We did quite well, give or take 5 minuted

omenator Offline

Owner

John Carver has admitted Newcastle are in the midst of a relegation battle after they slipped to a seventh consecutive Premier League defeat at home to Swansea.

Ayoze Perez’s first goal this calendar year was cancelled out by Nelson Oliveira on the stroke of half-time before Glyfi Sigurdsson and Jack Cork sealed the victory for the travelling Swans.

And, having started the game the brighter of the two sides, Carver was left disappointed as the defeat made him the first manager in the club’s history to lose seven consecutive league games.

“And, give or take five mad minutes just before half-time and just after half-time I think we could have got something out of the game.

“We were 1-0 up we had a great chance when Riviere had a header that gets saved by the goalkeeper and then we shot ourselves in the foot yet again just before half-time. It’s disappointing.

“We know for a fact that we don’t have the biggest of sides and we conceded with a set-play again.

“It’s not as though Swansea opened us up - they haven’t done that, it’s come from a set-play. We’ve got to deal with set-plays a lot better.

“I don’t think Tim Krul had a save to make other than picking the ball out of his net in the first half. He had a bit more to do in the second half and they caused us a few more problems."

Siem de Jong, who made his return to the Newcastle set up after eight months on the sidelines with a collapsed lung, scored a late consolation for the hosts, the one positive Carver took from the game as his side capitulated.

Despite this, Carver praised his side for the character they displayed in trying to get back into the game.

“The one positive I will take it is that we got Siem on the pitch and thankfully he scored,” Carver added.

“When you lose so many games your confidence is going to be hit, but not just the players, everyone around the stadium – they say here we go again.

“But what I will say is that there’s character in the dressing room, they stayed with it and kept going until the end. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough.”
25th April 2015 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter
RE: We did quite well, give or take 5 minuted

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

25th April 2015 07:26 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Indeed.
25th April 2015 07:30 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

Do not underestimate how much of a mess this club is at the moment, frankly, anyone who attends a match deserves all they get! Not wanting to argue with anyone but fuck me, in any other situation in life you wouldn't accept absolute shite and happily pay for it.
25th April 2015 07:33 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(25th April 2015 07:33 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Do not underestimate how much of a mess this club is at the moment, frankly, anyone who attends a match deserves all they get! Not wanting to argue with anyone but fuck me, in any other situation in life you wouldn't accept absolute shite and happily pay for it.

In any other walk of life you'd change for something better - insurance, supermarket etc etc, this isn't an option. Of course I deserve all I get, I new that when I 'signed up', I support a dull, unambitious football club with a twat for an owner, how different from regimes of the past.... Smile
25th April 2015 08:06 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

At least the previous one's milked us properly and made us feel guilty for the club's spiral into sublime indifference. This fucker just takes the biscuit.
25th April 2015 08:14 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

That's all right then.
25th April 2015 08:18 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

You know what I mean Ven. We have, and are, taken for granted. Hopes, aspirations and dreams are a million miles away from Her Majesty's finest pounds.
25th April 2015 08:29 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

(25th April 2015 08:06 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(25th April 2015 07:33 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Do not underestimate how much of a mess this club is at the moment, frankly, anyone who attends a match deserves all they get! Not wanting to argue with anyone but fuck me, in any other situation in life you wouldn't accept absolute shite and happily pay for it.

In any other walk of life you'd change for something better - insurance, supermarket etc etc, this isn't an option. Of course I deserve all I get, I new that when I 'signed up', I support a dull, unambitious football club with a twat for an owner, how different from regimes of the past.... Smile

The option is not handing over money for it ven. I know what you mean though, of course I do, I've been back after saying I wouldn't, but there has to be a point where people just say no. Regimes of the past don't matter, because they've gone, this is now. I just hope the Ashley out people really get stuck in, because if this gets momentum we could actually get rid of the cunt, targeting his tat shops is long overdue and the way to go imo.
25th April 2015 08:37 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(25th April 2015 08:37 PM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(25th April 2015 08:06 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

The option is not handing over money for it ven. I know what you mean though, of course I do, I've been back after saying I wouldn't, but there has to be a point where people just say no. Regimes of the past don't matter, because they've gone, this is now. I just hope the Ashley out people really get stuck in, because if this gets momentum we could actually get rid of the cunt, targeting his tat shops is long overdue and the way to go imo.

And good luck to them all, everyone has a point when they can take no more, including me, but I just feel bemused that being shafted by an outsider is somehow different from being shafted by your own over decades. The day the fat bastard leaves here will be a day for celebration, but I also believe that that day will only arrive when he decides, not us. If subsequent events prove me wrong then i'll be back on here taking the flak, I can assure you of that.
People who've walked away have my admiration, but i've long passed the point when I expect someone to come in and exploit the potential up here, if they wont do it now when the game is dripping in money, then I can't see it happening at all tbh.
25th April 2015 08:55 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

i've long passed the point when I expect someone to come in and exploit the potential up here,

coughs....
25th April 2015 09:01 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I rather meant for our benefit, not theirs. Vast amount of beer at the match followed by bottles of home brew wine rather take the edge off a person's editing capabilities.
25th April 2015 09:08 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

Ven.....are you getting anything from the matches these days?

The commentators mentioned a couple of times today what an eerie quiet there was.

The fans who are attending don't seem to be getting behind the team.....it's all very weird
25th April 2015 09:21 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

Understood.
25th April 2015 09:22 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(25th April 2015 09:21 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ven.....are you getting anything from the matches these days?

The commentators mentioned a couple of times today what an eerie quiet there was.

The fans who are attending don't seem to be getting behind the team.....it's all very weird

Not much, but you tend not to when things are just drifting along, and over my watching career that probably accounts for about 70% of it at this stage of the season. If I was to take a rational view I should have jacked it in 25 years ago.

There was actually some efforts to boost things along, particularly after we scored, then towards the end in the gallowgate it was "you fat bastard get out of our club" and "We're shit and we're sick of it".
(This post was last modified: 25th April 2015 09:42 PM by Venegoor.)
25th April 2015 09:40 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

The irony of paying to go and singing that last song you mention.

I went to Wigan away once under Allardyce and sang it like..I have to admit.
(This post was last modified: 25th April 2015 09:46 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
25th April 2015 09:44 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(25th April 2015 09:44 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.The irony of paying to go and singing that last song you mention.

I went to Wigan away once under Allardyce and sang it like..I have to admit.

It sort of loses its effect if you sing it when you're not there.
25th April 2015 09:50 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Er..if your sick of it don't go?
25th April 2015 09:55 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

Really?

Silence is deafening
25th April 2015 09:55 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(25th April 2015 09:55 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Er..if your sick of it don't go?

But I insist on the club knowing it.
25th April 2015 09:57 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(25th April 2015 09:57 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(25th April 2015 09:55 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Er..if your sick of it don't go?

You didn't mention singing it.
25th April 2015 10:04 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(25th April 2015 10:04 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(25th April 2015 09:57 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

You didn't mention singing it.

Again, much alcohol is dulling my editing abilities, I sang it, but I sense we're going round in circles here.
25th April 2015 10:13 PM