England can win World Cup!

Guaranteed there'll be an article more or less saying this tomorrow Smile
15th October 2013 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alfienoakes Offline

Reserve Team

Possibly.

I was there tonight/yesterday and should such an article emerge I would have to heartily disagree.
Woeful second half.... Not great first half... Relying on the same old crusty buggers yet again.
15th October 2013 11:22 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Far more likely will be an article or three arguing that Hodgson should be fired even though he's done his job solidly.
16th October 2013 07:18 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Yup - and calling for ball bag chops to "take us to glory".
16th October 2013 07:45 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
RE: England can win World Cup!

"England have what it takes to get out of the group phase.

And then who knows? Strange things happen in ­tournaments sometimes."

Oliver Holt - Mirror

Ha ha! By next summer we'll be world beaters.
16th October 2013 01:49 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

We arent completely shit like.
16th October 2013 02:36 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

That's true Sal

Most great teams have 4 or 5 top players at most the rest is teamwork

In fairness we have always had decent players but they've rarely played as a team

Now we have a few who are good enough to be there and with Roy we have a coach who knows football

Gerrard and Rooney are good enough , perhaps Baines and when Walcotts fit he can be unplayable

If we can get a few others fit too, the likes of Oxlade Chamberlain who Roy rates highly we have a decent group to gell

Who knows, if some of the bigger teams lose a couple of their stars and we don't we are there to show our worth
(This post was last modified: 16th October 2013 04:07 PM by tino.)
16th October 2013 04:06 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Also in Sturridge, Townsend, Wallcott, Ox, Barkley, Wilshere we have a very decent batch of younger players that are coming through.
16th October 2013 04:16 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I'm still not convinced by Welbeck for one, for a man ure player he has a poor first touch, but he has time to mature. Townsend was the big plus, but I wonder how he'll fare against the top defenders who'll be a little more wise to his 'cutting in from the right' ploy, again though, he has time to mature. There are some genuine areas with decent competition for places, Cole and Baines, Walcott and Townsend, but to counter that the lack of cover for Hart is worrying.
What will happen though, is that in the lead up to the tournament, Pele, Beckenbauer and others will talk England up as a team to be respected and feared, whilst secretly praying to be drawn in our group. Our players will take all this in, as usual, and go there thinking they're better than they are.
The one thing in our favour is that we go as underdogs and not part of the ridiculous 'golden generation' of Terry and Rio.
Can't wait.
16th October 2013 05:49 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

We'll have one of the top 8 in our group, so it will be difficult to get past this stage anyway. Should be fun regardless. Looking forward to it!
16th October 2013 05:55 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I'm only disappointed that because of the 4 hour time lag, the footy wont disrupt any of the godawful soaps.
16th October 2013 06:37 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(16th October 2013 05:49 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm still not convinced by Welbeck for one, for a man ure player he has a poor first touch, but he has time to mature. Townsend was the big plus, but I wonder how he'll fare against the top defenders who'll be a little more wise to his 'cutting in from the right' ploy, again though, he has time to mature. There are some genuine areas with decent competition for places, Cole and Baines, Walcott and Townsend, but to counter that the lack of cover for Hart is worrying.
What will happen though, is that in the lead up to the tournament, Pele, Beckenbauer and others will talk England up as a team to be respected and feared, whilst secretly praying to be drawn in our group. Our players will take all this in, as usual, and go there thinking they're better than they are.
The one thing in our favour is that we go as underdogs and not part of the ridiculous 'golden generation' of Terry and Rio.
Can't wait.

First world cup I've really loooked forward to since Italia '90 if I'm honest. Glad England there for the party, after watching that Confederations Cup I think it will be a great world cup.
16th October 2013 07:48 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(16th October 2013 07:48 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(16th October 2013 05:49 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm still not convinced by Welbeck for one, for a man ure player he has a poor first touch, but he has time to mature. Townsend was the big plus, but I wonder how he'll fare against the top defenders who'll be a little more wise to his 'cutting in from the right' ploy, again though, he has time to mature. There are some genuine areas with decent competition for places, Cole and Baines, Walcott and Townsend, but to counter that the lack of cover for Hart is worrying.
Can't wait.

First world cup I've really loooked forward to since Italia '90 if I'm honest. Glad England there for the party, after watching that Confederations Cup I think it will be a great world cup.
you really are on the happy pills aren't you flaming !!
16th October 2013 08:14 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(16th October 2013 08:14 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(16th October 2013 07:48 PM)The_Flaming_Lip Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Can't wait.

you really are on the happy pills aren't you flaming !!

why not!
16th October 2013 11:13 PM