Gutierrez left back

Gutierrez left back

ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
Gutierrez left back

What is Pardew doing... why not Haidara?

Talk about round pegs in square holes.. he can't pass or defend man.
14th April 2013 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter
Gutierrez left back

He plays there for Argentina
14th April 2013 11:56 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

He gave the ball away for the goal, but that was nothing to do with him being at left back.
14th April 2013 11:58 AM
omenator Offline

Owner
Gutierrez left back

If you ignore that pass (like every has done with Santon last week) he's played pretty well, worked the line, supported going forward and hasn't forgot about tracking back

They haven't had much luck down our left because of it
14th April 2013 11:58 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
Gutierrez left back

He isn't a left back though.. and we have a more than capable one on the bench. Simple as that.
(This post was last modified: 14th April 2013 12:01 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
14th April 2013 12:00 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
Gutierrez left back

A Left back on the bench and a left winger at left back.

Genius.
14th April 2013 01:10 PM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

Can't see how that would've improved the result like, Haidara would've done no better than Guti.
14th April 2013 01:11 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Gutierrez left back

(14th April 2013 01:11 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Can't see how that would've improved the result like, Haidara would've done no better than Guti.

I think playing someone who is a left back ahead of someone who isn't would have improved us.. it's common sense.

Barmy decision from Pardew.

Absolutley barmy.
14th April 2013 01:16 PM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

Nah, not really.
14th April 2013 01:17 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
Gutierrez left back

You think Guti is better at left back than Haidara then?

Yes or no?

No rambling excuses please Smile
14th April 2013 01:21 PM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

No. But it's not as simple as that.

In the last two games, we've looked more attacking and scored our goals when Guti went to left back.
14th April 2013 01:24 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

Guti had a fucking stinker.

Really fucking bad
14th April 2013 01:27 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

I think Guti has a better understanding of the derby mentality than Haidara.
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
Gutierrez left back

It's not even like Haidara hasn't been playing well though, he has been.

Way to give a young lad confidence Pardew, playing a left winger (who has been awful for the majority of the season) instead.

Pure madness for me like.
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

I really, really think that Guti playing LB was the least of our problems today.
14th April 2013 01:29 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
Gutierrez left back

Still a problem though, and they all add up to create a poor performance.

That first goal.. gave the ball away.. then made a lackluster attempt to get it back.. the product of playing a winger at left back that is..he may work hard.. but he doesn't know how to defend.. not his fault he was playing there though.. it's Pardew's.
(This post was last modified: 14th April 2013 02:03 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
14th April 2013 02:02 PM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

(14th April 2013 02:02 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Still a problem though, and they all add up to create a poor performance.

That first goal.. gave the ball away.. then made a lackluster attempt to get it back.. the product of playing a winger at left back that is..he may work hard.. but he doesn't know how to defend.. not his fault he was playing there though.. it's Pardew's.

That pass was nothing to do with his position or his defensive abilities. Just a shit pass, nowt else.
14th April 2013 02:09 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(14th April 2013 01:16 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(14th April 2013 01:11 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Can't see how that would've improved the result like, Haidara would've done no better than Guti.

I think playing someone who is a left back ahead of someone who isn't would have improved us.. it's common sense.

Barmy decision from Pardew.

Absolutley barmy.

agreed, fucking mental decision and part of the reason guti has had so much stick this season IMO
14th April 2013 02:11 PM
The Milkman Offline

Youth Team
Gutierrez left back

He was simply shocking today. Gave the ball away time and time again. Pardew had a natural left back in Haidara and should have played him, Guti has been wank all season until 2 weeks ago. No excuse for that, terrible tactical decision, and I don't understand how you can argue it didn't make a big difference. it did make a difference because they scored first because of it and that changed the whole game surely? Gutierrez made an unforgivable error from a defensive position, funnily enough because he was playing left back? How can you argue otherwise.
14th April 2013 05:50 PM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

(14th April 2013 05:50 PM)The Milkman Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He was simply shocking today. Gave the ball away time and time again. Pardew had a natural left back in Haidara and should have played him, Guti has been wank all season until 2 weeks ago. No excuse for that, terrible tactical decision, and I don't understand how you can argue it didn't make a big difference. it did make a difference because they scored first because of it and that changed the whole game surely? Gutierrez made an unforgivable error from a defensive position, funnily enough because he was playing left back? How can you argue otherwise.

He was crossing the half way line when he passed, wasn't he? Hardly a defensive position. It was an attacking moment that let him down. Nowt to do with him being played at left back. Where as I said earlier, he'd played well in the previous two games.
14th April 2013 05:54 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(14th April 2013 05:54 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(14th April 2013 05:50 PM)The Milkman Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He was simply shocking today. Gave the ball away time and time again. Pardew had a natural left back in Haidara and should have played him, Guti has been wank all season until 2 weeks ago. No excuse for that, terrible tactical decision, and I don't understand how you can argue it didn't make a big difference. it did make a difference because they scored first because of it and that changed the whole game surely? Gutierrez made an unforgivable error from a defensive position, funnily enough because he was playing left back? How can you argue otherwise.

He was crossing the half way line when he passed, wasn't he? Hardly a defensive position. It was an attacking moment that let him down. Nowt to do with him being played at left back. Where as I said earlier, he'd played well in the previous two games.

But he was still playing left back... i.e no one behind him if he makes an error.. if he was playing on the wing (which funnily enough is his actual position).. he wouldn't have been in that position.. i'm not really sure how you can argue that him playing out of position didn't have an effect on the result when it blatantly did.. but that's up to you fair enough.

For me Gutierrez isn't good enough full stop.. he should be a squad player at best.. and i won't be bothered if we get rid in the summer... so he works hard..you or me could work hard... he isn't really good at anything for me..apart from winning some free-kicks (which are of no use to us under Pardew).

Having said all that it was Pardew who played him there..and the buck stops with him.
14th April 2013 07:04 PM
steadyboopbop Offline

Reserve Team

(14th April 2013 11:58 AM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.If you ignore that pass (like every has done with Santon last week) he's played pretty well, worked the line, supported going forward and hasn't forgot about tracking back

Erm, Adam Johnson is left footed , the left back should force him on his weaker foot , no he only goes and lets him waltz through and score a peach of a goal ..
Jonas cost us 2 goals today ..no ifs r buts .
14th April 2013 08:46 PM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

(14th April 2013 07:04 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(14th April 2013 05:54 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

But he was still playing left back... i.e no one behind him if he makes an error.. if he was playing on the wing (which funnily enough is his actual position).. he wouldn't have been in that position...

He passed the ball from dead centre, out to the right wing.

We had Debuchy, Taylor and Mbiwa covering behind those areas, the fact that Guti had gone astray fom left back meant nothing.

In fact both him and Taylor had chances to then stop the shot, so how can you say nobody was behind him?

He could very easily have found himself in that position of he'd been playing left wing. He'd cut right into the centre of midfield.
14th April 2013 08:52 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Gutierrez left back

curse you and your factual replies.
14th April 2013 09:04 PM
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team
Gutierrez left back

I can only assume that Haidera was not fit enough to play two games in a week. He has only just come back from injury. If that was the case though, I would rather have rested him against Benfica.
15th April 2013 12:07 AM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Gutierrez left back

Gutierrez has had a poor season up until the chelsea match, back to form yesterday
Shocking

(14th April 2013 08:46 PM)steadyboopbop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(14th April 2013 11:58 AM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.If you ignore that pass (like every has done with Santon last week) he's played pretty well, worked the line, supported going forward and hasn't forgot about tracking back

Erm, Adam Johnson is left footed , the left back should force him on his weaker foot , no he only goes and lets him waltz through and score a peach of a goal ..
Jonas cost us 2 goals today ..no ifs r buts .

Spot on mark, the way he let johnson pass him so easily onto his better foot was laughable.
That 1st goal though cost us bad.
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2013 07:08 AM by Tinosghost.)
15th April 2013 07:05 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
Gutierrez left back

Also while watching Motd.Tiote was shite didnt even put a foot in all game prob been told of pardew dont get booked or sent off Big Grin Its not his game to not tackle
15th April 2013 07:14 AM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular
Gutierrez left back

What if Haidara made that cock up in a derby, the fans would be on his back and his confidence shot. Not ideal for a 20 year old
15th April 2013 08:49 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

(15th April 2013 08:49 AM)Geordie_leg Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What if Haidara made that cock up in a derby, the fans would be on his back and his confidence shot. Not ideal for a 20 year old

But he's a left back. Round peg, round hole. Clearly immune from mistakes.
15th April 2013 08:50 AM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Gutierrez left back

Richy theres no room for mistakes in such a huge match man! Gutierrez had a stinker, he fucked up a simple pass and let johnson breeze onto his better foot to score! I mean did you see his pathetic attempt to win the ball back after the 'pass' to sessegnog? Fuckin diabolical!
Yes mistakes DO happen but yiu do not give the ball away as many times as he did yesterday in a local derby.
Haidara imo is a better left back than gutierrez who know i think is not the player he was when enrique was his wingman. Time for change.
15th April 2013 11:39 AM