soul, but a bulging portfolio. Role model? my arse. You put the con in Icon"

that'll do for me steady..£110,000 a week and the cunt didnt give a fuck about anybody up here....maybe thats the same about most shitty footballers but at least they........well i've got no fucking answer and thats why i stopped going to football a few years back......they dont care about me so why should i give a fuck about them......

fuck off sports direct..
1st September 2012 11:34 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

Have you considered following some other sport, Carters? One which you might enjoy?

Perhaps badminton might be your thing?
2nd September 2012 07:40 AM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

I thought it was a decent rant to be fair!
2nd September 2012 08:10 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 11:34 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st September 2012 06:43 PM)steadyboopbop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

"Feel free to take your gissa job brochure, your helicopter, your equine fixation and your miserable face to anywhere daft enough to employ you. We’re already looking forward to your duet on the KC Stadium pitch with Phil Brown…

Don’t think that this criticism has anything to do with your fading talents as a footballer though – no, our beef with you remains the four years-worth of utter contempt shown to the people who bought the shirts, seats and subscriptions that funded your lavish lifestyle.

At least people like Joey Barton go through the motions of badge-kissing and patronising the punters. You couldn’t even be bothered to do that, spending your time on Tyneside with a face like a smacked arse, interspersed with brief interludes of sucking lemons.

Your skin may be thick but it’ll never be as thick as your wallet. Don’t feel bad about us though – we’d have only blown the tens of millions of pounds that went into your offshore accounts on other ungrateful pillocks.

No shame, no guts, no soul, but a bulging portfolio. Role model? my arse. You put the con in Icon"

that'll do for me steady..£110,000 a week and the cunt didnt give a fuck about anybody up here....maybe thats the same about most shitty footballers but at least they........well i've got no fucking answer and thats why i stopped going to football a few years back......they dont care about me so why should i give a fuck about them......

fuck off sports direct..

I may be wrong in this, it has been known to happen, but wasn't Owen brought in by Shepherd's lot in 2005 which Sports Direct had fuck all to do with?
2nd September 2012 08:12 AM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Aye I reckon that's right.
2nd September 2012 08:15 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(2nd September 2012 08:12 AM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st September 2012 11:34 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

fuck off sports direct..

I may be wrong in this, it has been known to happen, but wasn't Owen brought in by Shepherd's lot in 2005 which Sports Direct had fuck all to do with?

Shepherd's last great folly. The crown jewel of Shepherd's hubris. Giving Souness vast amounts. A descent into madness that the club still has not recovered from.

If Ashley wasnt having to use £130m to prop up the black hole Shepherd created just perhaps he could have used some of the cash on bigger transfers. Unfortunately we will probably never know - not for many seasons yet.
2nd September 2012 09:04 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Yup, I find it nauseating when we see the fat buffoon being the wise old sage when interviewed about Ashley, neatly side-stepping the maharajah's wealth he and his grasping family stuffed into their bank accounts, for no personal investment whatsoever.
2nd September 2012 09:08 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

fuck off sports direct..

so the reasons you dont want Owen at the club are because he didnt go through the juvenile pretence of pretending to "love the fans" (thank you Barton - good show) and that he has no shame (presumably for receiving the money Shepherd poured down his throat) and no "guts"? What does that last statement mean carters?

For my point of view my main disappointment with Owen was that he missed a few chances in the last season that would have eased relegation fears - but compared to the sitters that mirage of a centre forward Obafemi Martins missed it pails. And as for Mr Barton's contribution in our relegation season - well the least said about that the better.

cheer up carters mate - we might win this afternoon Smile
2nd September 2012 09:10 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

That piece was lifted from NUFC.com I think.
2nd September 2012 09:31 AM
davidturner151

Unregistered

Dont like the bloke but we need cover and he needs a club. pay as you play deal would be ideal.
2nd September 2012 12:23 PM

Thread Closed