Johnny Vaughan on 606

Thread Closed 
Johnny Vaughan on 606

The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
Johnny Vaughan on 606

On now. 100 times better than the usual boring twats they have on 5 live. Wish he was still on Fighting Talk.
1st September 2012 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user
alfienoakes Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Johnny Vaughan on 606

Always thought he was a cock
1st September 2012 06:07 PM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

Is that the fat guy or the annoying fecker that talks funny? (not funny haha, funny peculiar)
1st September 2012 06:36 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 06:07 PM)alfienoakes Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Always thought he was a cock

under normal circumstances. But compared to Radio 5s sports normal presenters? Colin Murray, Mark Pougatch, Danny Baker. I listen to these people but they are fucking awful if truth be told. The cult around Baker amazes me. What an arse. Vaughan is almost human compared to these people.
1st September 2012 06:41 PM
alfienoakes Offline

Reserve Team

Can't stand Colon Murray, the annoying toss is everywhere and can't speak properly.
1st September 2012 06:47 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Baker is pretty much the benchmark for radio phone-ins for me, his spat with Dominik Diamond a few years ago was superb. Vaughan is at least tolerable, but as for the rest on 5live, most are like commercial radio DJs, and sound exactly the same. Colin Murray, i'm with you all the way Lip, irritating beyond endurance, and seems to be on everything except the shipping forecast.
1st September 2012 06:50 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

Thing is it's as much the producers as the presenters to blame. The presenters are contracted to do a job. The producers put them on the programmes.
1st September 2012 06:59 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Steven Reid is the worst
(This post was last modified: 1st September 2012 09:46 PM by tino.)
1st September 2012 09:46 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

I had never heard him until last weeks podcast and I was thinking this fella loves the sound of his own voice!

Didn't like him at all.
1st September 2012 11:23 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

His dad Frankie invented mucky films though.

They're named after him anyway.
2nd September 2012 08:16 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(1st September 2012 06:50 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Baker is pretty much the benchmark for radio phone-ins for me, his spat with Dominik Diamond a few years ago was superb. Vaughan is at least tolerable, but as for the rest on 5live, most are like commercial radio DJs, and sound exactly the same. Colin Murray, i'm with you all the way Lip, irritating beyond endurance, and seems to be on everything except the shipping forecast.

yeah my mate loves Danny Baker. The appeal just passes me by. His ego and the fact that his Goon-lite humour just leaves me cold doesn't help.

As for Murray - the annoying thing with him is that when he stops trying to sound loud and brash he's ok. But its almost like a voice in his head says "act like a dick - the punters love it". I love Fighting Talk mind - but he hinders rather than helps the show.
2nd September 2012 08:59 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(2nd September 2012 08:59 AM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st September 2012 06:50 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Baker is pretty much the benchmark for radio phone-ins for me, his spat with Dominik Diamond a few years ago was superb. Vaughan is at least tolerable, but as for the rest on 5live, most are like commercial radio DJs, and sound exactly the same. Colin Murray, i'm with you all the way Lip, irritating beyond endurance, and seems to be on everything except the shipping forecast.

yeah my mate loves Danny Baker. The appeal just passes me by. His ego and the fact that his Goon-lite humour just leaves me cold doesn't help.

As for Murray - the annoying thing with him is that when he stops trying to sound loud and brash he's ok. But its almost like a voice in his head says "act like a dick - the punters love it". I love Fighting Talk mind - but he hinders rather than helps the show.

I don't know if it's the Beeb quota filling with the regions, but Murray, and Stephen Nolan late on don't appear to have any discernable talent apart from one saying everything is brilliant, and the other trying desperately to play the devil's advocate. Radio 5 used to be required listening for me, but most of the presenters appear to be media studies graduates, leaving the best of them all - Peter Allen - to carry the torch.
2nd September 2012 09:05 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(2nd September 2012 09:05 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(2nd September 2012 08:59 AM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I don't know if it's the Beeb quota filling with the regions, but Murray, and Stephen Nolan late on don't appear to have any discernable talent apart from one saying everything is brilliant, and the other trying desperately to play the devil's advocate. Radio 5 used to be required listening for me, but most of the presenters appear to be media studies graduates, leaving the best of them all - Peter Allen - to carry the torch.

oh god yes. My radio used to only be tuned to Radio 5. Peter Allen, Asmah Mir, Simon Mayo still good - but the sports side has gone a bit downhill. I have turned to the dark side of TalkShite a lot more - at least I know their presenters are berks but its all a bit less patronising.
2nd September 2012 09:14 AM

Thread Closed