Wenger

Wenger

LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Wenger

Have to say, I’ve always liked Wenger and his approach to the game and policy for giving youth a chance.

However, he has stayed far too long and is ruining his legacy now.

The good times are starting to be outweighed by the bad and what will he now be remembered for?

The Invincibles or the 10-0 demolition job Bayern did on them last season or Citeh’s 2 romps in a week this week, or his team’s demise to finish outside the top 4?

I know it’s quite ridiculous how their so called fans are treating him and have treat him over the last 10 years, despite winning 3 FA Cups in the last few years, but in context, he is setting himself up for this, as a club like Arsenal with their resources should be challenging for the title every year.

He stubbornly refused to spend their cash up until very recently and they have fallen so far behind the league leaders they are light years behind.

It’s sad to see though, as he used to amuse me with how he pissed Fergie off on a regular basis and could really get under the Scottish Manc twat’s skin.

His initial period in charge brought fantastic football and I remember when they won the Cup Winners Cup in ‘93-‘94, they were well received at St James’ a few days later and roundly applauded.

Arsenal fans do have short memories and want to try our lack of trophy run.
1st March 2018 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Banned
RE: Wenger

He has been a great manager but other managers seem to be tactically better now and he can't keep up.

He seems to send his team out and if they do well great, but if not he seems unable to change much mid match.

His times is up and i think he knows it as he looks a defeated man.
2nd March 2018 12:40 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Wenger

I wonder if he spent 250 million would his tactical ability improve ??
2nd March 2018 04:53 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Wenger

He needs George Graham to find him an invincible back four, again...
2nd March 2018 09:47 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

History shows us that players can scent the decaying of a manager essentially working his notice, and just down tools. Maureen at Chelsea, Mancini at citeh and shamefully Raieri at Leicester being recent examples. I think this is the case here. Wenger deserves to leave with dignity, and not be hounded out mid season by those short memoried poltroons whining all over the place.

(2nd March 2018 09:47 AM)Jinkyjim Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He needs George Graham to find him an invincible back four, again...

And a pack of brown envelopes.
(This post was last modified: 2nd March 2018 09:56 AM by Venegoor.)
2nd March 2018 09:55 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Wenger

Hopefully they arrive at SJP stinking of decay and we turn them over.
2nd March 2018 11:55 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Banned

(2nd March 2018 04:53 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I wonder if he spent 250 million would his tactical ability improve ??

Better players will be better at following instructions but it isn''t going to change how good or bad the manager is tactically.
2nd March 2018 12:09 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Wenger

or

do better players need less tactical instruction and instead go out and do what they are good at
2nd March 2018 12:11 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Wenger

So Man City should employ McClaren on £28.50 per week?
2nd March 2018 12:30 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
Wenger

What's a poltroon ?
2nd March 2018 01:18 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(2nd March 2018 12:30 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So Man City should employ McClaren on £28.50 per week?

yes
2nd March 2018 01:19 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Banned

(2nd March 2018 12:11 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.or

do better players need less tactical instruction and instead go out and do what they are good at

Well like lip says..that suggests the manager is irrelevant as long as the club has the money to buy top players..which i totally disagree with.
2nd March 2018 01:20 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Wenger

of course the manager is not irrelevant but to compare Wengers tactical ability against clubs with far greater budgets is just nonsense

Do you think Wenger wouldn't win a trophy if he had Man City's squad
2nd March 2018 01:23 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Banned

He is winning trophies with Arsenal recently enough, it's the league where he is faultering
2nd March 2018 01:35 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Wenger

Who gives a fuck about them anyway?

Lifted from Twitter:

One team has been relegated twice in last ten years and hasn't won a domestic trophy for 63 years.
The other team has won 10 trophies and never finished below 5th in the last 20 years.

[Image: DXOs4CGWkAABtqd.jpg]

[Image: DXOs4ChW0AEMyYQ.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 2nd March 2018 01:42 PM by lipsquid.)
2nd March 2018 01:41 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

never liked wenger particularly because he is a very bad loser (typical french trait) saying that, arsenal fans need to wind their necks in the guy has won them 3 titles and 7 fa cups plus 20 years of champs league
2nd March 2018 01:44 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

I admire his football but he's nowhere to hide. A reputed £7m a year contract, players hes chosen to buy, his youth policy his backroom staff, everything points to him

Another couple of defeats and big Sam will be primed to join
2nd March 2018 06:33 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Wenger has spent nearly 700 mil or so during his 20 year tenure, and whilst not a fortune compared to some, it isn't small change by any means. Whilst averaging about 30 odd million a season over the piece, the last couple of seasons have skewed figures. He hasn't bought well and paid over the odds for them, and basically Guardiola is 'out wengering' wenger at his own game of 15 years ago. He's like a boxer who takes on that one last fight all the time unfortunately. Still, i'd be chuffed if we could hasten the process next month.
2nd March 2018 08:11 PM