Mitrovic

Mitrovic

McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

What do you think Rafas reasoning is for not selling him to another Premier League club??
26th January 2018 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Mitrovic

Might be a ploy to get them to pay more..he said if they bid 50 mil?
26th January 2018 10:23 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

He doesn't trust Mitro in his system, but doesn't want him to work in our rivals.
26th January 2018 10:52 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Unacceptable for me Ven......he's risking our premiership survival by not playing a bloke who he thinks can do a job at another PL club

Its more about Rafas weaknesses than Mitrovics for me

Im very, very cross about this one
26th January 2018 11:07 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(26th January 2018 11:07 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Unacceptable for me Ven......he's risking our premiership survival by not playing a bloke who he thinks can do a job at another PL club

Good point that Mac..i.ll give you that one ?
but there's still the bigger picture..?

Staveley"....if Rafa wasn't here I'd have fucked off ages ago....hit the north !!
(This post was last modified: 26th January 2018 11:33 PM by carters.)
26th January 2018 11:23 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(26th January 2018 11:07 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Unacceptable for me Ven......he's risking our premiership survival by not playing a bloke who he thinks can do a job at another PL club

It's all about trust Mac, managers at this level need to trust players to carry out their instructions and clearly Rafa doesn't trust Mitro, as he doesn't seem to trust M'Bemba. He clearly has the CV to warrant that ability to spot players that just don't meet his criteria, despite supporter's opinions, and he's hardly alone in that regard in his profession. Sometimes they're proved right sometimes not, that's the decisions they have to make and justify. I never saw Mitro as a double figure scorer at the Prem level personally, he's like a crackerjack waiting to go off and getting himself sent off, he lacks discipline.
As for not selling him to a rival in our situation, I think it's a bit of kidology as part of a sales pitch in that he wont let him go cheap, I have no doubt that if brighton had offered 25 mil he'd be on the plane down there now.
26th January 2018 11:34 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

(26th January 2018 10:14 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What do you think Rafas reasoning is for not selling him to another Premier League club??

Because if he goes, there is no guarantee of a replacement.
27th January 2018 12:15 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

If they offered £25m, Rafa would have chauffeured him doon, hisell..
27th January 2018 12:17 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

For whatever reason he's not going to be leading our line. He should be allowed to leave and play somewhere where is going to play.
27th January 2018 12:22 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(27th January 2018 12:15 AM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(26th January 2018 10:14 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What do you think Rafas reasoning is for not selling him to another Premier League club??

He's not saying he cant go......he's saying he cant go to a PL club

Having said that he's said he can go for 50 million

Im not exactly sure who Rafa is ripping the piss out of
(This post was last modified: 27th January 2018 07:23 AM by McCreery.)
27th January 2018 12:36 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

I would flog him to the highest bidder, he's hardly gonna suddenly start banging in the goals for brighton is he? orany fucker else because the english game is too fast and just passes him by which is probably part of the reason why he ends up elbowing some poor fucker, pure frustration because he is well aware that a £14m striker, or any striker for that matter, is judged on one thing....GOALS! and he isn't capable at this level of sticking the ball in the net often enough, there's times a good cross flashed across the goal mouth and he would be just running into the box, zero awareness, he is lazy also and cant be bothered to run a lot to try and find space and drag the opposition defence around.

I must admit I often find it fucking stupid when Arsing Wanker constantly sells his best players to fellow champions league contenders, dafuq?, sanchez, van persie chamberlain clichy gallas toure cole nasri adebayor etc.............but these were all players who had made their mark in one way or another for Arsenal, whereas mitrovic has had his chance and fucked up so if anyone is daft enough to want him , just get rid and do us all a facking favour. Rolleyes
27th January 2018 12:38 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(27th January 2018 12:36 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(27th January 2018 12:15 AM)NE1 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Im honestly not sure exactly who Rafa is ripping the piss out of

Where has all this been said like?
27th January 2018 02:17 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Some interesting comments in there as well
27th January 2018 07:31 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

I think Rafa abused Mc as a child.
27th January 2018 10:52 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Big Grin

(27th January 2018 02:17 AM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(27th January 2018 12:36 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Im honestly not sure exactly who Rafa is ripping the piss out of

Where has all this been said like?

he said it at the presser yesterday also said january tranfer window should be halved to 15 days as it only unsettles players
(This post was last modified: 27th January 2018 11:16 AM by WilloTheWimp.)
27th January 2018 11:13 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Ah come on Sal...

Are any of my views on Rafa that outlandish?

Iare these not questions that should be asked of Benitez rather than making excuses up for him

I'm not aware that Mitrovic's disciplinary record was a problem at Anderlect or indeed for his country but its surprising how many fans are willing to become Rafas spokesman
27th January 2018 11:30 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

Smile

Just playing Mc.

Though I know Mitro did have a disciplinary issues at Anderlecht, I think it was Craig Hope banking on about it saying how he was amazed the club supposedly did their research and were then surprised by how much of a radgy he is.

I just dont think he is very good, and he is crackers. I would love him to success with us but his performances last season were appalling.
27th January 2018 11:45 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

I couldnt give a shite if he's succesful or not here to be honest

My only real point about him regarding this season is that he could conceivably have 4 or 5 goals which could quite well have made all the difference. I wouldn't be banging his drum so much if it was Shearer and Ferdinand keeping him out but he is certainly no worse than Joselu and Gayle

I see it as Rafas problem that he hasnt been able to work with him and sort something

to then stop him from moving to another PL club for fear of what difference he might make is the ultimate fuckin piss take
27th January 2018 11:53 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

Hmmmm.

I think Rafa is often overly stubborn when it comes to players, one of his 'cons' so to say, but I dont disagree with him not selling to a relegation rival. I wouldnt.
27th January 2018 11:55 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

I would...if he was as shit as Rafa thinks he is
27th January 2018 12:07 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Rafa doesn’t play Mitro, because he can’t trust him to do what he needs him to effectively.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t come back to haunt us at another club though.

The lad can clearly score goals, as he is doing for his country, but he hasn’t done that consistently for us.

Why take the chance though that he fits in better at a different PL side?

We don’t need to & I agree with that, he either goes abroad or if a PL club wants him we up the price or he stays and we’ll use him if we really have to.
27th January 2018 12:31 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

has Benitez told you he doesn't trust him

Presumably Benitez must trust Joselu to follow a game plan?.......whats gone wrong there then?
27th January 2018 12:41 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Well Benitez hasn’t told you he is shit either as you state above Wink
27th January 2018 12:47 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

No, you're right he hasn't
27th January 2018 12:52 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I think it’s safe to say though, rightly or wrongly Rafa doesn’t think he fits in with what he wants.

Personally, from my point of view, I think the lad is not good enough for the PL and didn’t exactly pull up any trees in the Championship.

Is he better than Joselu? They are both similarly rubbish.

Gayle has proved he can’t cut it in the PL, but is probably our best bet of scoring a goal.

We need at least two new strikers.
27th January 2018 12:56 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(27th January 2018 11:30 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ah come on Sal...

Are any of my views on Rafa that outlandish?

Iare these not questions that should be asked of Benitez rather than making excuses up for him

I'm not aware that Mitrovic's disciplinary record was a problem at Anderlect or indeed for his country but its surprising how many fans are willing to become Rafas spokesman

I'm not his spokesman Mac, but you asked for an subjective opinion about Rafa's treatment of Mitro. Clearly I don't know Rafa any more than you do, but all I did was try and provide an explanation in the spirit of the thread title. I too am baffled at Mitro's exclusion, but all I can do is to trust the judgement of a bloke who has been successful at what he does. His stubbornness on the matter is no different to any other manager really, they all have egos and don't like being proved wrong despite all the evidence in front of them.
For the record I'd have given Mitro at least a run of 3 or 4 games to at least make a case for himself, but as he was bought by someone else then Rafa is going to back his own signing in the position. I don't think he rates Mitro as 15 mil but it's purely a case of recouping as much of the fee as possible, rather than a recognition of his own valuation of the player. I think the not selling to a relegation rival quote is largely part of the negotiation, as he is fully aware that if brighton where daft enough to offer 20 mil or so he'd be on the next flight down there.
27th January 2018 01:02 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

What's all this obsession with players being good lumberjacks?
27th January 2018 01:14 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

I get the whole 'trust' issue you mentioned earlier Ven but then the obvious question is what is being gained by persevering with Joselu for so long. He obviously trusts him but his trust is not bearing fruit

you then mention egos which is where my frustration lies.....If Rafa is stubbornly excluding the likes of Mbemba and Mitro for petty little personal reasons then he is playing a direct part in our struggle for survival

Just to clarify....his quote was that Mitro is not going to another PL club for less than 50 million (not just to a relegation rival)
27th January 2018 01:20 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(27th January 2018 01:20 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I get the whole 'trust' issue you mentioned earlier Ven but then the obvious question is what is being gained by persevering with Joselu for so long. He obviously trusts him but his trust is not bearing fruit

you then mention egos which is where my frustration lies.....If Rafa is stubbornly excluding the likes of Mbemba and Mitro for petty little personal reasons then he is playing a direct part in our struggle for survival

Just to clarify....his quote was that Mitro is not going to another PL club for less than 50 million (not just to a relegation rival)

I get frustrated as well, because despite my marked lack of coaching badges even I can see that joselu is modest at best. Now, it may be a case that if he plays alongside this new striker we clearly need then that will improve his game, and he'll start scoring, something I doubt personally.
as for 50 mil, fuck me, even i'd come out of retirement for that.
27th January 2018 01:26 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Mitrovic is pony.

Joselu is pony.

Rafa prefers Joselu.

Even with time running out in the transfer window and shit options available to say the least, Rafa brought in Joselu.

If he even thought Mitro was any sort of danger in the Premier League, he may have spent the money elsewhere.

Top & Bottom of it, the Manager does not fancy Mitro, clear and simple as that.

....and to be fair, if you can’t oust Joselu, then you should be nowhere near the Premier League.
27th January 2018 02:32 PM