Mitrovic

Mitrovic

McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Theres no further proof to back the temperament thing up though - I dont think hes been sent off since he left us has he

Of course it ultimately comes back to Ashley but if a manager sells a player and then replaces said player with someone he knows for a fact will not be made permanant there is direct blame to be laid

Benitez obviously cannot be blamed for Joelinton but his short term fix attitude left us in a worse state than when he came

Not forgetting the forgetable Slimani loan deal while Mitrovic was banging them in for Fulham
(This post was last modified: 22nd July 2020 09:04 PM by McCreery.)
22nd July 2020 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Mitrovic

In the Championship, massive difference.
22nd July 2020 09:16 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Compare Mitrovics PL record to Rondons
22nd July 2020 09:18 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

It doesn’t really matter what he did since he left disciplinary wise, perhaps he’s learnt. All I remember is him with us was him being fucking stupid. Whether it wa for McClown or Benitez. His performance against West Ham summed him - brilliant for 20 minutes, scores, then banned for three games for thumping a player for no reason at all.

There was an interview with Mitrovic last season saying how well he got on with Benitez and it was circumstances that it didn’t work out. I suspect the circumstance was, there was no chance of moulding him, Benitez needed a player he could trust as there was no room to have a player in the squad to nurture. Is that Benitez’s fault? No, that’ll be Mike Ashley.

I doubt Benitez would have only wanted to sign Rondon on loan if he’d had the choice. Even his temporary signing was a saga.

I doubt we’d have gone near Slimani if we’d had the choice. For Slimani in 2018 read Bentaleb in 2020.

I do find you curious Mc. You hammer Ashely, rightly so as we all do (Well most of us) unless it when Benitez was in charge when everything was his fault.

I know you’re view is he took the pressure off Ashely, but ultimately he saw what we all see, and hopefully the Saudis do to, that this is a club ripe for the taking and just need the blue touch paper lit. Benitez wanted that, just wasn’t back by the scumbag in charge.
22nd July 2020 09:21 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

I suppose it boils down to Benitez asking for the job

He did so with absolutely no guarantees he was going to be allowed to build - I can only imagine it was his ego that let him believe otherwise

The imaginary rejuvenation of the club under him will always stick in my throat

His football was absolutely shocking and yet he is seen as some kind of legend - for what exactly??
(This post was last modified: 23rd July 2020 09:53 AM by McCreery.)
22nd July 2020 09:29 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter
Mitrovic

We should’ve kept Mitro.
22nd July 2020 09:31 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(22nd July 2020 09:29 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He did so with absolutely no guarantees he was going to be allowed to build - I can only imagine it was his ego that let him believe otherwise

I'm sure he was given some guarantees by ashley that there was money and he wanted us to compete and win trophies and shit, otherwise he wouldnt have took the job.....my only criticism of benitez is that he was daft enough to believe it all after he must have been aware of how ashley stitched KK up in the same way..... lies, empty promises, bullshit.
23rd July 2020 01:43 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

I'm sure he wasn't
23rd July 2020 02:09 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

10th march 2016

Quote:"the club is expected to formally put a contract on the table for Benitez once McClaren has been dismissed.

AS also report that Benitez – who previously managed in the Premier League with Liverpool and Chelsea – will be given "full powers" by United.

The 55-year-old has been looking for reassurances over recruitment and the club's ambitions."
23rd July 2020 02:43 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Yeah - I'm sure Rafas agent / legal team were perfectly happy with 'full powers' and told him to sign on the dotted line
23rd July 2020 04:39 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

The old, ' Kevin Keegan ' full powers agreement....
23rd July 2020 04:58 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(23rd July 2020 04:39 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Yeah - I'm sure Rafas agent / legal team were perfectly happy with 'full powers' and told him to sign on the dotted line

cheers...i knew you'd come round to my way of thinking eventually Rolleyes

jinksy, KK can be forgiven for taking ashley at face value and believing everything he promsed him...at that particular time we all loved mike remember? ...toon top on his back, cheering the team on in amongst the fans, suppin off a full pint in seconds flat, weyyyy he's just one of the lads.

But rafa should have done his homework and read up on KK's court case...that way he would have discovered he's a fat manipulative greedy lying cockney cant
23rd July 2020 06:14 PM