Ben Arfa

Ben Arfa

omenator Offline

Owner
Ben Arfa

Been thinking about this one today.

Does he actually fit in to the way we play, is it a coincidence that we're looking more solid and more threatening going forward while he's been out the team?

Reckon he could be the next "big" player to leave the club like, someone club would take a gamble on getting him more consistent
12th November 2013 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team
RE: Ben Arfa

Nah as long as he's playing shite no one will touch him, still expect cabaye gone in jan tho
12th November 2013 03:35 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Ben Arfa

If he cant be motivated to fit in then he is a lost cause.

HBA is the sort of player that I love to watch and on his day he is alone worth the admission fee.

I cant decide if I blame him for being far too selfish to be a proper team player, or if I blame our set up for failing him. You would think that if the likes of Fergie had him for the last 3 years, he would be a world beater by now.
12th November 2013 03:56 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

I actually think if he's marked he's fucked, the stand out game this year was villa but they forgot and he was awesome, nothing since then
12th November 2013 06:20 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Ben Arfa

When he plays the team tend to give it to him and then wait for him to do something. 9 times out of 10 though, he loses it and nothing comes of it. It looks as if he keeps hold of the ball just so he can try and skin someone, when in all honesty there is a time and place for that. He needs to learn to do the simple stuff and pass the ball when it makes sense. Dont get me wrong on his day he is immense and players cant touch him, sadly he always seems to try and do too much.

When he doesnt play the team play more as a team, it isn't all down to one man so they knock the ball about more rather than giving it to HBA and waiting to see what he can do.

Slightly off tangent here but I think Cabaye is possibly playing the best football of his time with us and when he is playing like this then we dont really need HBA as Cabaye is pulling all the strings in midfield.
12th November 2013 07:07 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

(12th November 2013 07:07 PM)Shingles Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.When he plays the team tend to give it to him and then wait for him to do something. 9 times out of 10 though, he loses it and nothing comes of it. It looks as if he keeps hold of the ball just so he can try and skin someone, when in all honesty there is a time and place for that. He needs to learn to do the simple stuff and pass the ball when it makes sense. Dont get me wrong on his day he is immense and players cant touch him, sadly he always seems to try and do too much.

When he doesnt play the team play more as a team, it isn't all down to one man so they knock the ball about more rather than giving it to HBA and waiting to see what he can do.

Slightly off tangent here but I think Cabaye is possibly playing the best football of his time with us and when he is playing like this then we dont really need HBA as Cabaye is pulling all the strings in midfield.

Agree with all that
12th November 2013 07:44 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

I thought playing him up front was a colossus mistake, he's far better roaming behind a front 2

Whether we will see that I'm not sure, Pardew prefers graft
(This post was last modified: 12th November 2013 08:34 PM by tino.)
12th November 2013 08:34 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

He looks likes he has spent some months in Greggs at dinner time.
12th November 2013 09:44 PM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Ben Arfa

(12th November 2013 07:44 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(12th November 2013 07:07 PM)Shingles Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.When he plays the team tend to give it to him and then wait for him to do something. 9 times out of 10 though, he loses it and nothing comes of it. It looks as if he keeps hold of the ball just so he can try and skin someone, when in all honesty there is a time and place for that. He needs to learn to do the simple stuff and pass the ball when it makes sense. Dont get me wrong on his day he is immense and players cant touch him, sadly he always seems to try and do too much.

Agree with all that

And me!
12th November 2013 09:55 PM
andy1305 Offline

Youth Team

(12th November 2013 09:55 PM)Tinosghost Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(12th November 2013 07:44 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Agree with all that

And me!

Yep and me too
12th November 2013 10:26 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Cabaye is showcasing himself ready for January though. Don't you think?
13th November 2013 12:05 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(13th November 2013 12:05 AM)Texasmag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Cabaye is showcasing himself ready for January though. Don't you think?

Just like you have been you saucy minx!

I was watching him a few weeks ago, can't remember the game, but it occurred to me he was very much like the 'wizard winger' in the Harry Enfield parody with Arsenal's 1920s team against the 1990s Liverpool team - a load of tricks with nothing to show for it. I like the guy, I really do but he's not a thud and blunder (thanks Joe) type of player. We should keep him though, he adds a different dimension when we need it.
(This post was last modified: 13th November 2013 12:22 AM by lipsquid.)
13th November 2013 12:18 AM