Newcastle United looking at "three or four" players

Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has revealed that the club are looking at bringing in "three or four" more players during the January transfer window.

The Magpies have already brought in Mathieu Debuchy this month, while Marseille striker Loic Remy is also thought to be on Pardew's radar following the sale of top scorer Demba Ba.

Pardew revealed that they have set their sights on a few players already, and hinted that any deals are progressing nicely.

"We are pursuing three or four players and they all seem to be warming up a bit. We need a bigger pool of players," said Pardew.

Newcastle's 0-0 draw with Norwich City this afternoon leaves them 16th in the Premier League table, just two points clear of the relegation zone.
12th January 2013 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Newcastle United looking at "three or four" players

February 1st "Alan Pardew - We tried hard, Mike, Derek, and Lee did their very best but were unable to get any of the players we wanted over the line. We are what we are, it is what it is, and we will just have to soldier on until the end of the season with what we have got.... blah blah blah".
13th January 2013 09:27 AM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I fuckin hope so cos on this form i'd hate to see where we are in march/april
13th January 2013 10:29 AM
Irish Magpie Offline

First Team Starter

W could do with three or four more but I honestly don't see it happening. Pardew changes his mind from one day to the next about how many we're looking at or need. A week ago he wanted one more in, now it's four?

We could do with another LB, a left footed one, Santon will then challenge for both FB positions.

We've needed a new CB for the last 18 months or so and if we don't get one (and hang on to Collo) we'll keep conceding goals and are in real danger of going down. One that's a threat from set pieces would be nice.

We also desperatly need a new striker, one that's as comfortable out wide in a 433 as they are up front in a 442. It needs to be someone with a lot of pace, skill and that can bag an average of at least a goal every 3 games, preferably every 2.

If we get those, as long as they're of the quality to go straight into the first 11, we should push on up the league to a comfortable finish areound 11th. If not, we're ery possibly going down.

2 points off the drop zone with no quality backup in almost any position is a very dodgy position to be it, things are not looking good. I always try to remain positive but the last month or so that's been impossible, if things keep going the way they are, we're fucked. We won't bounce back up this time either, our top players will desert us like rats from a sinking ship and we'll be left to rely on our current crop of reserves and youngsters to get us through next season. To be honest most of those aren't even good enough to get into any of the top Championship clubs.
13th January 2013 10:44 AM
Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team

At the end of the day it's up to Ashley to decide if he wants to spend some of "our" money and the Sky TV money on his investment instead of shoving it all in his back pocket.
Hopefully even he will now realise what a shite squad we have.

If he doesn't care, I think a lot of people will soon be joining him with that school of thought
13th January 2013 11:06 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Agreed
13th January 2013 11:10 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(13th January 2013 09:27 AM)Wally McFool Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.February 1st "Alan Pardew - We tried hard, Mike, Derek, and Lee did their very best but were unable to get any of the players we wanted over the line. We are what we are, it is what it is, and we will just have to soldier on until the end of the season with what we have got.... blah blah blah".

Big Grin

Leak enquiry underway at SJP.
13th January 2013 11:29 AM
Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team

*prepares the I'd like to thank Mike and Derek getting this one over the line speech*

Tongue
13th January 2013 06:16 PM
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

Do you think we're trying to get 'our business done early' in attempt to get Colo to stay ?
13th January 2013 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I think we may talk him over to stay until the summer, but I certainly don't see him here next season, whoever we buy.
13th January 2013 06:27 PM
apb34 Offline

Reserve Team

(13th January 2013 06:27 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think we may talk him over to stay until the summer, but I certainly don't see him here next season, whoever we buy.

You never know he might get a flat in Shankhoose and move in wi that lass.
13th January 2013 06:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply