The Mike Ashley Out campaign.

Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team

I saw them opposite the club shop as I arrived at the stadium yesterday. Protest was done in the right manner and I did not see them hurling abuse at anybody. Was only a handful of people there though. There was no obvious anti Ashley chanting in the Stadium.

The whole atmosphere was flat yesterday. The worst atmosphere I have seen at St James' Park for years. It did not really pick up until the final 20 mins or so. Most people seem to have become apathetic. It really is quite sad.
24th February 2014 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Venegoor Offline

Captain
RE: The Mike Ashley Out campaign.

I can also confirm there was a bloke in the Percy with a MAOC t-shirt on, but he wasn't shouting at people for buying booze and supporting the regime, he was just supping his pint with mates.
Maybe he was on a tea break or something.
24th February 2014 11:24 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

I don't know why people aren't singing Ashley out at the games..there is hardly any anti ashley songs..nor support for the team..what's the point in going to sit in silence?
24th February 2014 12:30 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

(24th February 2014 12:30 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I don't know why people aren't singing Ashley out at the games..there is hardly any anti ashley songs..nor support for the team..what's the point in going to sit in silence?

Ashley wasn't there, did you sing at the telly?
24th February 2014 12:40 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

(24th February 2014 12:40 PM)Mick Mahoney Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ashley wasn't there, did you sing at the telly?

I do
24th February 2014 12:43 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

There was a fella in a MAOC tshirt at the front of the Leazes end like.

Saw about 5 or 6 people outside the ground asking people to "Toot if they want Ashley oot".
24th February 2014 12:56 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(24th February 2014 12:40 PM)Mick Mahoney Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(24th February 2014 12:30 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I don't know why people aren't singing Ashley out at the games..there is hardly any anti ashley songs..nor support for the team..what's the point in going to sit in silence?

What difference does it make if he is there or not? And no..I nearly fell asleep.

Ashley wasn't there, did you sing at the telly?
24th February 2014 01:23 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

singing anti Ashley songs when he is there and watching him squirm (especially on TV) is worth it, when he doesn't turn up it's pointless.
24th February 2014 01:35 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

No it isn't.
24th February 2014 01:37 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

oh well there you go then
24th February 2014 01:44 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

I am sure he would get the message from someone when he isn't there.
24th February 2014 01:44 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

i think he got the message a long time ago but unless you have a spare £300m in your back pocket it's not gonna happen this week
24th February 2014 01:56 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

I can't understand going if you are just gonna sit there and not back the team or sing songs about wanting the owner out..just sitting in silence suggests apathy..but if you are feeling apathetic why go to the game in the first place?Bit of a strange one.

Suppose people will say they have already paid for this season (ST holders)..doesn't mean you have to go though.
(This post was last modified: 24th February 2014 02:01 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
24th February 2014 02:00 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

Does singing " Ashley out " when on tv not create negative press for him?

Ffs why can't people get it, your all supporting him by not doing it, he wants you quiet! He doesn't want nasty songs sang about him! He doesn't want protests! He doesn't want people to stay away!

Beginning to think there is a lot more Ashley support than first thought.
24th February 2014 02:09 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

(24th February 2014 02:00 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I can't understand going if you are just gonna sit there and not back the team or sing songs about wanting the owner out..just sitting in silence suggests apathy..but if you are feeling apathetic why go to the game in the first place?Bit of a strange one.

Suppose people will say they have already paid for this season (ST holders)..doesn't mean you have to go though.

i can't understand you boycotting something you enjoy doing but then watching it on the telly. I know you didn't enjoy it as you said earlier you nearly fell asleep but you hung in there until the end.

Ashley makes more money off Sky/BT Broadband than anything else, a Boycott of these companies would surely be better.
24th February 2014 02:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(24th February 2014 02:09 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Does singing " Ashley out " when on tv not create negative press for him?

Ffs why can't people get it, your all supporting him by not doing it, he wants you quiet! He doesn't want nasty songs sang about him! He doesn't want protests! He doesn't want people to stay away!

It would appear that way..I think most on here want him out...but the attendance says otherwise..so I don't think this board is good a barometer of our support as a whole.

I think alot of our fans can't see the big picture..obviously alot of kids will go aswell and you can't blame them as they won't be old enough to know what is going on re the owner.

Sad, sad time to be a Newcastle supporter..but there you go.

One day we will get a decent owner with ambition.
24th February 2014 02:24 PM
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

so did you go, sing nasty songs about him or protest, or did you boycott the game which if you did rules out 2 of your 3 points
24th February 2014 02:33 PM
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team

(24th February 2014 02:24 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(24th February 2014 02:09 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Does singing " Ashley out " when on tv not create negative press for him?

It would appear that way..I think most on here want him out...but the attendance says otherwise..so I don't think this board is good a barometer of our support as a whole.

I think alot of our fans can't see the big picture..obviously alot of kids will go aswell and you can't blame them as they won't be old enough to know what is going on re the owner.

Sad, sad time to be a Newcastle supporter..but there you go.

One day we will get a decent owner with ambition.

The vast majority will continue to support the team. Many have been going for years and it is a huge thing to give up. It is a personal choice for many and I can certainly understand the feelings of those who stay away. I will continue to go to games and enjoy it as best I can.

In many ways, I wish I could give up on Newcastle United but the club is in my blood. I can't see myself giving up any time soon. I want Ashley to leave but it will not happen until somebody offers him what he wants. I think you would struggle to find any fan who supports Mike Ashley's ownership.
(This post was last modified: 24th February 2014 02:40 PM by Demba Ba Humbug.)
24th February 2014 02:39 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

NUFC is in my blood too (literally as a son of a geordie) that doesn't mean you blindly follow when the owner is blatently pissing on you..that's just stupid.

If you really love something or someone..you would make sacrifices for the good of that someone or something..yes? Not do nothing and prolong the suffering.
(This post was last modified: 24th February 2014 02:44 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
24th February 2014 02:44 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Out of curiosity, was anyone here at the MAOC protest at the weekend. If not, why not?
24th February 2014 02:50 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Good point, Steve, lad..
24th February 2014 02:51 PM
Demba Ba Humbug Offline

Reserve Team

The attendance money is pittance compared to what Ashley makes from television and adversing so I doubt a boycott would achieve much.

We have been run by morons for the majority of my lifetime (other than a short period under Sir John Hall). Supporting Newcastle is a huge part of my life and going to games is the one thing I still enjoy about it. I am determined not to let Ashley take that away from me.
24th February 2014 02:54 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Doubt a boycott would achieve much?

How on earth are you going to know unless you try it? I don't buy that argument whatsoever..it is defeatist.

So what if the TV money is more than the attendance money..it's still money! And more than that the negative press of a boycott would snowball.

The fans have more power than people seem to think.
(This post was last modified: 24th February 2014 03:01 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
24th February 2014 02:57 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

(24th February 2014 02:50 PM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Out of curiosity, was anyone here at the MAOC protest at the weekend. If not, why not?

No because I've recently come out of work and can't afford to come up from Manchester to protest to then be mocked by you for doing it.
24th February 2014 03:01 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Well if you live in Manchester that's fair enough. However, those in the locality who feel so strongly and are happy to call matchgoers scabs/wankers/cunts should be going along surely?
24th February 2014 03:05 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

So how far away can you live for it to be acceptable to you to not to go to the protest?
24th February 2014 03:07 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Like I said, in the locality. I'm not going to start drawing up boundaries but if you're close enough to get to the game before you started your boycott then surely you'd be close enough to come on down and support these guys and gals who are standing there with their placards and banners instead of being outraged on messageboards only.
24th February 2014 03:18 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(24th February 2014 03:18 PM)The Steve Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Like I said, in the locality. I'm not going to start drawing up boundaries but if you're close enough to get to the game before you started your boycott then surely you'd be close enough to come on down and support these guys and gals who are standing there with their placards and banners instead of being outraged on messageboards only.

Not going to start drawing up boundaries?

You've just said if you live in Manchester then it's fair enough. Big Grin
24th February 2014 03:26 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

You're doing a pretty good job of avoiding the question like... Wink
24th February 2014 03:42 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

I haven't got to justify to you why I wasn't there.

I am boycotting.

Were you there like.
(This post was last modified: 24th February 2014 03:44 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
24th February 2014 03:43 PM