great and true expectations....

carters Offline

Reserve Team

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

the 2 comments at the bottom are class as well....

what gets me is you had another local journalist(so called)..neil cameron, spouting the same shit pardew came out with in monday's Journal.............another one out of the moncur envelope !!!
(This post was last modified: 18th October 2013 04:11 PM by carters.)
18th October 2013 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
RE: great and true expectations....

Been saying this for years, we don't 'demand trophies or success' like the media perpetuated myth about us fat bellies Geordie stereotypes.

No, we demand that the club simply try's to compete, shows passion and desire, preferably playing an attacking expansive game, but in general just makes a damn effort week in week out on and off, but mainly on the pitch.

It's not too hard to understand, it's what fans of virtually every club expect apart from the Glory hunting Chinese, Home Counties or Welsh/Irish supporters of the big North West clubs.
18th October 2013 05:56 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(18th October 2013 05:56 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Been saying this for years, we don't 'demand trophies or success' like the media perpetuated myth about us fat bellies Geordie stereotypes.

No, we demand that the club simply try's to compete, shows passion and desire, preferably playing an attacking expansive game, but in general just makes a damn effort week in week out on and off, but mainly on the pitch.

It's not too hard to understand, it's what fans of virtually every club expect apart from the Glory hunting Chinese, Home Counties or Welsh/Irish supporters of the big North West clubs.

aye thats what pissed me off about pardew on sunday leazes..its like he hasn't been up here for the last 3 years, or however long its been....he just came out with the same old condescending and like you say, totally incorrect claptrap we get labelled with......

I've given him plenty of slack lately but for me he's made a rod for his own back with the shite he came out with.....he can go fuck off back to his pals down south for all i care..!!
18th October 2013 06:15 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

His remit for me is simple, give us a reason to go to the match again, apart from blind loyalty. A trophy would be lovely, a European adventure taken seriously would also suffice, but mainly just make it an occassion that you can enjoy and applaud.
18th October 2013 06:22 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(18th October 2013 06:22 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.His remit for me is simple, give us a reason to go to the match again, apart from blind loyalty. A trophy would be lovely, a European adventure taken seriously would also suffice, but mainly just make it an occassion that you can enjoy and applaud.

aye ven its as simple as that.....!!!
18th October 2013 06:26 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

(18th October 2013 05:56 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.No, we demand that the club simply try's to compete, shows passion and desire, preferably playing an attacking expansive game, but in general just makes a damn effort week in week out on and off, but mainly on the pitch.

Those two cup finals would support that, I remember just how many of our lot stayed after the game and sung their hearts out regardless of the result, yeah it was heartbreaking to be THAT close but the fans did ourselves proud those two days. God those really were two great days out ruined by the result SadSadSad

Christ how can any owner not see moments like that and realise just how good it would be for them if they brought us a decent manager and team Sad
18th October 2013 06:57 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(18th October 2013 06:26 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(18th October 2013 06:22 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.His remit for me is simple, give us a reason to go to the match again, apart from blind loyalty. A trophy would be lovely, a European adventure taken seriously would also suffice, but mainly just make it an occassion that you can enjoy and applaud.

aye ven its as simple as that.....!!!

It isn't rocket science is it? Imagine the buzz in the city if he'd taken the plunge and gone for Benitez after he left chelski???? People would be selling body organs to buy season tickets.
18th October 2013 07:27 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

That's it they just don't realise what they have here.

Fuck me in my lifetime only KK & SBR have understood
18th October 2013 07:54 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(18th October 2013 05:56 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Been saying this for years, we don't 'demand trophies or success' like the media perpetuated myth about us fat bellies Geordie stereotypes.

Na. I want trophies. In fact one would do. I am a fat bellied Geordie stereotype, and I'm fed up with the lack of silverware. I'd happily see us win a cup and get relegated. Premier League is a fucking con anway.

(18th October 2013 06:57 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(18th October 2013 05:56 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.No, we demand that the club simply try's to compete, shows passion and desire, preferably playing an attacking expansive game, but in general just makes a damn effort week in week out on and off, but mainly on the pitch.

Those two cup finals would support that, I remember just how many of our lot stayed after the game and sung their hearts out regardless of the result, yeah it was heartbreaking to be THAT close but the fans did ourselves proud those two days. God those really were two great days out ruined by the result SadSadSad

Christ how can any owner not see moments like that and realise just how good it would be for them if they brought us a decent manager and team Sad

Got to disagree Om. I hated losing those games, especially the way we did. It was '74 all over again and I could hardly stomache it. I'm sick of being "good losers".

The famous banner in '75 said "We want success". Well I'm still fucking waiting.
(This post was last modified: 18th October 2013 11:11 PM by The_Flaming_Lip.)
18th October 2013 11:08 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

wrong thread flaming...i know its late in the morning, who sang that ??....pardew..i was convinced he was being hung out to dry and felt a bit sorry for him..until sunday..now he can go fuck himself....

i'll hoy new dawn fades on in a minute !! for some reason can't do happy smilies'

there you go mate....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsT_PvMR4j4
(This post was last modified: 18th October 2013 11:27 PM by carters.)
18th October 2013 11:24 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(18th October 2013 11:24 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.wrong thread flaming...i know its late in the morning, who sang that ??....pardew..i was convinced he was being hung out to dry and felt a bit sorry for him..until sunday..now he can go fuck himself....

i'll hoy new dawn fades on in a minute !! for some reason can't do happy smilies'

there you go mate....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsT_PvMR4j4

New Dawn Fades is the best song ever. No arguments.
19th October 2013 12:05 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Which is why I have stopped going...top ten aim and cups not a priority...I am amazed we are still getting the attendances (well I'm not)..but I'm not spending money to watch an ambitionless club.

Breaks my heart it does.
19th October 2013 01:10 AM