EXCLUSIVE: Papiss Cisse - Newcastle fans will see best of me in 2013

Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

PAPISS CISSE today promised the Toon Army that 2013 will be the year that the Geordie fans see the very best of him in Newcastle United’s coveted number 9 shirt.

And with United supporters concerned over the potential exit of 13-goal top scorer Demba Ba, Cisse’s new year vow could hardly be better timed.

Read More Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
1st January 2013 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter
RE: EXCLUSIVE: Papiss Cisse - Newcastle fans will see best of me in 2013

Doesn't Shola make a similar vow every season?

If he's put back playing in the middle with Ba out wide, he should get back to the way he was last season. He's not as effective out wide and the two up top together doesn't work, they just get in each others way by always trying to take up the same position.
1st January 2013 10:35 AM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

WELL IN LAD. wish your strike partner had the same loyalty and commitment.
1st January 2013 10:51 AM
The Milkman Offline

Youth Team

Looking forward to seeing him back in the middle
1st January 2013 11:15 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I'll give Ashley his due; he doesn't seem to make the same mistakes twice. And with the Debuchy signing (I'm assuming its legit) hopefully will learn from both under investing in the first team squad, and even more so, never again to deal with a player who has more advisors than Clare Balding has hairs on her tits.

Not every deal that makes perfect economic sense makes for a perfect deal. Journeymen, no matter how good they are, should be avoided like crabs on a honeymoon if they come with a fucking entourage.

Pardew gave Cisse the number 9, now he needs to let him be that number 9. Goodbye Ba, thanks and all, hope it works out for you, but I want my number 9 in my team to hopefully add his name to a list of cherished folklore heroes. I want my number 9 in the team I love to wear that number and do it justice, and more to the point, wear it with joy and pride and to play with a smile on his face. The on field avatar of us lot in a way. The position we'd all cut a toe off for to be able to run out on the pitch for just one match.

Ba simply isn't that player. I respect his efforts but I have no affection towards him. He reminds me a little, relationship to fans wise, of Benito Carbone at Bradford years ago. Looking to the "star man" to dig you out of the shit every week and we've all got to be thankfull that he shows up at all.

It's no way to generate a decent team spirit, so thank you, goodbye, and I hope your ludicrous Hollywood fantasies are fulfilled by a bunch of narcissistic hyenas because as good at your job as you are, you'll never be held in genuine warmth.

And the reason for that is, I suspect, that at heart, deep down, you're a hollow cunt who lacks heart and character.
1st January 2013 12:21 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

That's a interesting take on Ba and our No 9's Count and I tend to agree( he did turn down the No 9 offer I think), but despite Ba scoring I haven't really developed a love for him like I did with McDonald/Shearer and others.

I get extremely excited when Cisse scores a goal completely unexpected, without the sock.

Even if Ba stays for the forseeable future I reckon the damage done between player and fans is un-fixable.
2nd January 2013 06:40 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

About time Ba came out and made a statement to the fans, but you know he won't!

I hope Cisse scores a boatload tonight!
2nd January 2013 01:56 PM