Remy - I want to join a great European club

omenator Offline

Owner

Loic Remy has reaffirmed his desire to join a big team playing in Europe this summer, as his time at Newcastle appears to be coming to an end.

Remy has impressed whilst on a season-long loan from Queens Park Rangers, but Newcastle's chances of keeping him appear slim.

Arsenal and Tottenham have been strongly linked, whilst over the weekend Spanish giants Atletico Madrid were reported to have joined the battle for the 27-year-old - who is understood to have a release clause of just £10million.

"Clubs are discussing with my agent, I'm open for everything," he is quoted by The Sun.

"I want to join a great European club, to play at the highest level.

"Regarding my future, everything is possible, even going back to France.

"I've played for great clubs in France, like Lyon and Marseille."

QPR boss Harry Redknapp said they were not expecting Remy to be back at Loftus Road - even if they are promoted back to the Premier League

"Remy wants to play Champions League football next season, so they tell me," said Redknapp.

"The chances of us keeping him are not great if he's got a buy-out clause."

Remy is currently sidelined with a calf injury which has ruled him out for six weeks and Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is hopeful that he will soon be back.

"He's been running this week, so we'll hopefully get a performance out of him that I think the club and the team need, particularly in terms of confidence," Pardew said.

"To have somebody like that spearheading the team, in the form he was in before he went out - he's so important for us."
15th April 2014 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Remy - I want to join a great European club

With the world cup around the corner I can't see him taking many risks up front between now and the summer. He'll use the games to get fit but I doubt he'll put himself in any potential injury causing situations.

The cheese eating surrender monkey.
15th April 2014 05:26 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Great European Team.

why the fuck go to QPR then.

more money is what he should be saying
15th April 2014 05:42 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Fuck him, he's not that good anyway.
15th April 2014 06:32 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

I think it was obvious from the moment he signed, it was a marriage of convenience and it wasn't a long term thing.If we were in his position and we didn't have an emotional attachment to the club, what would we do.

We are not willing to meet his wages, I would assume.

He has probably noticed the the lack of ambition regarding cups, he has been rested in all them, apart from a 85 minute sub appearance, while 2-1 down to Cardiff.

A top ten finish is the aim, that means no European football

Selling Cabaye

I will give him credit, he has scored the goals that have kept us out of a relegation fight.

I cannot have a go at him.
(This post was last modified: 15th April 2014 06:57 PM by Chris_NUFC.)
15th April 2014 06:56 PM
Wank Pingle Offline

Youth Team

(15th April 2014 06:56 PM)Chris_NUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think it was obvious from the moment he signed, it was a marriage of convenience and it wasn't a long term thing.If we were in his position and we didn't have an emotional attachment to the club, what would we do.

We are not willing to meet his wages, I would assume.

He has probably noticed the the lack of ambition regarding cups, he has been rested in all them, apart from a 85 minute sub appearance, while 2-1 down to Cardiff.

Selling Cabaye

I will give him credit, he has scored the goals that have kept us out of a relegation fight.

I cannot have a go at him.

Why the fuck would anyone of any quality want to stay here, life's too short, good luck to anyone escaping amateurs like Pardew and Ashley.
15th April 2014 07:43 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(15th April 2014 06:56 PM)Chris_NUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He has probably noticed the the lack of ambition regarding cups, he has been rested in all them, apart from a 85 minute sub appearance, while 2-1 down to Cardiff.

Why did he go to QPR then.
15th April 2014 08:57 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

(15th April 2014 08:57 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(15th April 2014 06:56 PM)Chris_NUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He has probably noticed the the lack of ambition regarding cups, he has been rested in all them, apart from a 85 minute sub appearance, while 2-1 down to Cardiff.

A top ten finish is the aim, that means niiiio European football

He had the newspaper upside down when he looked at the league table
15th April 2014 08:59 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

(15th April 2014 08:57 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

[Image: Brown-Bag.jpg]
15th April 2014 09:02 PM
Shingles Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(15th April 2014 08:57 PM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why did he go to QPR then.

At the time I'm guessing Harry said well yep we are spending money on players and we are going to have a really good go in all competitions. Obviously it didnt quite turn out like that though.

Pardew would have said something along the lines of well we are aiming to finish tenth, not buy anyone and sod the cups, they're just a problem we dont need.

And yeah the money does talk.
15th April 2014 09:08 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

(15th April 2014 09:02 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

[Image: Brown-Bag.jpg]

Big Grin
15th April 2014 09:17 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

You edited out my "not willing to meet his wages" which i think answers your question.I think it was obvious at the time why he joined QPR.I am listing the reasons he will not stay with us.
15th April 2014 09:19 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Good luck loic

Youre not that good pal
16th April 2014 07:41 AM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

(16th April 2014 07:41 AM)Rod100 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Good luck loic

Youre not that good pal

I'm not sure he posts here
16th April 2014 10:48 AM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular

Nah. He probably just reads us....
16th April 2014 12:00 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer