Fan Favourite
Newcastle v Spurs - Match Thread

Notice no Guti or Arfa we play better,?
10th November 2013 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aphradax Offline

Youth Team
RE: Newcastle v Spurs - Match Thread

(10th November 2013 02:50 PM)Figs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Notice no Guti or Arfa we play better,?

'Cos Sissoko and Gouffran give good protection by tracking back.

Notice how shite the left flank was when Obertan came on. he didn't offer the same work rate
10th November 2013 02:53 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Obertan needs selling in jan

But at the same token if Santon was a good defender we dont need to protect them they can go forward and support who is upfront.
(This post was last modified: 10th November 2013 02:58 PM by Figs.)
10th November 2013 02:57 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(10th November 2013 02:39 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:35 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:27 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:19 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So do people really think Willo or MYM should keep Colo out..I mean they have done ok and that...but it is a no brainer for me..Colo should come back in.

Colo and MYM for me like.

Yes, neither Willo or MYM have done anything to justify being dropped these past games, pick players on form not those who Pardew likes more

Case in point...Jonas in whatever position he can be fit into

I agree with picking players on form..if they are pretty close in terms of how good a footballer they are..in this case.. Colo and Willo..it isn't close..Colo obviously far better..so no brainer..in my opinion.

Bigger picture pal, if he does that, where is the incentive for the "lesser" players to give 100% if they know as soon as the preferred player comes back they'll be back out the team. Got to have everyone fighting for their place regardless of who they are

But then it is like just waiting for Willo to make a mistake that costs us to put Colo back in..don't think that is right..each to their own..all about opinions.
10th November 2013 03:01 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

It is a tricky one. Back four have looked good, so it really should stay the same. But Colo is the best CB we've had in years.
10th November 2013 03:05 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(10th November 2013 03:01 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:39 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:35 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:27 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:19 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So do people really think Willo or MYM should keep Colo out..I mean they have done ok and that...but it is a no brainer for me..Colo should come back in.

Colo and MYM for me like.

Yes, neither Willo or MYM have done anything to justify being dropped these past games, pick players on form not those who Pardew likes more

Case in point...Jonas in whatever position he can be fit into

I agree with picking players on form..if they are pretty close in terms of how good a footballer they are..in this case.. Colo and Willo..it isn't close..Colo obviously far better..so no brainer..in my opinion.

Bigger picture pal, if he does that, where is the incentive for the "lesser" players to give 100% if they know as soon as the preferred player comes back they'll be back out the team. Got to have everyone fighting for their place regardless of who they are

But then it is like just waiting for Willo to make a mistake that costs us to put Colo back in..don't think that is right..each to their own..all about opinions.

I agree with your principle Om, but Colo is the captain and arguably our best player.

Hats off to the back 5 today, but lets not ignore the fact that we were camped into our own box relying on block tackles and hoof clearances, which to be fair worked and we won. But who is to say that had Colo been in, things may have been a little calmer and we may have had more of a chance at retaining possession.

(10th November 2013 03:05 PM)Franzese Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It is a tricky one. Back four have looked good, so it really should stay the same. But Colo is the best CB we've had in years.

Yup.
10th November 2013 04:04 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

(10th November 2013 02:23 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I took the hoond for a walk at the final whistle, what did Pardew have to say, did he dedicate that win to Fatty and the Hobo ?

He dedicated the win to himself, shouted boomshakalaka into the camera and then walked away.
10th November 2013 04:11 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(10th November 2013 04:11 PM)Chris_NUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 02:23 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I took the hoond for a walk at the final whistle, what did Pardew have to say, did he dedicate that win to Fatty and the Hobo ?

He dedicated the win to himself, shouted boomshakalaka into the camera and then walked away.

If that really did happen, all would be forgiven from me like.
10th November 2013 04:17 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

(10th November 2013 04:17 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.If that really did happen, all would be forgiven from me like.

It will happen Sal, not the boomshakalaka bit, but he will one day dedicate a win to himself.

He will be in the mirror tonight lip synching Simply the best to himself.

Two great results though and a run of winnable games

Bring on the Europa cup next year. oh wait a minute Confused
10th November 2013 04:24 PM
CliveMendonca Offline

Reserve Team

Kept 2 successive clean sheets against 2 "top six" clubs, gotta keep the defensive unit together, though Debush is suspended for our next game.
10th November 2013 04:26 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

(10th November 2013 04:24 PM)Chris_NUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 04:17 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.If that really did happen, all would be forgiven from me like.

It will happen Sal, not the boomshakalaka bit, but he will one day dedicate a win to himself.

He will be in the mirror tonight lip synching Simply the best to himself.

Two great results though and a run of winnable games

Bring on the Europa cup next year. oh wait a minute Confused

Nah, it'll be the local karaoke night trying to impress the women Wink
10th November 2013 04:27 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Debuchy is doing well but needs to stop giving silly fouls away on edge of the box...two today (only saw second half)..and liverpool right at the end.
10th November 2013 04:30 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I enjoyed this victory in the east wing TV lounge of Biarritz Towers, entirely appropriate for a regal performance. Credit where it is due, it was superb defensively in the 2nd half. Congrats all.
10th November 2013 07:10 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

No way should Willo be dropped. Nor should Mbiwa. They've both earned their place and it's up to Colo to displace them now.

22 of last 32 clean sheets I think it is have been with Williamson at the back.
10th November 2013 08:08 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

Have to agree with the Horse Whisperer on this one. No one is perfect in defence - for any team. But he is as solid as we have got and has never been shot by a sniper aka Tayls
10th November 2013 09:31 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Taylor should be about 19th choice behind the tea lady.
10th November 2013 09:46 PM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

(10th November 2013 09:46 PM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Taylor should be about 19th choice behind the tea lady.

Steady now.
10th November 2013 10:31 PM
andy1305 Offline

Youth Team

Willo should get more credit than he does. I know he looks like he is shitting it every time he gets ball, but he seem to make up for it with his positioning and tackles he makes plus wins headers quite well. While we are playing well team should be kept the same. Mbwia and Willo seem to work well together.
10th November 2013 10:51 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

(10th November 2013 10:31 PM)Stoner Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(10th November 2013 09:46 PM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Taylor should be about 19th choice behind the tea lady.

Steady now.

Even you Sue!!
10th November 2013 11:00 PM