Hate Pardew? What are the alternatives?

The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

All right thinking Geordies just know that Pardew is a lying, twisting Cockney wanker.

What about the other Prem managers?

Arsenal Arsène Wenger - highest paid loser in football.
Aston Villa Paul Lambert - identikit shit Jock.
Cardiff City Malky Mackay - identikit shit Jock
Chelsea José Mourinho - miserable, negative tart only interested in spending billions and still falling out with everyone.
Crystal Palace Ian Holloway - useless loon, surprised he can tie own laces
Everton Roberto Martínez - bullshitting tosser, handed a good job after years of failure
Fulham Martin Jol - fat useless moaning shite. Sacked by Xmas.
Hull City Steve Bruce - fat useless moaning plastic Geordie shite. Sacked by Xmas.
Liverpool Brendan Rodgers -weird bullshitting tosser, handed a good job after a few years of failure.
Manchester City Manuel Pellegrini - foreign bullshitting tosser, handed a good job after years of failure
Manchester United David Moyes - weird bullshitting tosser, handed a good job after years of failure. Sacked by Xmas.
Newcastle United Alan Pardew - one good season, then out the door.
Norwich City Chris Hughton - miserable, negative tart. Sacked by Xmas.
Southampton Mauricio Pochettino - who? what? why?
Stoke City Mark Hughes - fat useless moaning shite. Sacked by Xmas.
Sunderland Gus Poyet - gimp. Sacked by Xmas.
Swansea City Michael Laudrup - "I love....what shit club am I stuck at?"
Tottenham Hotspur André Villas-Boas weird negative bullshitting tosser, handed a good job Sacked by Xmas.
West Bromwich Albion Steve Clarke - identikit shit Jock.
West Ham United Sam Allardyce - total bastard. Will be at Sunderland soon.
(This post was last modified: 14th October 2013 05:59 PM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
14th October 2013 05:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
omenator Offline

Owner
RE: Hate Pardew? What are the alternatives?

Would love to have someone like Pochettino here, very good continental coach who plays good football and is very tactically astute.

Did a very good job with a poor Espanyol team, but not British so isn't very good Wink

Similar can be said for AVB, hated by the press as doesn't get into the usual media bullshit and would actually rather talk about the game than behind then scenes stuff that we really don't need to know about.

Would also have Laudrup, done very well overseas and took Swansea to that next level, also very good at identifying good "cheap" players and getting the best out of them, would fit Ashley's remit well.
14th October 2013 06:07 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Would hardly describe Wenger as a loser.

Only Fergie would have won more since PL began I would have thought.
14th October 2013 06:13 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(14th October 2013 06:07 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Would love to have someone like Pochettino here, very good continental coach who plays good football and is very tactically astute.

Did a very good job with a poor Espanyol team, but not British so isn't very good Wink

Similar can be said for AVB, hated by the press as doesn't get into the usual media bullshit and would actually rather talk about the game than behind then scenes stuff that we really don't need to know about.

Would also have Laudrup, done very well overseas and took Swansea to that next level, also very good at identifying good "cheap" players and getting the best out of them, would fit Ashley's remit well.

it's going to be an identikit shit jock next. That seems the latest trend.

(14th October 2013 06:13 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Would hardly describe Wenger as a loser.

Only Fergie would have won more since PL began I would have thought.

might as well shove jump leads in Cloughie's corpse.
(This post was last modified: 14th October 2013 06:14 PM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
14th October 2013 06:13 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Wengers an outstanding manager who at least believes in playing attractive football, I'd be delighted if he was our manager.
14th October 2013 06:15 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(14th October 2013 06:15 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Wengers an outstanding manager who at least believes in playing attractive football, I'd be delighted if he was our manager.

moaning loser. Fleeces the Arsenal fans.
14th October 2013 06:21 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

It's actually a pretty sad state of affairs when you actually look at these teams play barring 3-5 of those teams, the rest all play their style and never change it up.

Honestly believe you don't need a billionaire owner to actually do something in this league these days, just bring in a good manager who can read a game and has the know how to change things up during a game, give him a few seasons and watch them push on and challenge.

Problem is no owner these days are willing to take that punt and go with the tried and tested merry-go-round managerial system who will keep them in the prem for another season without doing much else.

It's why Fergie was so successful, ignore all the bullshit around him and look at the evolution of his style and players over the years and you'll see the subtle tweaks here and there that kept them fresh and ahead of the competition for the majority of his reign, yeah he made mistakes but just made him more hungry to improve during the summer with his seminars and sessions learning new ideas for the coming season.

In contrast, Wenger is a good coach but not a good manager if that makes sense, he has a certain type of player he goes for and a certain style he insists on playing regardless of how it works out, while it has to be admired to a certain extent you have to wonder how much more Arsenal would have won if he tried to change things up every now and then.

Obviously just a quick comparison as don't want to go to in depth and bore you all Wink
14th October 2013 06:21 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(14th October 2013 06:21 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It's actually a pretty sad state of affairs when you actually look at these teams play barring 3-5 of those teams, the rest all play their style and never change it up.

Honestly believe you don't need a billionaire owner to actually do something in this league these days, just bring in a good manager who can read a game and has the know how to change things up during a game, give him a few seasons and watch them push on and challenge.

Problem is no owner these days are willing to take that punt and go with the tried and tested merry-go-round managerial system who will keep them in the prem for another season without doing much else.

It's why Fergie was so successful, ignore all the bullshit around him and look at the evolution of his style and players over the years and you'll see the subtle tweaks here and there that kept them fresh and ahead of the competition for the majority of his reign, yeah he made mistakes but just made him more hungry to improve during the summer with his seminars and sessions learning new ideas for the coming season.

In contrast, Wenger is a good coach but not a good manager if that makes sense, he has a certain type of player he goes for and a certain style he insists on playing regardless of how it works out, while it has to be admired to a certain extent you have to wonder how much more Arsenal would have won if he tried to change things up every now and then.

Obviously just a quick comparison as don't want to go to in depth and bore you all Wink

he inherited a great defence and doesn't know how to replicate it. And he is so one dimensional he makes Charles Hughes look like a genius. He would have heading banned.

On a slightly more serious note (but I do mean that thing about Wenger and defenders and keepers. And heading. In fact all of it) 99% of managers are mediocre men who usually get lucky at one club or more to the point one type of club.

There's not many currently managing in the Prem really tickle my fancy at NUFC to be honest. You could honestly see all of them failing under the current regime we have for various reasons - and I have heard fans of all their respective clubs moan at them. Wenger was hated a few months ago! Ha ha ha! It's not an exact science really.

I wouldn't mind going for a decent foreign manager next time (as much as for novelty value), but for every Laudrup there seems to be Di Canio. I swear, we'll end up with a sweaty sock. In fact what's the odds for Strachan? Big Grin
14th October 2013 06:38 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I'm sure Arsenal fans will be gutted when they see their team win the Premiership title this year.
(This post was last modified: 14th October 2013 09:12 PM by countofbiarritz.)
14th October 2013 09:12 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

Yeah but Lip that comes down to the owner, do they actually do their research on a foreign manager (Pochettino, Laudrupp) or do they go for a foreign manager because they've heard of them (Di Canio, Poyet).

Problem is you're right we'd end up with another waste simple because Ashley has at least heard of them before.
14th October 2013 10:03 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Getting down to basics there's at least 9 current premiers managers I'd rather have

And a few championship managers too

And probably some 1st division managers
14th October 2013 10:07 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Keegan.

You know you're all thinking it
14th October 2013 10:51 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

Not Keegan. That boat has sailed. Someone young, daring, exciting. Someone we're yet to discover. Someone with a comedy name, like Quim or Bush. Yeah.

Om - this site is completely fucked man. Ditch your host and get a decent one. It's frustrating as fuck trying to post or open threads, constantly getting time outs.
15th October 2013 05:01 AM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Im sure pochetino laudrup and wenger would love to report into Joe Kinnear. And mike ashley.
15th October 2013 05:50 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I'm sure you're right.

But as nobody has suggested they would your point is a bit redundant.
15th October 2013 06:27 AM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

ABP. It's not who will replace Pardew when he finally gets the boot, it will be who replaces Kinnear.

My expectations are so low I'd take David O'Dreary.
(This post was last modified: 15th October 2013 07:33 AM by King Sentinel I.)
15th October 2013 07:33 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Wonder if there's a current manager in Prem who is universally loved by their fans? I'm sure Laudrup doesn't have many detractors, but not sure about others. Maybe Pinnochio at Southampton.

The turnover in managers at most clubs is so quick now. Often players out last them more these days - how many managers has Lampard and Terry seen at Chelsea for instance.

Hey man, I'd have Wenger here like a shot, but my point above is that even Arsenal fans were calling for his head after the first game. The signing of Ozil has saved his bacon.

The point about Pardew is that he was disliked and distrusted when he joined, the 5th finish covered this up, but as soon as we hit bad form the original prejudice come out again. Sometimes that's the way it is - like a lot of people I was the same myself with Sounness and Allardyce.

It will be interesting to see who Ashley does go for next (after Kinnear if he gets it). He may throw a curve ball and fool us all, but it's odds on its going to be an out of work British manager who'd love the opportunity. By my reckoning that's someone like Curbishley or Hoddle.
15th October 2013 08:18 AM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Lip that OP was the biggest load of shit i have ever read!
15th October 2013 11:38 AM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

(15th October 2013 11:38 AM)Swyer87 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Lip that OP was the biggest load of shit i have ever read!

Nah, he's posted worse. Big Grin
15th October 2013 04:04 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(15th October 2013 04:04 PM)Franzese Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(15th October 2013 11:38 AM)Swyer87 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Lip that OP was the biggest load of shit i have ever read!

I have.

I said a while back I'm crap at sarcasm and should make clear when attempting it.
(This post was last modified: 15th October 2013 09:58 PM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
15th October 2013 09:57 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Perhaps we need Leonard's sign...
15th October 2013 11:07 PM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

(15th October 2013 09:57 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(15th October 2013 04:04 PM)Franzese Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I have.

I said a while back I'm crap at sarcasm and should make clear when attempting it.

We definitely need an emoticon (or whatever they are called) Smile
16th October 2013 11:13 AM
omenator Offline

Owner

Sarcasm

added to the list
16th October 2013 11:36 AM
Swyer87 Offline

First Team Starter

Hehe i like it!
16th October 2013 11:49 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

I've inspired an emoticon. Brilliant!
16th October 2013 01:39 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

(15th October 2013 06:27 AM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm sure you're right.

But as nobody has suggested they would your point is a bit redundant.

They have.
16th October 2013 08:30 PM