Hehehe obviously thick as shit!

Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Do you believe this story? Not very wise as his name would suggest.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
11th November 2013 11:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

This is what's completely fucked up about football. A 20 year old at best fringe player who's on loan at a Championship club earns enough to drive about in a £100k Porsche.

I'm getting more and more radgey over the amount of fucking money even shite players pick up. It's obscene and it needs to stop.
11th November 2013 05:27 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
RE: Hehehe obviously thick as shit!

(11th November 2013 05:27 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm getting more and more radgey over the amount of fucking money even shite players pick up. It's obscene and it needs to stop.

See, I struggle with this. Like all normal minded people I think its ridiculous that they earn so much money for playing a game, but I find that really hard to square with my general principle in any other walk of life that its the poor fucker at the coal face doing the work that should be making the money, not the blokes in suits.

So, there is an obscene amount of money in football, and as such its going to go in someone's pocket. Should it go in the pockets of the owners? the managers and coaches? the admin and marketing guys? Or the people that actually play the game for us?
11th November 2013 06:35 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

I remember when Roy Keane was the first player to earn over £50,000 and i kind of agreed with what you are saying but..not anymore........these poor fuckers at the coal face' as you put it are not playing for us they are playing for themselves....absolute greed...that's all it is ..... the amount of money they are earning just gets more and more obscene whilst the price of watching the cunts just gets higher and higher.........every time another greedy player and his agent demand more dosh the price of your ticket and the price of your half time pint goes up....
11th November 2013 07:52 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I don't think any footballer has ever played for anyone other than themselves.
11th November 2013 07:54 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

No problem when the money goes to the heaving masses, but it would aid their credibility if they'd actually done something to earn it, rather than just chase around a windswept park with Liverpool 2nds.
11th November 2013 07:56 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

That's what I'm talking about Ven. Fair enough the "top top" athletes at the height of their game, putting in shifts week in week out for the first team. But when mediocre players in the stiffs are picking up a million a year or whatever for the occasional game in the first team - I'm in the wrong game.
11th November 2013 09:39 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

I agree, fuck paying cunts like Ranger etc, £1m contracts, give them £300 a week and bring the turnstile prices back to 2/6p....
11th November 2013 09:50 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

It is simply unsupported nonsense to blame the players for 'being paid' a certain amount of money that is, purely subjectively, too much.

The blame for the apparent inflated wages lays purely at the feet of those who are offering the wages in the first place, not those who accept the offer. Lets face it, all of us would accept a six-figure per calendar month salary if offered it.

I simply cannot condemn someone for agreeing to something that, if given the same offer and circumstance, I would also accept.
12th November 2013 01:35 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I'm afraid I can. The common herd earn more by working their way up the chain as an incentive. In football in particular, the incentive to better yourself is gone, if you're already set for life by 22 or so. Not in every case, but every supporter sees it in their team, someone flatlining and simply taking the money, this means you Obertan. Of course they wont refuse it, but it doesn't make it right.
12th November 2013 08:20 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Indeed. I know this is entirely unworkable - but if it were up to me, you'd have to play a minimum of 20 first team games before you can earn anything decent in footballing terms. Until then, you're on a basic of about £30,000 per year.

Will give them the drive to succeed.
12th November 2013 08:43 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

The fact that most Premier League squad players, even fringe players, can pick up more in one year than many ordinary working folk can earn in a lifetime is particularly galling. Same with the greedy cunting bankers but that's another matter for another board.
12th November 2013 10:43 AM

Chairman

(12th November 2013 08:20 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm afraid I can. The common herd earn more by working their way up the chain as an incentive. In football in particular, the incentive to better yourself is gone, if you're already set for life by 22 or so. Not in every case, but every supporter sees it in their team, someone flatlining and simply taking the money, this means you Obertan. Of course they wont refuse it, but it doesn't make it right.

I didn't say it was right, I said it was unfair to lay the blame at the feet of those who receive vast wages.

Its all well and good to paint a utopian picture of parity and fairness in the world of football where there is a cap on the wages taken by the very people who dedicate their short careers to it. However, in a market industry the price of someone or something is purely decided by the party who is willing to pay for it.

Be angry at the injustice of their wage compared to ours, by all means, but make sure the anger is correctly aimed.
12th November 2013 11:18 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Stop being so reasonable, and get yourself full of bile, hatred and swear and spit, it's lush.
12th November 2013 12:34 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

[Image: article-2268176-17281AD5000005DC-820_468x286.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12th November 2013 12:59 PM by Jinkyjim.)
12th November 2013 12:57 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(12th November 2013 11:18 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(12th November 2013 08:20 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm afraid I can. The common herd earn more by working their way up the chain as an incentive. In football in particular, the incentive to better yourself is gone, if you're already set for life by 22 or so. Not in every case, but every supporter sees it in their team, someone flatlining and simply taking the money, this means you Obertan. Of course they wont refuse it, but it doesn't make it right.

I didn't say it was right, I said it was unfair to lay the blame at the feet of those who receive vast wages.

Its all well and good to paint a utopian picture of parity and fairness in the world of football where there is a cap on the wages taken by the very people who dedicate their short careers to it. However, in a market industry the price of someone or something is purely decided by the party who is willing to pay for it.

Be angry at the injustice of their wage compared to ours, by all means, but make sure the anger is correctly aimed.

I'd like to think it was correctly aimed though. Yes, the system of payment in football is ludicrous and not directly the fault of the player, and they will exploit it, but as with any job, there's an element of responsibility. As a supporter pouring my hard earned into their petrol tanks, I would like to think they could at least show a willingness to spend a little less time in the Porsche showroom, and a little more time on the training ground to help improve the lot of the team supporting them.
12th November 2013 02:47 PM

Chairman

I understand your frustrations, I really do, however, the amount of time they spend at the training ground, working on whatever it is that they work on, is decided by the manager. Then, in their free time, if they want to go and spend their money (and it IS their money) on a poncey car or a gaudy piece of jewellery then they can.

This all sems to me to be a blatant lack of objectivity. There will be plenty of people out there who earn less than me who may want to criticise me for buying trendy this or socially acceptable that but they can fuck right off, I've earned my money by grafting my nuts off for a wage that some rich fucker thinks im worth and I can spend my cash on whatever the fuck I want. Applying the same criteria to those who earn shiteloads more than me, I simply can't have a go at them for it. Ashley could give his tea lady a million pound contract but, however obscene that is, it's not her fault and certainly not something she should be critisized for.
13th November 2013 01:30 AM
omenator Offline

Owner

Need to bring back the apprenticeships, Christ some of the lads I went to school with ended up on clubs books (deservedly as won the league every year, most famous being Carroll) and pretty much jacked it all in as they thought there was no need anymore as they'd be paid a fortune as soon as they left
13th November 2013 02:54 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

Haha listen to TAB now that he's won a bit of dosh.

TAB it is their fault, or partially anyway, but mostly their agents' who negotiate for these ludicrous contracts for even the shittest squad players. Half the cunts hardly play and they're still millionaires before they're 25. Why is that right? How can you justify that? It's obscene when there are working families having to use food banks.
13th November 2013 07:08 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(13th November 2013 01:30 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I understand your frustrations, I really do, however, the amount of time they spend at the training ground, working on whatever it is that they work on, is decided by the manager. Then, in their free time, if they want to go and spend their money (and it IS their money) on a poncey car or a gaudy piece of jewellery then they can.

This all sems to me to be a blatant lack of objectivity. There will be plenty of people out there who earn less than me who may want to criticise me for buying trendy this or socially acceptable that but they can fuck right off, I've earned my money by grafting my nuts off for a wage that some rich fucker thinks im worth and I can spend my cash on whatever the fuck I want. Applying the same criteria to those who earn shiteloads more than me, I simply can't have a go at them for it. Ashley could give his tea lady a million pound contract but, however obscene that is, it's not her fault and certainly not something she should be critisized for.

That's fair enough TAB, it is all a matter of degree (there is also an element of envy as well, which is undeniable). I remember people going about nurses pay and how angelic they are, when at the time I was earning less trying not to get my balls blown off in oireland and thinking "why the fuck are they paid as much, when I am literally putting my life on the line".
The message this particular story sends out, apart from the numbnuttedness of the footballer, is that a kid reading it thinks "Fuck me, this young 'un plays in front of 2 men and a dog every week and he's still tooling round in a top of the range Porsche", maybe unfair on this lad, but he isn't the only one. If only Abramovich had bought Newcastle University instead of Chelski......
13th November 2013 11:44 AM

Chairman

(13th November 2013 07:08 AM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Haha listen to TAB now that he's won a bit of dosh.

TAB it is their fault, or partially anyway, but mostly their agents' who negotiate for these ludicrous contracts for even the shittest squad players. Half the cunts hardly play and they're still millionaires before they're 25. Why is that right? How can you justify that? It's obscene when there are working families having to use food banks.

It's got nothing at all to do with me winning a bit of dosh. I only won twenty grand for fucks sake, hardly parity with the subject.

And no it isn't their fault, not even partially. If they, or their agents or representative or dad or whoever, manage to successfully negotiate a million pound contract out of some chairman who is willing to pay that then how can fault be apportioned ? Yes it's obscene, yes it's comparitively unjust that people struggle on fractions of what the player has managed to eke out of his employers but the blame for inflated wages sits firmly, and totally, at the door of those giving the wages.

Again, if the tea lady managed it, would we have this debate ? Or would we be a) congratulating her for landing on her feet and b) vilifying her employer for paying her ridiculous sums ? If your industry experienced a sudden and extreme boom and you and your colleagues set about negotiating new vast contracts, would you be concerned with the plight of those on benefits while negotiating ? If your employers offered you a million a month would you reject it on the grounds of it being too much ?

Thought not.

(13th November 2013 11:44 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(13th November 2013 01:30 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I understand your frustrations, I really do, however, the amount of time they spend at the training ground, working on whatever it is that they work on, is decided by the manager. Then, in their free time, if they want to go and spend their money (and it IS their money) on a poncey car or a gaudy piece of jewellery then they can.

That's fair enough TAB, it is all a matter of degree (there is also an element of envy as well, which is undeniable). I remember people going about nurses pay and how angelic they are, when at the time I was earning less trying not to get my balls blown off in oireland and thinking "why the fuck are they paid as much, when I am literally putting my life on the line".
The message this particular story sends out, apart from the numbnuttedness of the footballer, is that a kid reading it thinks "Fuck me, this young 'un plays in front of 2 men and a dog every week and he's still tooling round in a top of the range Porsche", maybe unfair on this lad, but he isn't the only one. If only Abramovich had bought Newcastle University instead of Chelski......

Mate I totally agree with your disillusion regarding parity. Yes squaddies don't get paid enough, yes nurses don't get paid enough, yes people in nobler professions than sport do not receive the appropriate recompense for their work. I totally agree with all of this but this is another matter. I am simply trying to place a little objectivity into the situation regarding the vilification of players who earn amounts that the rest of us (and squaddies and nurses et al) can dream about. I wish nurses could find agents/ representatives who could negotiate packages like that for themselves. And if they did we should not criticise them for it.

I remember my mother once telling me that 'you should only be looking in someone else's bowl to see if he has enough'.
(This post was last modified: 13th November 2013 12:55 PM by Tight_Ass_Bramble.)
13th November 2013 12:48 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

I'm with TAB on this one, its the system that's to blame. Who in their right mind would turn around and say, you know what I think you're offering me too much money. They have to take into account that their career is 15-20 years if they're lucky not to get a career threatening injury.

I don't object as much as others comparing it to other careers as you could say the same thing about a lot of jobs, that's a separate argument and should be saved for attacking the gov or whoever for underpaying valuable members of society.

This argument should be about how out of touch the game is with the fan these days and how expensive it has gotten so these players can be offered the high wages, other sports are going the same way (how much are the current Autumn International tickets for example) and thats what's annoys me about it all, the next generation of fans have to watch their heroes from home because their parents simply can't afford to take them any more.
13th November 2013 01:43 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(13th November 2013 01:43 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm with TAB on this one, its the system that's to blame. Who in their right mind would turn around and say, you know what I think you're offering me too much money. They have to take into account that their career is 15-20 years if they're lucky not to get a career threatening injury.

I don't object as much as others comparing it to other careers as you could say the same thing about a lot of jobs, that's a separate argument and should be saved for attacking the gov or whoever for underpaying valuable members of society.

This argument should be about how out of touch the game is with the fan these days and how expensive it has gotten so these players can be offered the high wages, other sports are going the same way (how much are the current Autumn International tickets for example) and thats what's annoys me about it all, the next generation of fans have to watch their heroes from home because their parents simply can't afford to take them any more.

I think with football, more than any other sport, there is an element of jealousy, because these young lads are getting an opportunity deinied to literally tens of thousands of wannabees, so my arguement is slightly diluted. Maybe it's the old working class thing of working hard and achieving before you get your reward, rather than getting it all given before you've actually achieved anything. Part of me is jealous, part of me is fuming, because having achieved financial security when barely out of puberty, there seems to be an attitude of 'This'll do'. Maybe understandable outside a sporting arena, but when they're playing for your team, you just expect that little bit more to try and excel.
13th November 2013 02:06 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

[Image: mcgarrynewc.jpg]

It wouldn't happen in Bill's days, having said that football rarely happened in Bill's days..
13th November 2013 02:15 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(13th November 2013 12:48 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(13th November 2013 07:08 AM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Haha listen to TAB now that he's won a bit of dosh.

It's got nothing at all to do with me winning a bit of dosh. I only won twenty grand for fucks sake, hardly parity with the subject.

And no it isn't their fault, not even partially. If they, or their agents or representative or dad or whoever, manage to successfully negotiate a million pound contract out of some chairman who is willing to pay that then how can fault be apportioned ? Yes it's obscene, yes it's comparitively unjust that people struggle on fractions of what the player has managed to eke out of his employers but the blame for inflated wages sits firmly, and totally, at the door of those giving the wages.

Again, if the tea lady managed it, would we have this debate ? Or would we be a) congratulating her for landing on her feet and b) vilifying her employer for paying her ridiculous sums ? If your industry experienced a sudden and extreme boom and you and your colleagues set about negotiating new vast contracts, would you be concerned with the plight of those on benefits while negotiating ? If your employers offered you a million a month would you reject it on the grounds of it being too much ?

So paraphrasing and using your argument or of context, twisting and selectively using its elements you think it's actually the consumers who are to blame for the energy companies putting the prices up because they're the ones continuing to pay.

Typical nouveau rich tory attitude that - make the poor pay.
13th November 2013 02:37 PM

Chairman

If you want to paraphrase, use my points out of context, twist and selectively use its elements and add a dash of fabrication, then yes that's exactly what I said.
13th November 2013 02:50 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

See, fucking rich footballers have us arguing with each other..
13th November 2013 03:17 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

thats not an argument

thats a contradiction

(This post was last modified: 13th November 2013 03:26 PM by tino.)
13th November 2013 03:24 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Or disagreements
13th November 2013 03:26 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

(13th November 2013 02:06 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(13th November 2013 01:43 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm with TAB on this one, its the system that's to blame. Who in their right mind would turn around and say, you know what I think you're offering me too much money. They have to take into account that their career is 15-20 years if they're lucky not to get a career threatening injury.

I think with football, more than any other sport, there is an element of jealousy, because these young lads are getting an opportunity deinied to literally tens of thousands of wannabees, so my arguement is slightly diluted. Maybe it's the old working class thing of working hard and achieving before you get your reward, rather than getting it all given before you've actually achieved anything. Part of me is jealous, part of me is fuming, because having achieved financial security when barely out of puberty, there seems to be an attitude of 'This'll do'. Maybe understandable outside a sporting arena, but when they're playing for your team, you just expect that little bit more to try and excel.

Oh I completely agree, its why I said before that they should bring back the apprenticeships so these lads have to earn there stripes so to speak before they get a pro contract and the big money.
13th November 2013 03:26 PM