Mitrovic

Mitrovic

McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Few things as I see it......

He's playing in the Championship so obviously gonna find it easier

He was never given a chance in the Championship under Rafa and was always a bit part player while Gayle was notching them up

Obviously Rafa doesnt like him and it seems nothing is going to change there but that is Rafas issue by my reckoning - I think Mitrovic initially came into the Premier League with the idea he was going to have to be a big strong lad in order to make the step up. He quickly got a reputation and seemed fairly easy to wind up. That is where the manager comes in. He can either try and help him or ostracise him.

I was surprised to read that Benitez talks to Shelvey on a daily basis regarding attitude and mentality - I wonder if Mitrovic was offered the same

He's now playing for a club where the manager clearly thinks a lot of him and it looks like Mitro is starting to reward that

This one has always been a real issue for me and I think Benitez has dropped a real bollock by not showing a bit more faith
(This post was last modified: 25th February 2018 12:22 PM by McCreery.)
25th February 2018 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

Another factor could be that Fulham are playing a style that accommodate's him whereas we're not.
25th February 2018 12:35 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Mitrovic

He played 20 odd championship games for us and never scored goals like that, wolves are as close to a premiership team as you can get and for both goals yesterday they couldnt handle him, big mistake not giving him a go this season and bringing in a crock as a replacement to boot. Rolleyes
25th February 2018 12:36 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

i was just thinking, how much of a fuck off would it be if Mitros goals fired fulham to promotion and our lack of goals sent us down? ConfusedConfused
25th February 2018 06:00 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

Mitro scores again, Fulham lead at Derby....
3rd March 2018 03:14 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Aye. Mitro is on fire.

But we never had any doubts about that in the championship.
3rd March 2018 03:59 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Well we sort of did cos Benitez didnt trust him much in that league either
3rd March 2018 04:50 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Has he been sent off yet?
4th March 2018 12:54 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

I'm not telling you. Look it up, it's not hard to do you lazy bastard!
4th March 2018 01:36 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Ive looked it up thanks
4th March 2018 02:16 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

so what its in the shit league, his goals have come against sides who are top or in and around the play off places he's making rafa look like a bit of a twit and long may it continue Big Grin
4th March 2018 03:05 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(4th March 2018 02:16 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Ive looked it up thanks

Has he been sent off yet?
4th March 2018 03:14 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Pfft
4th March 2018 03:50 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(25th February 2018 12:12 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Few things as I see it......

He's playing in the Championship so obviously gonna find it easier

He was never given a chance in the Championship under Rafa and was always a bit part player while Gayle was notching them up

Obviously Rafa doesnt like him and it seems nothing is going to change there but that is Rafas issue by my reckoning - I think Mitrovic initially came into the Premier League with the idea he was going to have to be a big strong lad in order to make the step up. He quickly got a reputation and seemed fairly easy to wind up. That is where the manager comes in. He can either try and help him or ostracise him.

I was surprised to read that Benitez talks to Shelvey on a daily basis regarding attitude and mentality - I wonder if Mitrovic was offered the same

He's now playing for a club where the manager clearly thinks a lot of him and it looks like Mitro is starting to reward that

This one has always been a real issue for me and I think Benitez has dropped a real bollock by not showing a bit more faith

but here's the real reason straight from the horses mouth

Quote:“It is a different style we play here at Fulham.

“The players enjoy the football more than last season with Newcastle, where we knew how we wanted to play, we always played on the results, that’s it.

“This season, this team, we always try to score more goals than the opponent.

“Newcastle was more tactical, we didn’t play so much attacking football as we play now.
5th March 2018 07:55 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

I don't think there has ever been any doubt about it being a tactical decision but that's where the frustration lies

Benitez wants to play counter attacking football from a defensive set up - hense Gayle when fit

He only played Joselu for so many games because he worked hard in midfield and was basically the first line of defense

Mitrovic was never going to be a 15 to 20 goal striker this season even if played regularly but I still firmly believe that he could have turned the odd loss into a draw or a draw into a win if he had been given the last half hour of most games
5th March 2018 08:12 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(5th March 2018 08:12 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I don't think there has ever been any doubt about it being a tactical decision but that's where the frustration lies

Benitez wants to play counter attacking football from a defensive set up - hense Gayle when fit

He only played Joselu for so many games because he worked hard in midfield and was basically the first line of defense

Mitrovic was never going to be a 15 to 20 goal striker this season even if played regularly but I still firmly believe that he could have turned the odd loss into a draw or a draw into a win if he had been given the last half hour of most games

what do you mean by that, tactical decision by whom ?
5th March 2018 08:17 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Benitez

In as much as he's ignored (probably) the best striker at this level in the club because he doesn't suit Rafas style

Instead of trying to accommodate (probably) the best striker in the club when goals have been so hard to come by
5th March 2018 08:20 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Just different managers, different styles, Jokanovic clearly likes a swashbucking you score three we'll score four keeganesque approach which suits Mitro better than the ultra-cautious defence-minded bore-fest served up by Rafa.
5th March 2018 08:26 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

I can understand why Benitez wouldn't play gung ho, swashbuckling stuff but to completely ostracise Mitrovic was just fuckin weird
5th March 2018 08:31 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

he doesnt play attacking style because thats how he is, granted we still got promoted but it was painful to watch
5th March 2018 08:41 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

I thought it was fucking glorious.
5th March 2018 09:59 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Mitrovic

He doesn't play attacking style, because he hasn't got the squad of players to do it with, he's making the best of a bad job..
5th March 2018 10:05 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(5th March 2018 09:59 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I thought it was fucking glorious.

winning virtually every week was nice, but performances at times were dross, I recall rotherham at home in particular where we were shite first half until big murph scored in injury time, shite in both games v blackburn, we really made hard work of a lot matches when you think back

(5th March 2018 10:05 AM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He doesn't play attacking style, because he hasn't got the squad of players to do it with, he's making the best of a bad job..

he did have plenty of attacking players last season and when he set them free we were scoring 4s and 6s against some teams, but he's clearly more comfortable keeping things tight, it wasn't always pretty but got results which was the most important thing.
(This post was last modified: 5th March 2018 10:51 AM by WilloTheWimp.)
5th March 2018 10:43 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Another one
6th March 2018 08:26 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Make that 2...
6th March 2018 08:33 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Have I mentioned I'm very, very cross about this one?
6th March 2018 08:54 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(6th March 2018 08:54 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Have I mentioned I'm very, very cross about this one?

We can’t get a word out of you, you strong and silent fool. Spit it out man, we haven’t got all day.
6th March 2018 09:28 PM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite
Mitrovic

Im spitting bloody feathers man Ven
6th March 2018 09:32 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

It is a puzzler, but apparently rafa explained it by saying that as we only expect to get 35-40% possession most games, he isn’t the type he wants up front by himself, which begs the question as to why joselu then? I think it’s a mixture of mitro not being his buy, and not trusting that he wont massacre someone and get another lengthy ban.
Or it may simply be that mitro is just a 2nd level player, it’s just an anomaly of the game in general, in that some managers just don’t rate certain players and that’s that really. Some live to regret it some don’t.
6th March 2018 09:42 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

I am loving every second of it, every goal he scores makes rafa look a bigger plum Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
6th March 2018 11:27 PM