So how do you stop

So how do you stop

Sal Offline

First Team Regular
So how do you stop

Our club becoming French as opposed to English?

I am happy enough to see all of these highly rated players come in, but at the same time its a bit wrong that we will be fielding teams with no English players in it whatsoever.

As a short term thing fair enough, but I think if this is the way we have to go to compete then a lot of money should be spent on recruiting young local kids to move forward.

Also, how the fuck is Pardew going to keep everyone in check, when the majority will be comunicating in a language that he cant speak? Perhaps he should just learn French? What about the minorities in the group, which happen to be the likes of Saylor, Raylor and Perchinho?

Houllier has quite rightly been spouting off about potential problems with all of this, I guess we have to just see what happens.
24th January 2013 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team
RE: So how do you stop

im concerned aswel

the french have always been reknowed for there tantrams and even the national team has had issues with team mates falling out bit like the dutch

on a personal note ive always hated the fucking french and now we might have 9 of the cunts
24th January 2013 09:11 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

When Houllier was at Liverpool he bought loads of SHIT French and foreign players, yet they won 5 trophies in a calender year
24th January 2013 09:13 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I quite like France though. Nice food and wine.

French people tend to smell
24th January 2013 09:13 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I have no problem with Frenchies and if they are good enough then great.

Its just wrong that it has to come to this simply because English players command such high fees and wages.

Wilfred Zaha is the latest example - He is 20 years old, has never kicked a ball in the top flight and is going to be sold for nearly £15mil.
24th January 2013 09:14 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I think it's a bit of a stereotype saying that the French are temperamental as a nation like. We'll be fine.
24th January 2013 09:39 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

(24th January 2013 09:13 AM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I quite like France though. Nice food and wine.

It's the garlic.
24th January 2013 11:44 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

(24th January 2013 11:44 AM)Texasmag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(24th January 2013 09:13 AM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I quite like France though. Nice food and wine.

It's the garlic.

And the lack of washing.
24th January 2013 11:47 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

i love garlic.
24th January 2013 11:58 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(24th January 2013 11:47 AM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.And the lack of washing.

They really don't help themselves with this stereotype by retaliating to us calling deoderant a French Shower by referring to soap as parfum anglais. Yes, we smell of soap. Because we wash.
24th January 2013 11:58 AM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

They're also prone to surrender!
24th January 2013 12:03 PM
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team

I think they are restructuring the academy from top to bottom. Desperately needed but will take time. The present may be French but with a bit of luck the future will be Geordie.
24th January 2013 12:04 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I think the French and German Leagues are probably the closest in terms of style of play to the premiership than any other leagues.

The fact that we can also go over there and get a team captain and international and get change out of 7 million quid instead of paying ridiculous prices over here for someone who might be on par also has its part to play.

France is also just over the channel so it's not a 12 hour flight to go home etc.

We have looked at the German league also (Cisse) but maybe there is no one there at the moment who fits the scouting criteria. Same applies to the dutch league.
24th January 2013 12:14 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(24th January 2013 12:04 PM)Demba Ba Humbug Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think they are restructuring the academy from top to bottom. Desperately needed but will take time. The present may be French but with a bit of luck the future will be Geordie.

Lots of time - currently bottom of the U18 table, 18 points adrift of Southampton.
(This post was last modified: 24th January 2013 12:15 PM by Workshy Fop.)
24th January 2013 12:14 PM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

when we were in france my mate bumped into someonewhen he was hammered and nearly got his head kicked in because instead of saying "I'm sorry" he kept shouting "I'm breakfast! I'm breakfast!" at the irate Frenchie
24th January 2013 12:27 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Well I hope the club have some sort of clique stopping technique because it will be a shame if this turns to shit due to the likes of Saylor being pushed into a corner by not even being able to communicate in English anymore!

All the coaches are English too, this new lot need to get to school and learn our lingo sharpish. Mind saying that, am surprised they don't already.
24th January 2013 11:08 PM