Praise where its due

Praise where its due

countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Praise where its due

However this ends up, Pardew got it spot on today. Pressing them, excellent off the ball work, not giving them a minute, shutting them down, knocking them off the ball, and to top it off a spirited fight back.

Couldn't ask for more so far, proud of the lads today, a really committed performance.

Shame about Mbiwa, and blatant dive aside, it was a stupid fucking thing to do knowing what that horrible little bastard is like. Something's not right there, looks a complete liability and it says a lot that we're playing comfortably without him.
19th October 2013 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Praise where its due

Debuchy has had a decent game too.

Not sure Sammy was the right call mind.
19th October 2013 01:24 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Praise where its due

Its fresh legs for the last ten mins or so, Benny looked like he'd hit the glass ceiling ideas wise.
19th October 2013 01:26 PM
alfienoakes Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Praise where its due

We played well, they were not on top form but yes, praise where it's due. Good effort.
Play like that against the scum and we'll walk it.
19th October 2013 01:45 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

Credit where's it due, he got it spot on today, if we didn't go down to 10 men you would have seen us win that
19th October 2013 01:46 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Gouffran and Tiote my top players worked their socks off.
19th October 2013 01:47 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(19th October 2013 01:47 PM)Vic Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Gouffran and Tiote my top players worked their socks off.

Yep.
19th October 2013 01:49 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Praise where its due

I hope this encourages Pardew to play more of the same, be down the opposition's throats from the off in both halves, make them worried about us.
19th October 2013 01:58 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman
Praise where its due

Well lets not get completely carried away mon ami Big Grin
19th October 2013 02:14 PM
mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

IM sat next to Tesco's in Gateshead and im still floating on air best performance in a long time made them look ordinary
19th October 2013 02:29 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Agree with the sentiments of the thread title. Tactics, even after red card, were spot on, as were the performances, no weak links. Goofy MoM, never stopped the entire game and epitomised the spirit all round. Congratulations to all, very proud tonight.
19th October 2013 03:08 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

yeah played well. after being accused of diving in the week you would have thought the ref would have been a bit wiser towards goofy twat but apparently not, shame though as we'd have fucked them over with 11 men. come away feeling pleased though so no complaints today, well done to all of them. met NE1, bought me a pint (cheers very much) will return the favour next time, missed a txt off clive or would have had a pint with him aswell but nevermind, always next time, good day in toon bring on the night now
19th October 2013 03:15 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Praise where its due

I thought we were excellent today
19th October 2013 03:34 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I'm going to enjoy this weekend....cheers all.
19th October 2013 03:42 PM
alfienoakes Offline

Reserve Team

4-0 mackems is sweet too
19th October 2013 03:58 PM
steadyboopbop Offline

Reserve Team

(19th October 2013 01:49 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(19th October 2013 01:47 PM)Vic Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Gouffran and Tiote my top players worked their socks off.

Yep.
Agreed
19th October 2013 04:05 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Praise where its due

a performance to be proud of for me.
19th October 2013 04:33 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Praise where its due

Maybe it should be "Praise where it's [Par]dew"

Anyway one decent game does not not stop me thinking he's a cunt.
19th October 2013 05:20 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(19th October 2013 05:20 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Maybe it should be "Praise where it's [Par]dew"

Anyway one decent game does not not stop me thinking he's a cunt.

We played well against Southampton 2 seasons ago. Tough crowd here.
19th October 2013 05:28 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(19th October 2013 01:11 PM)countofbiarritz Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.However this ends up, Pardew got it spot on today. Pressing them, excellent off the ball work, not giving them a minute, shutting them down, knocking them off the ball, and to top it off a spirited fight back.

Couldn't ask for more so far, proud of the lads today, a really committed performance.

Shame about Mbiwa, and blatant dive aside, it was a stupid fucking thing to do knowing what that horrible little bastard is like. Something's not right there, looks a complete liability and it says a lot that we're playing comfortably without him.

Its a fair shout CoB. Watched the game with a gang of neutrals and to be fair to Pardew they all said they thought he had got the set up just right to stifle LFC and thought we were unlucky not to get a win.

I remain agnostic on Pardew. I don't think he deserves the criticism he gets due to the unusual situation he is in at NUFC, but I do think he is a "big game" sort of manager, when if he isn't that arsed the team plays the same way.

I genuinely think we have a top 6 side, and if we can match today's performance for the rest of the season I can see us being a good shout for the top 6. But the biggest handicaps we have are a lack of depth, a lack of on-field leadership and a rather adolescent attitude in Pardew that seems to manifest itself in "doing his party piece" when the situation is right, but putting out an unprepared side when the situation is not quite to his taste - and an inability to be flexible when things aren't working.

This is classic Newcastle of course. "On our day Newcastle could match anyone". Heard this since Joe Joe Joe Harvey's day.

This is a very good team we have, one of the best on paper we have had for a very long time. But to gain another top 5 it either needs a bit of tinkering or a better manager.
19th October 2013 06:45 PM
CliveMendonca Offline

Reserve Team

(19th October 2013 03:15 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.yeah played well. after being accused of diving in the week you would have thought the ref would have been a bit wiser towards goofy twat but apparently not, shame though as we'd have fucked them over with 11 men. come away feeling pleased though so no complaints today, well done to all of them. met NE1, bought me a pint (cheers very much) will return the favour next time, missed a txt off clive or would have had a pint with him aswell but nevermind, always next time, good day in toon bring on the night now
If I buy your pint next time will you promise not to ignore me!
19th October 2013 06:45 PM