Newcastle owner Ashley won't budge from asking price

Thread Closed 

rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley will not budge from his £100 million asking price.

The Daily Star says Ashley is well aware he is sitting on a potential £60m windfall if Newcastle, the current Championship leaders, win promotion and regain Premier League status at the first attempt.

But sources close to the sports magnate claim he will walk away from the club, providing the £100m valuation is met and he receives certain assurances from would-be buyers. So far, however, none of the consortiums interested in taking over has come close to meeting that figure.

Geordie businessman Barry Moat remains in open dialogue with Ashley and will resume talks next week – but there are serious concerns over Moat’s financial muscle.

So what does this say for Lambiarse who stated that 3 bids have met the valuation of the club. What a fucking clem this bloke is.
8th October 2009 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

He is undoubtedly a bare faced liar, but I wouldnt necessarily believe the Star either.
8th October 2009 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
al1901 Offline

Youth Team

Don't know why we're surprised, the tribunal last week confirmed what we all knew - the Cockney Mafia openly lie!

Quite what these "assurances" are that ©Ashley is looking for one does wonder. I caught that last couple of seconds of the Sky mouthpiece Diddy David Craig yesterday saying that Ashley would only sell to a consortium that would take the club forward. How Ashley can say this considering that he has moved the club backwards beggars belief. But as he has no credibility, then yet again why should we be surprised?

Like many others, I wish he would just fuck off and let the club re-build under another owner!
8th October 2009 12:13 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Thats what pissing me off he can prob could sell it the morn but he wants too much for us..

Or like other said he wont sell untill we get in the prem but how much would we be worth in the prem.?

He wont get the money he was asking last time like 300mil for us..

Thats what fucking me off the price he's put on us greedy cunt,

That pissed up cunt on the legends last night was kicking off saying newcastle arn't a 100mil club in the fizzy pop league and this lad was trying to get through to him about the fans and crowd but he woudn't listen saying crowds got nothing to do with newcastle

cause it has you fucking knob the fans pay the money to watch them and buy all the pies and drink in shearer bar..

unless he was going on about season tickets..

good player but fucking knob as a person...
8th October 2009 12:13 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:That pissed up cunt on the legends last night was kicking off saying newcastle arn't a 100mil club in the fizzy pop league

We aren't worth anywhere near £100m if thats what whisky mac was on about. The only thing we have going for us to any potential new owner is the crowds we get.
8th October 2009 12:59 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

But can you see mike ashley accepting like 80mil for us ..

what you think we are worth if the likes of brummy bastards are sold for 80mil and portsmouth yes i know there in the prem but we are far bigger than both them clubs and in less of debt as well..

but supermac does talk some shite like on there im tempted to phone him to correct him on a few things but i prob get cutt off within a min....
8th October 2009 01:19 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Honest m8 we were overvalued at the time of ashley buying us so now we are in the fizzy pop league surely we are worth even less.

He paid £134m for the club and as NE1 rightly stated on another thread the club was bought way way over the price that the club was worth so if someone offered ashley £80m he should snatch their hands off.

Difference with Brum is they are a premier league club m8 and we are not, look at West Ham they are valued at £100m which nobody is prepared to pay and they are a London club so they should be worth a bit more.
8th October 2009 01:28 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

If the club said today was thursday i'd double check, but the fact is, as long as we are top of the table, Ashley is in a good bargaining position. The Star know this, and use the old 'insider' shite to basically state the obvious about Ashley wanting his price. The tide will turn if we lose a couple games and panic sets in, then we'll see what he's made of. My own feeling is that he wont sell for one penny less than 100 mil whilst we are winning, with additional bonuses if we go up. Anybody meeting the price would get 2/3 of their investment back upon promotion before a ball was kicked.
8th October 2009 01:30 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Another reason for people to step up with protests to force him out..

I know keith banned from football but would love someone else to get his banner and take it back to st james...
8th October 2009 02:00 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Lucian Wrote:Another reason for people to step up with protests to force him out..

I know keith banned from football but would love someone else to get his banner and take it back to st james...

There wont be any protests as long as we're winning, which after all, is what we all want. I just want us to be in with a shout of being successful, run by someone who just writes cheques and shuts the fuck up, if that's Ashley or Pol Pot i'm not bothered.
8th October 2009 02:05 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

But we got to force him out even if its outside m8. let every fucker know on tv its for real..
8th October 2009 02:58 PM
Daveshotton Offline

Youth Team

I know Pompey are in the shit fiancially and we have a bigger fanbase, but they are in the magical land of the Premier league with the 'Big 4' and 'Super Sunday' and they were bought out for 5m quid by that dodgy guy weren't they?
8th October 2009 03:09 PM
toonarmy09 Offline

Reserve Team

didnt john hall say he sold to ashley cos he was the right man to take us forward

yeah hally pocket your millions and get off scott free

john hall stand should be renamed sir bobby robson stand cos the halls sold us down the river and the cunts are as bad as ashley in my eyes
8th October 2009 07:08 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

toonarmy09 Wrote:didnt john hall say he sold to ashley cos he was the right man to take us forward

yeah hally pocket your millions and get off scott free

john hall stand should be renamed sir bobby robson stand cos the halls sold us down the river and the cunts are as bad as ashley in my eyes

Cant agree with that. Everybody at the time was over the moon a Uk Billionaire was our new owner.

As much as you dislike the Halls, you cant blame them for Ashleys doing.
8th October 2009 07:19 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

I reckon some of us were unsure of his intentions.. me included..

for a start he never came out and laid out his plans for the club.. it was silence from the very beggining, well apart from drips and drabs coming from that lying cunt Mort..
8th October 2009 08:10 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

He did lay out his plans.

5 year plan. Can't remember what the aim was, but I think it was regular champions league football?
8th October 2009 08:12 PM
Daveshotton Offline

Youth Team

Managing director Derek Llambias told the Chronicle: “In five years’ time I would hope we would be challenging for everything.

“We hope to be like an Aston Villa.

“But you need to have solid grounding under your feet.

“You need that – it should have been built years ago.

“We inherited so much.

“We’re knocking down walls and rebuilding.”

Fucks sake.
8th October 2009 08:44 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Aye, there's the five year plan.

I have to be honest and say I backed Ashley and co with the 5 year plan, didn't see a problem with it.

But then they fucked things up.
8th October 2009 08:48 PM

Thread Closed