Knew it

Knew it

viana45 Offline

First Team Regular
Knew it

Ba responded superbly, but Cisse has struggled. The two Senegal teammates have never been close, but their relationship has been increasingly strained in recent months. There have even been accusations Ba would rather shoot from distance than pass to Cisse, even if he is in a far better position.
3rd January 2013 01:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
RE: Knew it

go on....
3rd January 2013 01:37 AM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

I figured out they didn't like each other, at the end of the season.

You only had to watch Ba's youtube video to realise this.
3rd January 2013 01:39 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Cisse seemed pretty happy after his goal yesterday like didn't he?
(This post was last modified: 3rd January 2013 01:41 AM by ToonArmy1892.)
3rd January 2013 01:40 AM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

Isn't that just a copy and paste job from a rag?
3rd January 2013 11:59 AM
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

I think the last 2 goal celebrations speak volumes. When Ba scored at Arsenal hardly anyone went to congratulate him. Last night when Cisse scored every outfield player mobbed him.
(This post was last modified: 3rd January 2013 03:06 PM by apb34.)
3rd January 2013 03:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tino Offline

First Team Regular

has anyone read the article in the telegraph? Ba was a gobshite
3rd January 2013 03:38 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I don't understand this one
3rd January 2013 03:50 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

For the past 12 months, Ba’s agents have been touting him around Europe trying to persuade someone to activate his release clause, improve his contract and pay them a nice chunk of cash to make the deal happen.

It has been a constant distraction and, as time wore on, also a source of resentment. Ba may have had his friends, and he was a dominant voice behind the scenes, particularly with the large French-speaking contingent on Tyneside, but ultimately his teammates knew he was in it for himself. Trust has been eroded, replaced by suspicion and bitterness.

Newcastle’s recovery from the disaster of relegation to the Championship in 2009 was built on unwavering team spirit, as was their ability to cope with the loss of Andy Carroll to Liverpool in 2010 and, even more recently, charge to that wonderful fifth-place finish in the Premier League last season.

I don’t think that same team spirit has been evident this season and Ba is at least partly responsible for that. No matter how many goals Ba scored, his teammates knew he did not really want to be there. Nothing is more divisive.
Fabricio Colocinni is a captain who leads by example rather than words and Ba has had too much to say behind the scenes. He may be a better player than Kevin Nolan, but he is nothing like Newcastle’s former sergeant major as a motivational, all-inclusive leader of men.

From the Telegraph article Shingles Posted the other day...
3rd January 2013 03:56 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

(3rd January 2013 03:38 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.has anyone read the article in the telegraph? Ba was a gobshite

Did you not see the interview?
He said it on sky when he joined.
He went to the club that offered him most ££.

Also does anyone remember his reaction to cisse v Swansea #2.
3rd January 2013 04:00 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(3rd January 2013 04:00 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Also does anyone remember his reaction to cisse v Swansea #2.

T'was a picture that told a thousand words like.
3rd January 2013 04:04 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

It really was though.
Ba looked fuming.
3rd January 2013 04:05 PM
davidturner151

Unregistered

Cant remember his reaction for the life of me now, anyone got the video?
3rd January 2013 04:18 PM
Quote this message in a reply
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

(3rd January 2013 04:04 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(3rd January 2013 04:00 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Also does anyone remember his reaction to cisse v Swansea #2.

T'was a picture that told a thousand words like.

Can someone post it?

I was out on the piss that day and missed it
3rd January 2013 04:26 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Newcastle United will be better off without Demba Ba, the ultimate football mercenary
It is an unusual, perhaps startling, thing to say about the departure of a player who has scored half of Newcastle United’s Premier League goals this season, but Alan Pardew’s side will be better off without Demba Ba.

Ba has been a wonderful signing for Newcastle in so many ways. He has had a phenomenal impact, scoring 29 goals in just 57 appearances since signing on a free transfer from West Ham, after they were forced to release him following their relegation in the summer of 2011.

The old knee injury which scuppered a £5.5m move to Stoke City two years ago – and which may yet derail his move to Chelsea – has never been a problem. He has not missed a game because of it.
To put Ba’s goalscoring prowess into some sort of context, in the time he has been plying his trade in English football, only Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney have scored more.

So what possible reason could I have other than being stupid/drunk/deluded for thinking Newcastle – who will receive only £4.5m of the £7m Chelsea have paid for him as the rest goes directly to Ba – will benefit from him leaving?
For me, Ba has been part of the problem at Newcastle this season. Not so much on the pitch, although there are some issues here, but mainly off it.

I can still vividly remember the first time I met Ba. It was an interview only a few hours after he had signed for Newcastle and I wanted to know why he had turned down offers from elsewhere.
Did he know about the region’s passion for football, the fans and their love for a striker? Did he like the stadium? Did the manager say something that helped make up his mind?
There was no excitement. No emotion. “I asked my agent, which club has made me the best offer? He said Newcastle so I signed for them.”

Ba is the ultimate football mercenary. He does not make emotional decisions, he is not hindered by a sense of loyalty, he plays football to earn a living for himself and his family.
There is nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of people in plenty of professions who will always go where the money is best.

Ba is from a large family. One of his brothers is his agent. He is the breadwinner for that family and he is motivated by a burning desire to make as much money as he can for them.
He is not the first player to think like that and he will not be the last. At 27, he is close to agreeing a five-year deal that will earn him at least £30,000-a-week more at Chelsea than he was offered by Newcastle to remove the £7m release clause.
In all likelihood, he will also be playing in the Champions League next season. More money, bigger club - difficult to argue with that, although Ba may well discover he spends far more time on the bench in west London given Fernando Torres is, and probably will remain, the main man there.

Which brings me neatly on to why Ba had become problematic at Newcastle. Even in these cynical times, not every player thinks like Ba.

Some do still like to have an emotional attachment to a club, some still put happiness over cash. Some want to play football where they are revered and respected, not just another name on the teamsheet. Some want to be more than just the hired help.

For the past 12 months, Ba’s agents have been touting him around Europe trying to persuade someone to activate his release clause, improve his contract and pay them a nice chunk of cash to make the deal happen.
It has been a constant distraction and, as time wore on, also a source of resentment. Ba may have had his friends, and he was a dominant voice behind the scenes, particularly with the large French-speaking contingent on Tyneside, but ultimately his teammates knew he was in it for himself. Trust has been eroded, replaced by suspicion and bitterness.
Newcastle’s recovery from the disaster of relegation to the Championship in 2009 was built on unwavering team spirit, as was their ability to cope with the loss of Andy Carroll to Liverpool in 2010 and, even more recently, charge to that wonderful fifth-place finish in the Premier League last season.

I don’t think that same team spirit has been evident this season and Ba is at least partly responsible for that. No matter how many goals Ba scored, his teammates knew he did not really want to be there. Nothing is more divisive.
Fabricio Colocinni is a captain who leads by example rather than words and Ba has had too much to say behind the scenes. He may be a better player than Kevin Nolan, but he is nothing like Newcastle’s former sergeant major as a motivational, all-inclusive leader of men.

Having scored 12 goals before the end of January last season, Ba didn’t score again as Papiss Demba Cisse became the focus of Newcastle's attacks.

To accommodate Cisse, Pardew asked Ba to play wide in a front three. He did so, but grumbled constantly and then, in the summer, demanded to play in the middle. Pardew – rightly or wrongly – relented, pushed Cisse out wide and gave Ba what he wanted.

Ba responded superbly, but Cisse has struggled. The two Senegal teammates have never been close, but their relationship has been increasingly strained in recent months. There have even been accusations Ba would rather shoot from distance than pass to Cisse, even if he is in a far better position.

Cisse scored 13 goals in his first 15 games for Newcastle as a centre forward, but he is not a right-winger. Ba leaving will give Newcastle’s Number 9 a chance to play through the middle again and I expect him to thrive once more.
Newcastle have lost their top goalscorer and that’s a blow, but they already have a player more than capable of filling the void.

They still need to sign a replacement for Ba in this window, but if they can get Loic Remy from Marseille, a versatile forward equally happy through the middle or out wide, they could well be stronger overall, not weaker.
After so much distraction, speculation and conjecture, Ba has finally gone and there will be a collective sigh of relief inside the Newcastle dressing room.

Demba Ba is a fine player, but he was in danger of becoming a bad apple who would have been sold in the summer regardless. Hopefully it is all about Newcastle being United once more.
3rd January 2013 04:34 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I meant Ba's face after Cisse's second at Swansea
(This post was last modified: 3rd January 2013 04:35 PM by huntface.)
3rd January 2013 04:35 PM
davidturner151

Unregistered

Lee Ryder put on his Twitter today that Pardew has said that Cisse will play central from now on.
3rd January 2013 04:35 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

he shouldn't have to say that should he? Should be a given, he is a striker!
3rd January 2013 04:41 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

You didn't watch the pre match conference yesterday dude.
He said it before match.
3rd January 2013 04:41 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

From the club site....

After scoring his sixth goal of the season from a right-sided berth, Papiss Cisse is set to be handed a central role for the rest of the campaign with Alan Pardew planning to build a side around the Senegalese striker.

With leading scorer Demba Ba expected to depart for Chelsea this week, the Newcastle number nine will be tasked with replacing his compatriot's goal return and Pardew has backed him to do exactly that.

The United boss explained that in the build-up to Wednesday night's home game with Everton, the players had trained with Ba playing as the main striker with Cisse and Gabriel Obertan either side of him so when Ba withdrew from the squad on the day of the match, Cisse remained on the right so as not to disrupt the gameplan.

But Pardew said: "We know he's a natural goalscorer at this football club.
"We'd set the team up for him to play on the side last night but he'll go through the middle from now on and hopefully we can create a team that's going to create chances for him."

That could mean he leads the line in the FA Cup with Budweiser third round tie at Brighton on Saturday, with Pardew set to name a strong team against the Seagulls - but the boss has hinted that a couple of fringe players could be handed an opportunity to impress at the Amex Stadium.

"We've got one or two young players that we'll bring in and I might change one or two of the faces to freshen it up a little bit but I think for us it's trying to win games and get some momentum, and obviously that will start at Brighton," he said.
"Sammy Ameobi came on (against Everton) and looked fresh and consistent and that's what we need out of them - consistency.

"I think there's a good chance that Sammy might play. He showed up well last night - I hope he takes that into Brighton if he gets the chance."
3rd January 2013 04:44 PM
davidturner151

Unregistered

I havent seen/read any interviews, match reports, articles or anthing in the last 2 weeks until around 1am english time this morning.
Just read that Pardew said the only reason that Cisse didnt start in the middle last night was because they had trained with him on the left and he didnt want things being anymore disrupted than they already where.
3rd January 2013 04:45 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(3rd January 2013 04:45 PM)davidturner151 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Just read that Pardew said the only reason that Cisse didnt start in the middle last night was because they had trained with him on the left and he didnt want things being anymore disrupted than they already where.

Which would be understandable if it had worked at all this season.
3rd January 2013 04:49 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

I cant understand why he didn't play him through the middle last night then.
3rd January 2013 04:51 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Because he is a poor manager
3rd January 2013 04:59 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

You sure about that?
3rd January 2013 05:30 PM
Exiled Mag Offline

Reserve Team

(3rd January 2013 04:44 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.From the club site....

After scoring his sixth goal of the season from a right-sided berth, Papiss Cisse is set to be handed a central role for the rest of the campaign with Alan Pardew planning to build a side around the Senegalese striker.

With leading scorer Demba Ba expected to depart for Chelsea this week, the Newcastle number nine will be tasked with replacing his compatriot's goal return and Pardew has backed him to do exactly that.

The United boss explained that in the build-up to Wednesday night's home game with Everton, the players had trained with Ba playing as the main striker with Cisse and Gabriel Obertan either side of him so when Ba withdrew from the squad on the day of the match, Cisse remained on the right so as not to disrupt the gameplan.

"We'd set the team up for him to play on the side last night but he'll go through the middle from now on and hopefully we can create a team that's going to create chances for him."

That could mean he leads the line in the FA Cup with Budweiser third round tie at Brighton on Saturday, with Pardew set to name a strong team against the Seagulls - but the boss has hinted that a couple of fringe players could be handed an opportunity to impress at the Amex Stadium.

"We've got one or two young players that we'll bring in and I might change one or two of the faces to freshen it up a little bit but I think for us it's trying to win games and get some momentum, and obviously that will start at Brighton," he said.
"Sammy Ameobi came on (against Everton) and looked fresh and consistent and that's what we need out of them - consistency.

"I think there's a good chance that Sammy might play. He showed up well last night - I hope he takes that into Brighton if he gets the chance."

This is just softening us up for when he comes out and says we are not replacing Ba.

(3rd January 2013 05:30 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.You sure about that?

V a question, were you not a Pardew hater? I mean like actual hate? Maybe wrong but I thought you were always calling him?
(This post was last modified: 3rd January 2013 05:38 PM by Exiled Mag.)
3rd January 2013 05:32 PM
mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

for me pardew has been hamstrung by the board and injurys when was the last time he had the opertunity to put out the same team 2 weeks in a row
3rd January 2013 05:48 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

(3rd January 2013 05:32 PM)Exiled Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(3rd January 2013 04:44 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.From the club site....

This is just softening us up for when he comes out and says we are not replacing Ba.

(3rd January 2013 05:30 PM)viana45 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.You sure about that?

V a question, were you not a Pardew hater? I mean like actual hate? Maybe wrong but I thought you were always calling him?

Dead against his appointment. Massively so. And his first campaign I always said was a disaster. Perhaps harshly. Last season I said i'd judge him at the end of the season, and did.
I think others should do the same this season.
3rd January 2013 05:56 PM
Exiled Mag Offline

Reserve Team

#Fickle

Just fucking around V...
3rd January 2013 06:00 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

That's my opinion, yes.

He isn't learning from his mistakes, sign of a poor manager.
3rd January 2013 06:17 PM