Fan Favourite
Sports Direct protest/ideas

I don't think I can be any clearer than I already have been
8th August 2018 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

You have and so have many others. There are around seven billion points of view in the world, each based on a personal perception based on personal experiences and beliefs. Going to a protest is as much as a choice as not going to the match and both are valid stances. I don't always agree with Mac in his comparing Benitez and Pardew but I can see his thinking behind it and he has a proper point based on his beliefs. One thing is though, if Ashley was suddenly bought out by Sheik Benevolence of the Benevolent House and chucked £250 trillion at the club Mac would find it difficult to get another season ticket. He has made a huge sacrifice, as have many others, in chucking it in.
8th August 2018 11:36 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Sports Direct protest/ideas

(8th August 2018 11:36 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.There are around seven billion points of view in the world,

flippin heck must have taken you ages to count all them....mug. Rolleyes
9th August 2018 06:15 AM
geordiebri Offline

Youth Team

To be frank. If you decide to still go, then ultimately you are still propping up the regime, so you can't moan about it being shite can you?

You wouldn't go to a shoe shop and buy a pair of shoes that are scratched and the sole is hanging off would you? No because it is a substandard faulty product.

Newcastle United is currently a substandard faulty product and if you are stupid enough to buy it then you deserve everything you get and stop fucking moaning!
9th August 2018 08:36 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

I honestly don't think it's about being 'substandard' - only 9 teams better than us last season in terms of league position, class manager in charge, Kenedy at least should bring some flair and entertainment...it's not too bad really.

The problem is solely with Ashley. If we had all of the above and we knew that the owner was doing everything to support the team, there'd be no issue with the 'product'. Not for me anyway.

As it stands, we're managing all that despite him - imagine if he spent a bit of money and actually backed the manager.
9th August 2018 08:43 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(9th August 2018 08:36 AM)geordiebri Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.To be frank. If you decide to still go, then ultimately you are still propping up the regime, so you can't moan about it being shite can you?

You wouldn't go to a shoe shop and buy a pair of shoes that are scratched and the sole is hanging off would you? No because it is a substandard faulty product.

Newcastle United is currently a substandard faulty product and if you are stupid enough to buy it then you deserve everything you get and stop fucking moaning!

You cant compare football clubs to shoe shops or pasty merchants or whatever, its not the same thing and nor is the principle.

I have been torn for years about continuing to go, yet here I am going into yet another season with a fully prepaid season ticket in my wallet. Shame on me? Maybe.

I think the slogan of this movement is a little misleading on the face of it - I dont think it is about Rafa leaving, it is about what it means if Rafa leaves - It is the final straw in a doomed relationship. Its not a case of Rafa is awesome and we cant support the club without him. Its a case of for fucks sake its happening for the hundredth time and this time we actually have a platform to soar from and it still makes no difference.

That sort of thing.

I am down in Brighton for a Stag Du so am missing the game and the protests this weekend.

(8th August 2018 06:47 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What is filling a virtual basket supposed to achieve? Is it to ringfence stock so that any bona fide purchasers could find items are out of stock? If it does ringfence then it'll likely return items if the sale hasn't been confirmed. It might be better to add stuff every ten minutes so that it keeps refreshing.

Supposedly the SD site reserves what is in your basket for 24 hours, and so no one else can buy whats in it.

If its done by even a few hundred Mags regularly enough it will cause disruption to their ops.
(This post was last modified: 9th August 2018 08:49 AM by Sal.)
9th August 2018 08:47 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(9th August 2018 08:47 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think the slogan of this movement is a little misleading on the face of it - I dont think it is about Rafa leaving, it is about what it means if Rafa leaves - It is the final straw in a doomed relationship. Its not a case of Rafa is awesome and we cant support the club without him. Its a case of for fucks sake its happening for the hundredth time and this time we actually have a platform to soar from and it still makes no difference.

That sort of thing.

Aye, that's exactly as I see it.
9th August 2018 09:00 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(9th August 2018 08:36 AM)geordiebri Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.To be frank. If you decide to still go, then ultimately you are still propping up the regime, so you can't moan about it being shite can you?

If you have a tv license you’re propping up the regime, the beeb pay millions for broadcast rights, same with Sky subs or even BT. If you bank at Barclays (league sponsors) you’re propping up the regime, so all those folk can stop fucking moaning as well Wink
9th August 2018 09:10 AM
geordiebri Offline

Youth Team

(9th August 2018 09:10 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

If you have a tv license you’re propping up the regime, the beeb pay millions for broadcast rights, same with Sky subs or even BT. If you bank at Barclays (league sponsors) you’re propping up the regime, so all those folk can stop fucking moaning as well Wink

I can't lie, i will be watching it likeBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
9th August 2018 10:19 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(9th August 2018 10:19 AM)geordiebri Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(9th August 2018 09:10 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

thare's nowt like being there though, specially for the first match, wouldn't swap that feeling for the world
9th August 2018 10:22 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(9th August 2018 10:19 AM)geordiebri Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Big Grin
9th August 2018 10:25 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Everyone give house of fraser some stick on social media.
10th August 2018 02:06 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
10th August 2018 05:52 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Emailed NUFC.com asking why they aren't mentioning it.

Much like the proposed match boycott tomorrow and people packing in when Rafa leaves, people who want to do that will do it whether I advocate it or not. 

Biffa
10th August 2018 07:30 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

They have a lot of readers, but I think social media is more of an influence these days. Don't think a mention on nufc.com would have too much effect.

Would still be good to see them backing it though.
10th August 2018 07:34 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(10th August 2018 07:34 PM)richyNUFC Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.They have a lot of readers, but I think social media is more of an influence these days. Don't think a mention on nufc.com would have too much effect.

Would still be good to see them backing it though.

Lost respect for them for not mentioning it tbh.
10th August 2018 07:37 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

They're a pair of sanctimonious pricks
10th August 2018 07:43 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

*clears throat*
11th August 2018 09:11 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

This is great.
11th August 2018 10:13 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

2k at the protest apparently, class

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(This post was last modified: 11th August 2018 02:05 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
11th August 2018 01:43 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

WHERES THE MONEY GONE, WHERES THE MONEY GONE?

HOUSE OF FRASER, HOUSE OF SHITE.
11th August 2018 02:58 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Erm, aye....
11th August 2018 04:08 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

I heard them at Monument so went to have a shuffty. They were loud and proud!
11th August 2018 06:59 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Ugh...trying to post a pic and video but failing miserably.
(This post was last modified: 11th August 2018 08:40 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
11th August 2018 08:39 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(11th August 2018 06:59 PM)Texasmag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I heard them at Monument so went to have a shuffty. They were loud and proud!

Not feel like joining in?

(11th August 2018 04:08 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Erm, aye....

?
(This post was last modified: 11th August 2018 10:46 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
11th August 2018 10:28 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

(11th August 2018 10:28 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

(11th August 2018 06:59 PM)Texasmag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I heard them at Monument so went to have a shuffty. They were loud and proud!

(11th August 2018 04:08 PM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Erm, aye....

?

I did!
12th August 2018 06:23 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(11th August 2018 10:28 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

?

You’re turning into one of those zealous ex smokers who run round dramatically coughing if someone lights up near you. Chill man, it’s only a game Smile
12th August 2018 08:19 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(12th August 2018 08:19 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

?

You’re turning into one of those zealous ex smokers who run round dramatically coughing if someone lights up near you. Chill man, it’s only a game Smile

How very polite of you venegoor...he's turning into a complete fucking dickhead if you ask me. Big Grin
12th August 2018 08:44 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Well, not really that far, but each to his own.
12th August 2018 11:10 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(12th August 2018 11:10 AM)Venegoor Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Well, not really that far, but each to his own.

aah dickhead too far eh?

how about boring drunken little scroat? Confused
12th August 2018 11:18 AM