Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Any striker
1st June 2018 02:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

That was proven, when Gullett fucked off and Bobby came in with Shearer...
1st June 2018 05:35 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Mitrovic

Torres with Rafa at Liverpool.
1st June 2018 12:15 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Price tag is £20m
1st June 2018 03:20 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

His stock had dropped to about £7m when he joined fulham, 12 goals in 17 games later and he's suddenly priced at three times that. it's a funny old game.
2nd June 2018 09:11 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

There really isn't such a thing as a player valuation, it's about what you can get away with as a seller, and finding a mug as a buyer.
If he scores once at the World Cup you can stick another 5 mil on the asking price.
(This post was last modified: 2nd June 2018 11:43 AM by Venegoor.)
2nd June 2018 11:32 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Or if he'd gone to Fulham and scored zero goals in 17 games and could therefore be valued at £2m.
2nd June 2018 11:38 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Aye....if Shearer hadn't have scored 260 goals he would have been shit
2nd June 2018 11:43 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(2nd June 2018 11:38 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Or if he'd gone to Fulham and scored zero goals in 17 games and could therefore be valued at £2m.

Exactly, but that doesn't mean that that is what you'd get for him. If it was a choice between him and Joselu (which it may yet turn out to be) then it's Mitro for me, but as his face doesn't fit here, then it matters little.
It makes me laugh when players are farmed out on loan as being not up to it, then the club demand a ridiculous fee for him, if he's worth that, then play him don't sell him! The transfer system is largely a construct for sports channels anyway, and is for amusement only.
(This post was last modified: 2nd June 2018 11:48 AM by Venegoor.)
2nd June 2018 11:48 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

A post from mcreery certainly is a collectors item, normally only happens after a post by either sal or Leazes Loyal, probably the only two who he thinks are on "his level"......which is quite an insult to both of them, if you ask me. Big Grin

(2nd June 2018 11:48 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(2nd June 2018 11:38 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Or if he'd gone to Fulham and scored zero goals in 17 games and could therefore be valued at £2m.

Exactly, but that doesn't mean that that is what you'd get for him. If it was a choice between him and Joselu (which it may yet turn out to be) then it's Mitro for me, but as his face doesn't fit here, then it matters little.
It makes me laugh when players are farmed out on loan as being not up to it, then the club demand a ridiculous fee for him, if he's worth that, then play him don't sell him! The transfer system is largely a construct for sports channels anyway, and is for amusement only.

but every player has his price so to speak, carroll was valued nowhere near £35m, but that was a a one off, I'm sure Raf knows the price tag of every one of his players.....even the ronnie gill knew last year Rolleyes

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(This post was last modified: 2nd June 2018 11:58 AM by WilloTheWimp.)
2nd June 2018 11:48 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Hehehe....coming from the bloke who struggles with the simple logic that a strikers valuation will go up the more goals he scores

It is a tuffy like
(This post was last modified: 2nd June 2018 12:32 PM by McCreery.)
2nd June 2018 12:32 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(2nd June 2018 12:32 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hehehe....coming from the bloke who struggles with the simple logic that a strikers valuation will go up the more goals he scores

It is a tuffy like

shuddup man Big Grin

did gayles price triple after scoring for fun in the championship season? Did it fuck....Why? because the goals were scored in the shit league, therefore the hiking of mitros price from £7m to £20m although very pleasing is also a tad ridiculous.
2nd June 2018 12:40 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(2nd June 2018 11:48 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.A post from mcreery certainly is a collectors item, normally only happens after a post by either sal or Leazes Loyal, probably the only two who he thinks are on "his level"......which is quite an insult to both of them, if you ask me. Big Grin

(2nd June 2018 11:48 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

but every player has his price so to speak, carroll was valued nowhere near £35m, but that was a a one off, I'm sure Raf knows the price tag of every one of his players.....even the ronnie gill knew last year Rolleyes

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Of course every player has a price, that's why the transfer system exists, but there's a huge difference between 'value' and 'worth', which is why the transfer system is ludicrous in every way, all it is, is an amusing sideshow created entirely as part of the theatre of football.
2nd June 2018 12:42 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(2nd June 2018 12:42 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(2nd June 2018 11:48 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.A post from mcreery certainly is a collectors item, normally only happens after a post by either sal or Leazes Loyal, probably the only two who he thinks are on "his level"......which is quite an insult to both of them, if you ask me. Big Grin

Of course every player has a price, that's why the transfer system exists, but there's a huge difference between 'value' and 'worth', which is why the transfer system is ludicrous in every way, all it is, is an amusing sideshow created entirely as part of the theatre of football.

Which in many ways makes you appreciate having such a sensible owner who refuses to be dragged in to such fuss and nonsense.
2nd June 2018 12:50 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

5 mil for Joselu? There's a case lost right there, paid at least twice over the odds Smile
2nd June 2018 01:18 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

...apart from that Confused

but generally we rarely get fucked over by players agents and shit since mike took control
2nd June 2018 01:24 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Did you really just go down the "sensible owner" route to try and prove another of your half baked theories?
2nd June 2018 01:27 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

it's fact
2nd June 2018 01:30 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Go on.....
2nd June 2018 01:32 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Think Owen and luque, boumsong and a fair few others that shepherd sanctiond with souness all on astronomical wages, all flopped
That doesn't happen now the likes of sissoko, gini etc all sold on for a profit, we paid far too much for mitro imo at £14m but again we are looking like making a profit on him aswell,...yes mike is a greedy cunt but he has got the spending under control, shepherds heart was in the right place but was a loose cannon throwing money around that we clearly didn't have
2nd June 2018 01:39 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

So your idea of sensible ownership of a football club is to make a profit in the majority of transfer windows and to fuck with ever being able to truly compete
2nd June 2018 02:30 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

no no, those are your words not mine, thanks

Sensible in terms of not getting sucked into a price war and paying way over the odds for players....ie £17m for Owen, £9m for Luque, and the dodgy £9m for boumsong (who we sold a year later for £4m)
2nd June 2018 02:44 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

That's fair enough Willo, but there are times when a little extra cash could have secured deals for players, those players may have kept us up and he wouldn't have had to add another £15m onto his loan to the club. Or those players may have been sold for a lot more now, i.e. Lacazette, Aubameyang.

So by saving a few quid here and there, it has possibly cost him more in the long run.

There's a balance to it - you obviously don't want to overspend or pay "whatever it takes" cause then you could end up in trouble, but Ashley has been way too cautious in most cases.
(This post was last modified: 2nd June 2018 04:22 PM by richyNUFC.)
2nd June 2018 04:21 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(2nd June 2018 04:21 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That's fair enough Willo, but there are times when a little extra cash could have secured deals for players, those players may have kept us up and he wouldn't have had to add another £15m onto his loan to the club. Or those players may have been sold for a lot more now, i.e. Lacazette, Aubameyang.

So by saving a few quid here and there, it has possibly cost him more in the long run.

There's a balance to it - you obviously don't want to overspend or pay "whatever it takes" cause then you could end up in trouble, but Ashley has been way too cautious in most cases.

i'm not defending him richy, far from it, the point i'm making is he will not throw silly money at a player in the fashion that the liverpool bosses sanctioned the £35m for carroll, two thirds of the torres money spunked on that daft get, i can't remember what the opening bid was but to offer more and more and more was just madness.
2nd June 2018 04:53 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Nah....what you are doing willow is defining a greedy fat cunt, interested only in his own back balance, willing to milk the club for all it is worth as being a sensible owner

Sensible owners don't risk relegation every season by making a profit in the transfer windows
2nd June 2018 05:16 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

To not be held to ransom by players and their agents is sensible, regardless of all his penny-pinching in other ways..... How would you feel if we paid 30mil for a waster like sissoko for example, would that be Sensible.....
2nd June 2018 05:35 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(2nd June 2018 04:53 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i'm not defending him richy, far from it, the point i'm making is he will not throw silly money at a player in the fashion that the liverpool bosses sanctioned the £35m for carroll, two thirds of the torres money spunked on that daft get, i can't remember what the opening bid was but to offer more and more and more was just madness.

Yeah, he doesn't throw silly money about. Trouble is, he often doesn't get his wallet out at all.

It's very easy to avoid overspending, when you do very little spending in the first place.
2nd June 2018 05:38 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(2nd June 2018 05:38 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(2nd June 2018 04:53 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i'm not defending him richy, far from it, the point i'm making is he will not throw silly money at a player in the fashion that the liverpool bosses sanctioned the £35m for carroll, two thirds of the torres money spunked on that daft get, i can't remember what the opening bid was but to offer more and more and more was just madness.

Yeah, he doesn't throw silly money about. Trouble is, he often doesn't get his wallet out at all.

It's very easy to avoid overspending, when you do very little spending in the first place.

I know, but when he does splash out like as i mentioned gini sissoko, thauvin, mitro, gayle, ritchie...we can look at those prices he paid for those players and think that's a very reasonable price, ....with shepherd it was reckless spending not only transfer fees but owen on £110k a week, luque pulling 90k a week fuck sake man just throwing good money after bad , robbing peter to pay paul, such a false economy with £70m in debt!!!

I for one never want us to have so many overpriced players earning a kings ransom like that ever again......
2nd June 2018 09:19 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

No, but it would be nice to have a few more "well paid" players, worthy of their wage.

It was only a couple of years ago that the likes of Sissoko, Gini, Thauvin, Janmaat etc were criticised for being overpaid and "not trying" when we were relegated. They might not have cost much and we managed to make a profit on them, but for their actual contribution to the club, it can't be considered to be all that "sensible"?
2nd June 2018 10:07 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(2nd June 2018 10:07 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.No, but it would be nice to have a few more "well paid" players, worthy of their wage.

It was only a couple of years ago that the likes of Sissoko, Gini, Thauvin, Janmaat etc were criticised for being overpaid and "not trying" when we were relegated. They might not have cost much and we managed to make a profit on them, but for their actual contribution to the club, it can't be considered to be all that "sensible"?

You've just contradicted yourself mate, not one of those players cost the club a ludicrous amount of money therefore they can be classed as "sensible" signings....the fact that they didn't perform as well as they should have doesn't change that, mike ashley has no interest in football but has the "sense" not to pay £35m for a player worth about £10m as Liverpool did, or £30m for a player worth about £5m like Spurs did.....that is the only point i'm making.
(This post was last modified: 3rd June 2018 05:43 AM by WilloTheWimp.)
3rd June 2018 05:23 AM