saylor racist twitter storm

mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

ive saw it and its just banter quite funny aswell

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(This post was last modified: 15th November 2013 02:28 PM by mjg316.)
15th November 2013 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

He's needs to be Sold we carn't get a full season out of him and he thinks he's better than he is.
15th November 2013 02:28 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Ha ha Big Grin

What the fuck was he thinking? Big Grin
15th November 2013 02:47 PM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

proof, if anymore was ever needed, that he is indeed thick as mince
15th November 2013 02:49 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter
RE: saylor racist twitter storm

Penalty!
15th November 2013 03:10 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

Oh dear.
15th November 2013 04:06 PM
gallowgate Offline

Youth Team

Wheys keys louise writing another non-story about our club. Mackem lover
15th November 2013 04:28 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

He really is a simpleton isn't he ? Which idiot at NUFC thought not to tell him that Twitter isn't for him
15th November 2013 05:47 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

Absolutely idiot for posting that in the public domain, all well and good having a private joke with friends but out in public you're opening yourself up for flak.

Deserves any fine/suspension he receives IMO
15th November 2013 06:04 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Some people really need to get a life.
15th November 2013 06:22 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

All PC bollocks, there's nothing at all wrong with that, similar things have been done at my work, top gaffers also joining in, it's just humour between mates, it's getting a. Bit daft now when all people want to do is jump on some PC bandwagon.
15th November 2013 07:36 PM
mjg316 Offline

First Team Starter

yes dean totally agree with that but twitter isnt in the office is it

we know how quick to southern types will jump on a bandwagon to destroy us

*no offence to our southern types on here
15th November 2013 09:48 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

Fair enough it's not the office, but things just get took out of proportion all the time now. Years ago you could have a laugh and joke and as long as it wasn't blatantly offensive more or less anything went, I couldn't even repeat half the jokes me and some of my black friends used to do, but it was all in good humour and I got it back just as bad. No one got hurt and we never fell out over none of it.
16th November 2013 12:04 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

It's all very different having an in joke between mates but when you put it out in public domain where it can be misinterpreted - it's stupid. He's representing the club and the city.

He's an idiot. I wish we'd get rid.
16th November 2013 12:11 AM
omenator Offline

Owner

(16th November 2013 12:04 AM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Fair enough it's not the office, but things just get took out of proportion all the time now. Years ago you could have a laugh and joke and as long as it wasn't blatantly offensive more or less anything went, I couldn't even repeat half the jokes me and some of my black friends used to do, but it was all in good humour and I got it back just as bad. No one got hurt and we never fell out over none of it.

That's the difference, in those situations (I've been in them myself) those friends are in on the joke, however putting it in the public domain for others to interpret is idiotic.

Some of the stuff no doubt we've all said in the right company could be deemed offensive, its all about knowing the audience you're in and Saylor should have known how it could have been taken on twitter.
16th November 2013 12:51 AM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

I can picture him perfecting his "Getting Shot" routine in the mirror for when things get to hairy
16th November 2013 06:16 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Storm in a tea cup...nothing offensive in it.
16th November 2013 07:55 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

No there isn't when you take it for what it is. But he should know full well that when you put anything in the public domain, especially a premier footballer, anything you post is going to be picked up on and scrutinised, and used as confirmation bias as further evidence of "football is racist", blown out of all proportion and context.

Its not like Papiss or whoever is going to get the hump, but there are literally thousands of right on knob heads who'll get it into their heads to get outraged on their behalf without their permission. The thing is, I'm sure players get media training these days, and surely must be coached by the clubs PR people to wind it in for exactly these reasons. That's what pisses me off about this. Taylor's a stupid cunt, but nothing more than that, but a stupid cunt without an excuse.

Now, as supporters, we've got to deal with jibes over this for no other reason than he's as thick as shite. I've quite had enough of him, nothing to do with his Twitter feed, but his arsehole antics when he plays. He can be as big an arsehole as he wants on the Internet, I just wish he'd keep it there instead of brining it to the pitch.
16th November 2013 09:53 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

All a load of bollocks if you ask me, none of the people in the photos were offended. It's the same at work, if somebody is a useless cunt, you can't tell them they're a useless cunt...no..no you have to put an arm around them and give them the shit sandwich and deliver it with a bunch of flowers.
16th November 2013 10:11 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

What constitutes the public domain though? A workplace? Unless you work from home, then that is a public domain surely? He was naive, he was being a typical footballer, get him to bung a week's wages in the club's charity kitty and everyone just get on with their lives ffs.
16th November 2013 10:34 AM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

(16th November 2013 10:11 AM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.All a load of bollocks if you ask me, none of the people in the photos were offended. It's the same at work, if somebody is a useless cunt, you can't tell them they're a useless cunt...no..no you have to put an arm around them and give them the shit sandwich and deliver it with a bunch of flowers.

It is. I agree with you.

(16th November 2013 10:34 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What constitutes the public domain though? A workplace? Unless you work from home, then that is a public domain surely? He was naive, he was being a typical footballer, get him to bung a week's wages in the club's charity kitty and everyone just get on with their lives ffs.

Again I agree, other than the Internet is the Wild West without sign posts. There's always some dried up cunt willing to take on someone else's "cause" in the name of some grand selective philosophy.

By putting his stupidity up for public discourse he's invited "NUFC embroiled in racist scandal" type commentary. Whether that's based in fact or not is irrelevant, its judgement by equally ignorant right on knobs. Once you post something on the net, it isn't yours anymore, its public property. No doubt he's been told this. He's a fucking idiot.

Why should I, as a NUFC supporter, have to defend my club because of that fuckwit? That's my problem. It'll go out of all proportion. Should have binned the faux cockney years ago on the grounds of being a liability on the pitch.
(This post was last modified: 16th November 2013 11:19 AM by countofbiarritz.)
16th November 2013 11:11 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

He may learn from this, but to be on the safe side, I wont be holding my breath.
16th November 2013 11:40 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

This is no worse, and a similar situation to what Woy did a few weeks ago, and just like then, some fucking wanksplat has used it to be an arsehole, however, if it keeps Saylor out of the team....he's a racist cunt.
16th November 2013 12:57 PM