Hatem on his way out?

Hatem on his way out?

omenator Offline

Owner
Hatem on his way out?

Hatem Ben Arfa’s future at Newcastle United is in doubt after a string of heated exchanges with team-mates and management.

Sportsmail understands club staff have grown increasingly frustrated with the attitude and application of the French playmaker in recent months and are unhappy with his physical shape.

Ben Arfa missed three United fixtures between February and March, during which time he was put on a special training programme in a bid to improve his flagging fitness.

But since his return he has started just once – at Southampton – and was hauled off at the interval as the Magpies crashed to a 4-0 defeat.

Ben Arfa was then involved in dressing-room disputes in the wake of both Saturday’s 1-0 loss at Stoke and the 4-0 drubbing by Manchester United seven days earlier.

Manager Alan Pardew refused to talk about the 27-year-old at the weekend and walked away when asked by Sportsmail if the player was a point of division between himself and supporters.

Indeed, fans chanted for him to be introduced at the Britannia Stadium and he duly emerged from the bench 17 minutes from time.

Ben Arfa, though, looked a sluggish and out-of-shape imitation of the player who has won fan favouritism on Tyneside.

The former Marseille forward – who first joined United on loan in August, 2010 – had even been tipped for a place in the France World Cup squad having appeared at Euro 2012.

But his lack of first-team action – he has started just four league games in 2014 - and a loss of form has put paid to those hopes.

He is contracted to Newcastle until the summer of 2015 but a move away from St James’ Park appears increasingly likely at the end of this season.
15th April 2014 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Hatem on his way out?

Funny how they've only confirmed their suspicions after the Elliot Mag thing.
15th April 2014 05:22 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Well unless we have a change of manager he's not going to get any more consistent is he?

He's been a bit of an enigma anyway since he joined us.

He'll be no great loss.
15th April 2014 06:40 PM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter
Hatem on his way out?

I'm a bit suspicious about this!
15th April 2014 06:40 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

He is a flair player playing under a manager that doesn't know what to do with flair players. KK or BR would have had him flying..simple as that for me.
15th April 2014 07:47 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(15th April 2014 07:47 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He is a flair player playing under a manager that doesn't know what to do with flair players. KK or BR would have had him flying..simple as that for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that
15th April 2014 07:51 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Hatem on his way out?

Is Ben Arfa at fault in anyway?
15th April 2014 08:03 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Hatem on his way out?

Yep for being about 3 stone overweight and not doing what is asked of him on the pitch or having the right attitude, something every tom dick and harry knew about him before we signed him...but thats all Pardews fault apparently.
15th April 2014 08:06 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

(15th April 2014 08:06 PM)Shingles Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Yep for being about 3 stone overweight and not doing what is asked of him on the pitch or having the right attitude, something every tom dick and harry knew about him before we signed him...but thats all Pardews fault apparently.

Bang on, you look at the calibre of managers he's worked under in the past, guess it's all their fault as well he isn't the world beater some people expect him to be
15th April 2014 08:18 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Agreed

But 3 clem ower?
15th April 2014 08:21 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

Shame one of the few decent players we have.
15th April 2014 08:23 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(15th April 2014 07:47 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He is a flair player playing under a manager that doesn't know what to do with flair players. KK or BR would have had him flying..simple as that for me.

So why was Cabeye able to produce every game. All to do with attitude of the player.
15th April 2014 08:55 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(15th April 2014 08:55 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

So why was Cabeye able to produce every game. All to do with attitude of the player.

Cabaye wasn't a flair player.

He didn't produce every game...far from it.
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2014 09:27 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
15th April 2014 09:27 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Hatem on his way out?

TA.......is Ben Arfa at fault or not?
15th April 2014 09:29 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Partly.
15th April 2014 09:30 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Hatem on his way out?

In what way?
15th April 2014 09:31 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(15th April 2014 09:27 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(15th April 2014 08:55 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So why was Cabeye able to produce every game. All to do with attitude of the player.

So we got £20m for a good passer who played well occasionally
15th April 2014 09:32 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(15th April 2014 09:31 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.In what way?

For sometimes taking one two many players on instead of passing etc.

But my point is that a good manager would get the best out of him.

(15th April 2014 09:32 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(15th April 2014 09:27 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(15th April 2014 08:55 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So why was Cabeye able to produce every game. All to do with attitude of the player.

So we got £20m for a good passer who played well occasionally

I never said that..you said he produced every game I don't think he did..that's all.
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2014 09:50 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
15th April 2014 09:49 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Hatem on his way out?

He has played under some good managers though......none of them have been able to turn his undoubted talent into something special

You just have to look at his weight to see that he isn't fully commited.....he's a young lad with world class facilities on hand and he can't be arsed to make the best of them

Some players, regardless of God given talent just can't get their heads right....it's looking increasingly likely that Ben Arfa is one of them

(This post was last modified: 16th April 2014 04:28 AM by McCreery.)
15th April 2014 10:12 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(15th April 2014 10:12 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He has played under some good managers though......none of them have been able to turn his undoubted talent into something special

You just have to look at his weight to see that he isn't fully commited.....he's a young lad with world class facilities on hand and he can't be arsed to make the best of him

Some players, regardless of God given talent just can't get their heads right....it's looking increasingly likely that Ben Arfa is one of them

Did you watch him play consistently when he wasn't at Newcastle?
15th April 2014 10:14 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Hatem on his way out?

I'd never heard of him
15th April 2014 10:17 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

As someone who watches a bit of European football, I had seen a few of his games, yes he is talented but he rarely turned up in the games I saw him in and that same thing has happened at our club
15th April 2014 10:19 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

So how can you say other managers never got the best out of him if you didn't watch him play?

That was to Mac.

He was a young lad then..no where near his prime.
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2014 10:21 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
15th April 2014 10:19 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

The 4 managers he played under had won 10 league titles, 31 cups and a champions league final between them and couldn't get the best out of him and dropped him or sold him, what does that tell you?
15th April 2014 10:23 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Hatem on his way out?

Fair point TA.......I have only read about his days before he joined us but a lot of what I read was about his temperament and his relationship with his team mates

I just think there is enough evidence, both past and present to suggest Ben Arfa isn't that arsed about making the best of his talents....I refer you back to my comment about his weight

(This post was last modified: 15th April 2014 10:29 PM by McCreery.)
15th April 2014 10:27 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

That they didn't rate him...I still think KK or BR would have got the best out of him.

To Om this time lol...need to quote more.
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2014 10:28 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
15th April 2014 10:28 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(15th April 2014 10:19 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So how can you say other managers never got the best out of him if you didn't watch him play?

It's been well documented about his falling out with managers, his fights with other players, refusing to warm up when asked to come on as a sub, his falling out with managers and his attitude in general. I dont think anyone really doubts he has the talent. he just lacks whatever mental strength (or possibly intelligence) it is that could make him brilliant.

You dont have to have seen a player to know what he is like.

I have never seen Pele play but I know he was shit hot.
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2014 10:53 PM by Shingles.)
15th April 2014 10:49 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

(15th April 2014 10:28 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That they didn't rate him...I still think KK or BR would have got the best out of him.

To Om this time lol...need to quote more.

Why do you think they'd get more out of him? I'm not sure what you're basing that on. All that HBA has shown me is that he turns up every ten games and that no fucker can manage him. I'd be disappointed to see him go but it's largely his own doing. He's his own worst enemy which is very sad as he could have been one of the most talented players in the planet if he had the work rate and mindset of those at the top of the game.
15th April 2014 11:06 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

Work rate - fuck that. It's an anti-football notion.

The sad thing is HBA is our best attacking player at present which just highlights the lack of overall quality in the squad. Pardew has reduced the team to a bunch of sweating cloggers so anyone with flair, a bit of panache about them will stand out as a lazy fucker. I wonder how many games Ginola would get under this cunt.

Pardew is succeeding where hippo heed never quite did. He's turning international footballers into average at best players, knocking down their aspirations and brainwashing them into believing they are only mid table at best. Then he tries to gee them up as the plucky under dog playing out of their depth in a league they shouldn't be in. And failing.
16th April 2014 07:32 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

(16th April 2014 07:32 AM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Work rate - fuck that. It's an anti-football notion.

The sad thing is HBA is our best attacking player at present which just highlights the lack of overall quality in the squad. Pardew has reduced the team to a bunch of sweating cloggers so anyone with flair, a bit of panache about them will stand out as a lazy fucker. I wonder how many games Ginola would get under this cunt.

Pardew is succeeding where hippo heed never quite did. He's turning international footballers into average at best players, knocking down their aspirations and brainwashing them into believing they are only mid table at best. Then he tries to gee them up as the plucky under dog playing out of their depth in a league they shouldn't be in. And failing.

Spot on.Summed up perfectly
16th April 2014 08:20 AM