Fan Favourite
RE: New Captain

Got to be Perchy. What a lad he is.
14th January 2013 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Tiote, it might fucking calm him doon a bit..
14th January 2013 01:16 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

Pfffft he was sent off in a friendly kick aboot over the weekend.
14th January 2013 01:17 PM
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

(14th January 2013 01:17 PM)King Sentinel I Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Pfffft he was sent off in a friendly kick aboot over the weekend.

Did that not happen last time an al ?
14th January 2013 01:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(13th January 2013 09:11 AM)CliveMendonca Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Agree to a degree Ven, but club captain has more responsibility than that.

Setting an example to the younger players for example, showing them through graft and application you can achieve something that all the bling diamond earings and gold plated Range Rovers can't hold a light to....the respect of your fellow professionals. This respect can be used for good, through charity work and engaging with the lifeblood of any club, the supporters.

The captain has a bigger role to play on the pitch when things are goining tits up. I remeber David Beckham's performance against Greece in a World Cup qualifier. By his sheer fortitute he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and refused to loose.

I would say that Colo has been a good skipper, but if the rumours about the Crammy lass are true, he has let his familily, the club and himself down. Time will tell.

I thought there was a club captain who did all the off field glad handling, and a team captain for the games? No probs with the first, but the 2nd seems just like being made school prefect is purely ceremonial. As for Becks, well yes, he did do that, but i thought playing for your country would be motivation enough, rather than needing a bit of cloth tied to your arm?
Still, earned John Terry some nice tax free readies for tours Smile
14th January 2013 05:44 PM